New UK Forum: Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Peace-Phoenix, May 9, 2004.

1. Smudge

Smudge Member

I'm Smudge- just joined...hope I'm not the oldest one on this forum (nearly 45:eek: )

Oh well...I just loved the 70's and that's how I found this forum tonight.

I'm from Birmingham....have 1 husband :D , + 2 kids

Been a Christian since I was 23.

Was involved with mental health and counselling, plus many other jobs B.K. (Before kids)

Bit lost here...so I'll have a look around...see ya.:)

2. rockchef

rockchef Member

Hi to all the nice people on this forum just joined and thought i would just say hi and tell you all a bit about my self. Ok here goes i am eddie aka rockchef am quite a laid back person tend to say not a lot unless i have something worth saying i live in a little village in perthshire scotland and love to play my guitar as often as i can am a mad hendrix and zeppelin fan as well as dylan and most other decent music. Also am a great fan of harley davidson bikes wish i could ride or even afford one lol. Ok things that bug me big time are bullys bigotry racism and idiot corporate puppets that try to run our countries but only line their own pockets . I was brought up a catholic but that soon changed when i got to be a teenager and found out that most churches around the world were as corrupt as our so called leaders so from about the age of sixteen i have followed the wiccan path anyway hope to chat to you all soon take care and kind regards from scotland
    rockchef

3. Beautiful_Day

Beautiful_Day Member

Boo...

i am Beautiful Day (AKA bRUCE 2, AKA mR rICH) from the lovely city of coventry (hmm)... woo this is my 1st post on the new forums, cant think of anything interesting to say tho... hmmm...

if u really wanna know about moi...

im achtzehn jahre alt and have a tendency to insert random german words into otherwise english sentences. just finishing college, soon to be quitting my job at TGI fridays and getting a permanent one with any luck. soon to be moving out if all goes to plan.
    Im a lucky fucker and im going to Glasto and Beautiful Days festival (hence the name) and im also a lucky fucker because im going out with the Lurvely Erykah (alomiakoda, on the forums)....

just come back from spain with a nice big bottle of Absinthe w00t....

what else was i gonna say erm... oh yeah i have a really bad memory, i put it down to heavy drinking in my youth :p Im a REAL ale drinker :p

i have an electric n acoustic guitar, am obsessed with bruce springsteen, hence the fender telecaster i own. :D like lots of music ....springsteen, neil young, joni mitchell, tom waits, the levellers, new model army, godspeed you black emperor, bleeding hearts, Love ...recently seen Willard Grant Conspiracy live, and cant wait to see suzanne vega at glastonbury:)

ill end this by saying that my last ever post on the old forums was about the discrepencies of drinking coffee.....:eek:

Buenos Nochas

:p

4. mmelody

mmelody Member

Hi there..Im mmelody from Devon. Im 33 and on my second childhood (rediscovering the things that actually make me feel GOOD) after years of putting other people first.

Im interested in...well people in general...theres nowt as strange as folk!!!!
    I just love diversity and originality..nice to meet ya all

5. marko

marko Member

Totally new to the boards,
    30 something commodity trader trying my best to make my peaceful way through life.

I love my music (especially live), my smokes (errrm!), a few cold ones and my dogs.
    Hope to bump into you all at some point.

Peace

6. roly

roly Senior Member

hi there. My name's tamara, a.k.a roly. I used to be on the old forums but alas they are no more. I am 17 from walton-on-thames, surrey (originally from N.Ireland). I like my guitar, POETRY, literature in general actually, genuine people and my faith. I dislike Jeremy +Fifi (fun.fun,fun....), garage or hip hop, ARROGANCE, drugs and closed minded people. My favourite food is APPLES....mmmmmm........
    Hope i am not intruding the forum......
    Much love....speak soon...... :D

7. shrimpgirl

shrimpgirl Member

hey
    i'm shrimpgirl :) i'm not from the UK but i'll be moving to London for uni next year and i'm very excited/terrified/unbelieving about the whole experience to come - i thought i'd join the uk forum to meet some of you since i don't know ANYONE in London

a little bit about me... well, i'm a little uncertain about who i am right now, this past year hasn't been the greatest and i got thrown off my feet a little, but i have a lot of hope :)
    life seems a little too fast alot of the time, don't you think?

... even though i'll be studying anthropology next year, i have a sneaky suspicion i'll become a carpenter instead cuz my happiness is working with my hands :)

hope to build some friendships here
    peace, shrimpgirl

8. o0child_at_nature0o

o0child_at_nature0o Member

hey im o0child at nature0o or shaun i guess lol im lovin seeing theres people in the u.k who care about this place n r trying to make it better i was starting to lose hope.i'm new here n looking forward to getting to know all of you n hopefully learn something from u all aswell i'm only 16 n its only been about a year sence i've been into the hippy sene but lovin it all the same i'm finding it hard to get to know some other people how share the same outlook on life.cant wait to get to know all of u!! peace n love to u all
    o yeah n my e mail is thepaperboy15@hotmail.com

9. primevel_jm_livid

primevel_jm_livid Member

Ay carumba! thought i posted on this thing already:confused: hmm.. am one of those ppl wo has to write everything down or will forget it entirely. I love forums.. however keep forgetting it exists entirely. BIzarre, no? My name is Jess and im a free spirit lol or thats what id call myself. i seem to be tied down by everything at the moment...

I love.. life, exploring, talking, dancing in the sunshine (and rain). when im inspired i draw all over whatever i have to hand- yes including those. lol toes too. im in first year of 6th form and adore it-studying history, spanish,biology, chemistry. Music wise i'll listen to anything. . especially classic fm when its really really LOUD! with music I gotta Feel it or its means nothing. uh Philip glass rox.
    he scored the part in THe Hours where virginia woolf is drowning herself..

chocface1@hotmail.com

10. littleskinny

littleskinny Member

Hi I'm Skinny. Was on the old boards. Nice to see folk again, even though those of you who changed names are confusing!!

I'm 24, live and work in London, write poems, read a lot, drink too much, can't quit smoking, spend too much time on the internet.... the usual really.

11. Jaz Delorean

Jaz Delorean Senior Member

Ok hello.
    I was just Jaz before, but this time round I thought i'd add my surname, so now i'm Jaz Delorean.
    My interests are Luchi (Chickabean!!), Music, God (thats a big one), music, progressive rock, music, jazz, life.
    I'm a hippie, of course, i'm on this site. i've been on it for about 2 and a bit years....
    I love stuff that makes me thing "woooooooow"

Life rocks!!!!
    Click here http://www.brit.croydon.sch.uk/music/Albums/03/14 - Track 14.mp3 to hear what happens when i think.

love Jaz xxxxxx

12. nemesister

nemesister Member

hey people. no one will remember me but i used to post now again on these forums (agesssss ago) under the name of child_of_the_flowers. hmm anyway i remembered about these forums and decided to come back :)
    umm im in a reaaaaaaaallllllllllllyyyyyyyy happy mood coz i got a glastonbury ticket on sunday!!! coz they went on sale again. i thought i wasnt gonna be going but YESSSSS I AMM!!!
    yep thats about all i have to say right now
    ######

13. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm Samhain and i'm a practising witch, i live in Brighton uk and paganism is pretty much my life.
    Samhain is my pagan name and for those of you that don't know its the name for the pagan/wiccan festival of the dead.
    i'm twenty eight, pretty sorted now what ever that means, i'm a professional tarot reader of ten years.
    if you live near Brighton and you'd be interested in a pagan spirituality group you can email me on

thefreakc@btinternet.com

or p.m me on here

blessings

S

14. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Black Bill here, oldish(40's) hip type of humanoid. I like just about everything at times, and dislike just about everything at others. I dislike the way things are in this country, and I'm afraid its getting worse...but there is hope..I hope!

I am currently thinking of going to Morrocco for some time - but meanwhile, kill some in the forums. Perhaps make some new aquaintances/freinds.

15. renee

renee Member

Ummmm, I'm not really English but the other people in this forum get on my lil nerves so I was told by another person that this section was more welcoming.... My name is Renee.... And I'm an American. :cool: :eek: :confused:

16. magicmonkey

magicmonkey Member

Well I thought I may as well post here.

I'm Ben, 24, living in a place called Frome near Bath, there are plenty of people there with 6 knuckles (if you're from round here you know what I mean!) but thank god there are a few pretty decent people round here as well so I tend to spend my time going to parties, fixing and breaking computers and generally chilling out with good people. Sounds idyllic doesn't it!!

I like to think of myself as having a pretty broad musical taste, I'm just getting into the blues at the moment but I tend to be a bit more into the 'Bristol sound' as that's where I grew up. I'm quite into my films as well and tend to get a bit over opinionated about them so you have been warned!

I'm not exactly the furthest thing in the world from a hippy but a hippy I aint I'm afraid, I'll have to beg your indulgence on that point...

here's a wee picture of me as well.

http://www.hipgallery.com/photopost2/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=2595

I took the username magicmonkey because well... he's the funkiest monkey that ever rocked!!!

17. Gothic-dolly

Gothic-dolly Member

raaaah heheh and me :p You already know me but for the newbies its Antonia Fraser FRom scouseland aka Nirvana-princess
    [​IMG]

and SPONGE BOB too

[​IMG]

Gothy_dollykins@hotmail.com

18. Dais

Dais Member

Well this is all very new isn't it?! Getting a bit confused here!

I'm Dais anyway, think i'm known by the odd one or two members as i've been here for a few years now too :) Met lots of loverly people!!! I'm 18 (19 on Monday, yay!) and i'm studying jewellery design at Uni, having lots and lots of fun! I love music, SO many different bands and artists, today i've been listening to the pixies! I love art, and pretty much always have! All kinds, painting, photography, film, etc! I love going to festials and meeting new people that have got interesting things to tell me that i did not know, hehe! Tha's pretty much it really, i'm happy and hope to remain that way :)

Lots of loves for everyone

Dais
    x x x x x

19. DAV-UK

DAV-UK Member

Hi to old and new young and older... Im Dave from the uk... I do not know about the old hip forums so if anybody would like to bring me up to speed.

20. forgetmenot

forgetmenot Member

Um...hi there i'm new to the forum and i'm happy to finally find a place where i can contact people as "strange" as me and living in the uk!
    My personal philosophy:"Please don't seach my bags.......Mr customs man".