New UK Forum

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Peace-Phoenix, May 8, 2004.

1. Merlin

Merlin Member

Oh yeah, actually I don't incude the exclamation mark at the end of my username in reality. I found when I first tried to log in that the forum didn't recognise me by my old accounts, so setting up a new one was fine by me.

2. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

Hello UK :)

This is OctopusRide, I saw the 'someone messed up' message t'other day and thought I'd pop back to see what the changes were.

Kinda sad that the old set-up is gone, I usually turn and run from any forum that looks like this. But I know people who use this sort of board and they thought the old hipforums was a maze of epic proportions! So it'll probably be much easier to navigate once all get used to it.

And as someone said in one of these new threads, it's the people that make the board, so all should be swell in no time. Anyway, good to see ya :D

3. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

:) Thank you Sal and EnonEmouse(nearly needed your kind help but managed to sort it in the end) have set up another e-mail address for Moominpappa so that I can once more be Moominmamma again.

:confused: Still think the forums look like an airport reception lounge or a hospital/dentists waiting room. But I guess this change being a forced one, meant that a package is being implemented here, that won't have any of the charming quirks that the old forums had, the price of progress?

It is interesting to see who is online and where they are, will anyone ever visit the Kinky threads again!

Do have one request, Sal can we get rid of this pale blue background it is killing me old eyes. Still means I have got a lot of other stuff done this weekend as I can only manage fifteen minutes on a forum that makes my eyes go funny!

with love

Moominmamma

4. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Happy Wanderer

I have found changing the font and its colour makes it easier to read.

Glad your back

Love & Laughter
    EnonEmouse

5. miabubble

miabubble Member

I like Josie's idea about being able to set your font so its always a certain way, It's a real drag ding it every time!

6. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

arg... this new lay out is so confuddling... i feel so lost and scared :S :(

7. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Welcome back Fleassy! Yeah, I know what you mean, but there's still lots of work being done on it and I think over time things will improve. And we'll all get used to it in no time at all I'm sure....

8. Xiola

Xiola One Lonely Seagull

:eek: Tis all so new and strange! Not really like home anymore, though I'm sure it will be soon.

Can I ask what happened to the old forum? Why did it go?

9. rainbow dew

rainbow dew Member

wow!!! octopus ride! wonderful to see you again man, hows things??

*lobs another poo ball....*

namaste
    x x x

10. Ellie-Rose

Ellie-Rose Le Muppet

Yey john!! Its gonna take a while to get used to your new name:cool:
    It took the whole system to die to get you posting again *hurrah*

:D

11. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

This is a difficult and testing time for us all. I think we are all looking to young Salman for spiritual guidance and leadership during this trying period.

"As sure as the man will fall over whose legs you chop off, the giant bear will shit on your head, bigstyle" - ancient Finnish saying.

Come, join me in prayer.

12. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

"Fear not, trust in me and I shall deliver ye into the light" - me in a decidedly Wil-O'-The Wisp mood:p

It's going to be hard for us to adjust no doubt. I'm still getting the hang of things. The plus side is there are lots of new features for everyone to use as long as they can get their heads round them, and I have plenty more powers to abuse, er, I mean utilise to promote community interests. The sticky thread ability is great, it'll allow all the important threads to stay at the top of the page, instead of them simply having a decidedly homosexual pink star next to them. The new uni-sex gold stars are good too. It makes the whole rating of decent threads a lot more open and democratic. The only major downside to the move, other than me losing all 10 of my beautiful posts (and all 9,990 of my dispicably ugly ones:p) is the rather bland and formal presentation of the whole thing. Fear not, however, as Skip assures us that the presentation will be worked on, once the more important features are worked on. And there have been noticeable improvements since yesterday, I must say. In general I think the change will work out for the better, and I shall guide ye all my children into the mire, caugh, caugh, ahem, to safety....

13. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

Francis the firefly was better :p

14. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

Thanks Sal, I'm relying on you. I'm sure you'll prove up to the task. I am reassured that wherever I go, whatever I do, you are right behind me. I feel very happy in that certainty - not all of us believe the rumours.

15. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

I've only just discovered this is here, I've been clicking on a link in my favourites all week and been getting the 'old' place.

I'm not sure I can handle all the purple but the interface is better ... got me a proper name now too :D

16. Hippie_Girl

Hippie_Girl Innit!

I must admit when Spyder told me I couldn't believe it until he showed it to me :) I suppose it takes some getting ussed to without the personal forums :)