New UK Forum: Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Peace-Phoenix, May 9, 2004.

1. d_feet

d_feet Member

OOoohhh excitement! Just found this forum and am most glad I have! Excellent to meet like minded folk!

28 year old guy living in sunny (and sleepy) Dorset! Would write more by my PC seems to be throwing it's toys out of the pram at the moment so... maybe later heh?

I think I'm going to like it here

2. Phill

Phill Member

I'm phill...the site manager by the way.....

3. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Get the hell off our land Phill!!!!:p

You seem to be littering our forum.... so i am fining you £50:eek: :p

Love Clairexxx

4. Sedge

Sedge Member

Hey I'm Sedge and live up north in Cumbria. I'm nineteen and like music! I play guitar (although doesn't everyone), and I listen to psychedelic stuff, like The Dead, Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, and I'm a huge Zeppelin fan.

e-mail address hasanyoneseenthebridge@hotmail.com

5. SharyBobbins

SharyBobbins QPR Football Fan

Hello.

My name is SharyBobbins.
    I am a student at Berry College. www.berry.edu
    I will be a Junior this Spring semester.
    My major is History.
    I plan on moving to the U.K. after I graduate here.
    My favorite director is Quentin Tarantino.
    I speak some spanish and some german.

That's all I can think of now.

6. ISeeSheep

ISeeSheep Member

Hey
    I'm Emma, but there are those that call me Emma if you like.
    I'm pretty much emo, I'm at college and I volunteer at Oxfam.
    I listen to music pretty much 24-7 because I have little life outside my room. That and I love it intensely.
    I've just spent a very lovely 4 days with some of these 'ere Hip Forum people in Ilkley, so I joined up myself. The shear number of threads astounds and frightens me somewhat. Ah well.
    Erm erm erm thats it.

7. Lord Apocalypse

Lord Apocalypse Member

I'm Carl some of you met me at Ilkley I'm waiting for my college results before going on to Uni to study Biology, Hopefully I'll be going to York uni and I want to go into research followed by teaching. My main interests are Film (Leons and excalibur are my favourite) and Music (Placebo are my favourite band) As you may already be able to tell I have a hit and miss aproach to spelling and punctuation I'm sorry for this but It just happens

Anyway speak to you all in the Forums soon

I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Carl

8. melody of speech

melody of speech Member

No ones gonna read this so I could argue with my self whats the point in writing it but then that would mean I'm talking to myself which I never do!?

Anyway I'm mark, from crappy old colchester in essex and am studying Film, Psychology and english language at college.

*Favourite bands (which I can think of at the mo')* Radiohead, sonic youth, Datsuns, Muse, Mudhoney, Led zepplin, Air, King Crimson, Mars Volta, Naked in Black & Tankus the Henge ;)

*Favourite Films (although ever changing)* Requiem for a dream, Labyrinth, One hour photo, Pulp fiction, Nikita, Three colours trilogy...thats all for now.

I'm also into other stuff like reading and writing but frankly can't be bothered to go into any more detail.

Anyway, what a brilliant waste of time.

Melodyofspeech@hotmail.com

9. stickman

stickman Member

A stickman could be seen as just simple and crude, but in reality he is an intrinsic expression of basic human dynamics............
    ......in other words, I don't eat enough and am a pretentious mental deviant!
    so hello one and all!

10. DaisaeFaerie

DaisaeFaerie Member

heylo i be daisy and i be confused as to how to put up a picture. ???

je suis blonde (naturally, comes in useful) and blue eyed but not ayran cos im also very short. or petite if you're being polite :)

i live for music - too much of it to name!!!singerwise, eva cassidy, katie melua, paul simon, bandwise, the eagles, tankus the henge, simon and garfunkel (music to poetry or poetry to music?) and so much more...composerwise leonard cohen, karl jenkins, and not to mention chopin and schubert and other lesser known masters.
    never happier than when playing le piano or singing (singing esp) or trying to teach myself the guitar. i also do my best with the cello but is lacking enthusiasm :(

am boringly situated with the parentials in a house with a sister a dog a cat a rabbit and two hamsters in berkshire...ugh and gcse results coming up EEK...next year doing 4 A levels...it goes on!

am very confused as to everything religiously inclined, so for now call me an experimental spiritualist who believes in truth beauty freedom love (and music!) but is still making up her mind about everything else.

just had the best time of my life touring with Berkshire Youth Choir in the Baltics for 10 days...woooooaah was spectacularly awesome!now back in the UK and have found this amazing hippie clan!!!!!
    ellesappelle_ellenore@hotmail.com

love Daisae xxxxx

11. flump

flump Member

im tom, formerly tom_uk from a long time ago on these forums, hardly ever seem to find the time to visit these days but i do pop my head in from time to time like i did today so i thought i might aswell add meself to this list. a few of you may have spoken to me before, quite a lot of you wont.
    they wont let me use my real name cos someone got there first so i am called flump, i dont know why it was just the first word into my head.
    erm im 22, and im a guy, and im pretty tall, 6ft 4 now i think and hopefully not getting any bigger. im a kind of hippy i guess, a long haired free thinking kind of person, ive always found the people here pretty cool and yet ive never met any of them even though ive been visiting this site for 6 years or something like that, crazy stuff. what else? welllllllll i love having fun with my mates and doing stupid things feuled by beer and general sillyness, ive studied shamenism\herbalism\plant stuff for a few years and have got a collection of weird and wonderful plants that i spend a lot of time sorting out. i love reggae music in all its forms although my tastes are pretty varied but thats my main passion music wise. i live in cambridge, i have a big pet piranha called dave who scares me now when i have to clean his tank cos he has got so big
    i also have a dog, well its my parents, but dogs are cool. erm well that covers most stuff i guess, anything else you'd have to talk to me to find out

12. Down_In_It

Down_In_It Member

13. rainbowkid

rainbowkid Member

Hey my name is Michael I live in Matfield near Tunbridge Wells and I'm really into music I play drums in a band. I listen to Led Zeppelin, Ten Years After, Pink Floyd, Camal, Yes, The Beatles, CSNY, Planet Gong, Savoy Brown, Daevid Allen etc. I can also play a bit of guitar but I prefer bass guitar (not to drums though) and also I can play a bit of Sitar.

"When the rich wage war,
    It's the poor who die."

- Jean - Paul Sartre.

14. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

Hi, I'm Daniel, I'm 25, live in South East London (with my folks, but plan to get my own place before I'm 26) and just enjoy chilling out.

I'm a web developer by trade, running my own business from home, but alas am currently not making a mint on it (which is why I'm still at home).

I'm a very big computer gamer and love to play multiplayer games online. I use the internet alot (both for work and pleasure), and socalise via the internet a hell of a lot, but also very much into the outside world, and will go on outdoor events, such as camping and hiking, as much as I can.

UUuumm, I'm not sure what else to say... everything you will want to know about me should be on my website, so dive in and have a look: http://theworldofdan.co.uk/

Oh, and feel free to send me a message via MSN or something, I'm always up for a chat :)

15. AukonDK

AukonDK Member

Hi All [​IMG].Been recommended to this forum by a good friend and thought I'd join up. I mostly spend time in the Doctor Who based forum at www.outpostgallifrey.net but there's only so much arguments about continuity and how much the 80's sucked that I can take in large doses [​IMG]

Anyway, I've got a website at www.hydraxnet.co.uk with stories and poems, mostly from my hormonal days as a teenager (weren't they great days eh? [​IMG]) but i wanna do more to it soon.

Hopefully I'll see you all around [​IMG]

AukonDK

16. Luke Loves You

Luke Loves You Member

Hey everyone, I'm Luke, and I'm 18 and live in Cheshire :)

I'm going to university in... 2 days! Going to Staffordshire to study business (yawn).

Anyway, I'm not a 'hippy', I just like genuinely nice people, and it just so happens that hippies are just that, as their basic belief system is one of peace and love- which I think is awesome :) I do love rainbow coloured things though!

I like all kinds of music, 60s (Janis Joplin <3), 70s punk (Black Flag, Germs, Dead Kennedys, Ramones), Nirvana, Hole, Chillis, Blondie, Sheryl Crow... I like all sorts!

17. jooles

jooles Member

Hi everyone, I'm Julia or Jooles everyone calls me. I am 26 and currently living in the concrete jungle london. I am originally from New Zealand and are just cruizing around the world checking out new places, until I feel content enough to stay. I am a freelance graphic designer and really love my job cause it challenges me and I get to satisfy my creative side every day.
    I enjoy old and new music, and am currently listening to har mar superstar, cause he is so funky, and vega4.
    I suffer from clinical depression which was diagnosed 5 years ago, and have it controlled by prescription medicine. Due to that, I don't do drugs of any kind, cause I can control my fun much better with alcohol and ciggies!
    My favourite pastime is chilling, getting in the outdoors, walking, sleeping, and hanging with friends.
    :)

18. Brightwolf

Brightwolf Member

19. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

tom_uk! :eek: I've been wondering whereabouts you got, how's it going man?

Should maybe re-introduce myself really since there's that many new names and faces around. I was OceanStar when I first joined, then OctopusRide and now I'm the bokonon you see before you. Or John'll do.

Music and plants are probably my main hobbies. Music's been my, passion I suppose, for as long as I can remember. Since I first popped The Beatles 'red album' into my Dad's LP player when I was about four! The plant interest probably came when I discovered that marijuana one. Ever since I've had a wonder for just how powerful and medically effective many can be.

Always playing guitar, learning piano and auto-harp and currently working toward making the safest most mind blowing drugs known :D

Msn: oceanstar@zensearch.net
    Pictures in that little 'gallery' button located just down there :)

20. reaperace

reaperace Member

hello one and all, i'm jon, and i was introduced to this great forum by polkadots and stripes. im from the depths of essex, and ireland...yay me!

i like reading alot, and walking... i walk most places.... i also love to be surrounded by loads and loads of wonderful people! and watching films.... im on msn as reaperbass@hotmail.com. so its all good...mostly.

toodles!