New UK Forum: Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Peace-Phoenix, May 9, 2004.

1. Jim

Jim Senior Member

I've been on these forums years and never really introduced myself, so I thought, "what the hell?" ... lol :D

Yes, you've guessed it... I'm Jim..

I've been around the hip forums for about 5 or so years now.. I used to post fairly frequently in the music forum back in like 2000/01 but I've not really posted that much since then... I just chip in now and then when the mood takes me..

Anyways... I'm from Surrey, although I recently moved with the family when they trecked down to Dorset, so, I'm here for the time being.. who knows for how long though..

A good way to sum me up pretty briefly would be to say that I'm a music man... I listen, collect and play (guitar) music...

I've got some vague info and crappy quality pic here: http://hippychat.surrealperception.net/jim.htm

Oh, and my msn is: sixtiesfreakout@hotmail.com ...

2. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

\/\/\/\/\/\

3. tulip

tulip Member

Ahh green!

This is about the third time I'm trying to do this... this new forum apparently doesn't like me...

Anyways... I am tulip. I've been living in the UK in Middlesbrough :eek: since January, but will be going back home to Finland in a couple of weeks...

What else...?... I'm married and very much enjoying it.
    I'm a student. I'm studying business and languages... don't really like the business part of it but I love languages! :) I also love music and films and a lot of other stuff but it would take too long to list my favourites and I'm a lazy lazy tulip... you can always ask me if you want to know... Ha! :D

Ok maybe that's quite enough now...
    My MSN is queenbone@hotmail.com feel free to add me...

~peacetulip.

[​IMG]

4. ChiefCowpie

ChiefCowpie hugs and bugs

howdy folks, i'm Chief Cowpie...i live in York...the new part...i think its really special being from the U.K...some folks around the world like to poke fun at our horsey teeth and pastey skin but they are all indebted to us come lunchtime and they partake of the Earl of Sandwich's culinary invention of the sandwich

Chief_Shoveler@hotmail.com

5. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

*peeks in*

I probably very well don't belong here, since I'm an American living in the United States. However, as you may or may not have seen in my previous thread ('American who desperately wants to move to the UK'), I've heard, and believe, that the UK is a terrific place! Beautiful land with beautiful people, and rich and diverse culture all around. :)

Anywho, my name is Ginger, but most call me Gin or Ginge. I first registered for this board about two days ago under the name 'BornInTheWrongGeneration'. But I felt it was lengthy, and kind of drab, so I went back to my simplictic nature and decided to use my real name. I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico and attend the University of New Mexico, majoring in Communications and minioring in Psychology. In fact, I will be getting my Bachelor's degree exactly one year from today! :) Then it's off to do Lord knows what. I do know that I plan to make it to the UK at some point in my life. Probably not too long after I graduate. But I need to do a lot of research first, as expected when one travels internationally.

As for interests, I enjoy the usual: movies, music (mostly music from the 60s), reading, and hanging out. I'm very much into intercultural affairs, and love learning other languages and embracing different lifestyles. I studied Spanish for 8 years, and now I'm just starting to learn Japanese (which is really fun!)

Well, I've not much more to say about myself, other than I really like this place, and I hope I can make some really stellar friends! I just hope I'm not intruding... :(

Feel free to ping me anytime!

MSN: wonderlands7@earthlink.net
    AIM: Ginge6482

6. EarthWhirler

EarthWhirler Member

Hey folks,

no name change for me Earthwhirler at your service! Commonly known as Sam, partner-in-crime of Dok Atomik.

I never did the whole blurb about me before but seeing as the sun's shining today, I think I can manage a wee bit of info.

This coming summer sees me make it to 30 although, I'm sure I almost get ID'd in pubs, and I still want to tick the 16-24 box on forms. I've been a full-on veggie since I was 14 and vegetarianism ranks high in my personal morality, although, I'm not a preacher ;)

I grew up in Essex, hippied out, my dad did a runner (not 'cos of the hippy thing :rolleyes: ) my friends deserted me, and I went to live in London. After several years of 'I don't know what to do with my life' fretting, I decided to leave London, dump my belongings with my sister, and took a small rucksack with myself down to Glastonbury (the town not the festi), there I panicked again wondering if I'd done the right thing, chilled out and lived in a tent for a few months. That was 8 years ago. And I'm still here. And here is where I met the Dok, so here's good

After dossing around for most of my life, I finally got a job and am currently managing a bookshop, which is also good 'cos life without books sucks. I have to say tho', I hate working for wankers, so my plan is to open up my own shop (with the Dok) and to create a chilled, vibey space with many many plants and many many books!

I'm generally outgoing although, those of you that I met at Avebury may think otherwise, not feeling well at the time made it hard for me to communicate, although, I think the sheep understood me

I'm loathe to put a picture of myself here, but firstly, there's loads of me on the Dok's website so I can't really complain about that, and secondly, I think the tree carvings have much coolness about them. Oh, and I'm vain :D

[​IMG]

7. TheFly

TheFly Member

TheFly has landed!!!

Yes... indeed... I have made it here to our new abode... without getting squished by any rolled up newspapers or nasty windscreens... twas a difficult journey... but I have survived!!!

Hmmmm... must stop overdosing on the exclaimation marks!!!!

Anways...

I am TheFly... how's that for dramatic?...

I am 35 years old... but still incredibly handsome and sexy... and I live down here in the wilds of Cornwall... well, actually I live in the throbbing tourist metropolis of Newquay but its close to Fistral Beach so I can't really complain...

Well... yes I can... and I will... quite a lot... as you may see in my sig, I have granted the status of being the Official Uk Forum Grumpy Old Man... which allows me to moan endlessly about a entire range of mind-numbingly worthless stuff... but it keeps me off the streets... except when I'm walking the dog... dalmation... completely nuts... see?... I can moan about anything...

What else would you like to know?... I'm married to the lovely Sal... no... not that Sal... another Sal... although the comedy value of seeing me married to Peace Phoenix mighjt be the starting point for a BBC2 series... and I have two wonderful boys... well, they are asleep now... so that is wonderful in itself...

And what do I do... I'm a teacher... I teach Drama and Theatre Studies... and I'm also currently Deputy Head of Year 11... so if you have any school based worries, please feel free to fuck off and moan at somebody else... nah, only joking...

Music... my tastes are wide and varied but start and end with David Bowie... also into Roxy Music... Peter Gabriel... Radiohead... Kate Bush... Blur... REM... I expect you get the idea... but I am also blessed with the joy of being the Official Uk Forum 80s Music Expert... coz I was around then... and I'm an old fart... and I'm proud of being an old fart, so there!!!... oh, more exclaimation marks...

And I am the blessed founder of The Flyology Forum... which is a fantastic way of losing masses of time thinking about the most important person in your life... you!!... that's right!!!... I said YOU!!!!... and I don't give a fuck how many exclaimation marks I have to use to get the point across...

So there...

You'll get to know me fairly soon... I'm an irritating old fart... and I love it!!!!

Fly...

8. greasytuesday

greasytuesday Member

Hello! My name was Zachariah on the old forums, I thought I'd change my name cuz greasytuesday is the one I normally use anyway.

I joined the forums, hmmm... maybe a year and a half ago? I really don't remember. I didn't visit them much at first but read em alot nowadays.

I'm 19, I live in a teeny tiny city called Ely, not far from Cambridge. Something I think is cool about Ely is if you look at the cover art of Division Bell by Pink Floyd, you will see a cathedral in the mouth of the big metal head. That is Ely Cathedral, and its literally down the end of my road!

Anyway, I'm doing a foundation year at Anglia Polytechnic Uni so I can go on to Music Tech. In fact, I'm supposed to be doing an assignment right now but FUCK! I've lost my notes!! Its due in tomorrow as well, but oh well.

I'm really in to music, any at all. Recently I've been listening to some African music, but I really love all kinds. As long as it has soul and feeling... cheesy thing to say maybe but thats what its all about.

Theres only one picture of me on the net that I know of, and it was on a Reading website! My mate found it randomly while he was at school, spooky coincidence. It was taken at Reading 2002.

http://www.readingfestivalonline.co.uk/images/photos/mosh02.jpg

I'm the guy in the middle in the blue jeans. I look quite different know, I've got a bit of a short beard and long hair now. People say I look like a ginger Jesus everywhere I go, heh.

My MSN addy is greasytuesday@hotmail.com

9. zopilote

zopilote Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i'm kelso, i'm 19, from cambridge and i am no longer profitinpeace or slight

nice to meet you

10. Maon

Maon Member

Well I have been here a wee while now since coming back to the Uk after being away for 7 years. I study art and design at Leeds Met University and live on a narrowboat up in Yorkshire. Doesn't look like I will be finishing university as I will be going on the road again. For good. It is the only way of life for me and the best part of it is living it in its simplicity. The most important thing in people for me is to be able to wake up, smile and look forward to the rest of the day as if it something new and exciting that you have discovered for the first time. I am a person who needs others around to inspire and be inspired by. To share, laugh and cry with. Nowhere else have I found people that I can do that with than here. Here is to you all and to a few of you in particular. Look forward to the road ahead and the magical journey we are embarking on and the people we will pick up on the way.

For those of you setting out in life joining or joining us for the first time remember you cannot have an agenda for chilling out and if an opportunity presents itself grab it. Don't worry of what you are doing tomorrow or later today live for the moment enjoy being part of now ... those obsessed with the past and present are sleepwalkers. Write your own life don't let it be written for you.

Oh and I have a thousand stories I could tell you but don't take my word for it ... go see for yourself!

love and peace
    Maon (pronounced Moon)

gilesmcpherson@hotmail.com

11. emilie

emilie Member

Heylo!! :) Yay I finally got around to posting here! I'm Emilie, I live in Hereford, and I'm into all kinds of things....photography, philosophy, psychology, Buddhism, music, art, politics, animal welfare, environmental issues, drama...
    I feel very passionately about helping to protect the environment as I think the Earth is such a beautiful place which needs to be preserved for the benefit of it's inhabitants; both those currently inhabiting it and those who are born into such an amazing place in the future.

Anyway, here's a fairly recent piccie of me...

[​IMG]

Much Love,
    Emmy
    xxx :) *So so glad to be back*

12. Sionnach

Sionnach Member

Ok, guess it's time to talk about myself.... although a few of you know me already. I dissapeared ages ago, but am back with a new name! I used to be Psiwave!!! Anyway, to cut to the chase, I am a pagan living in Leicestershire. I am a budding metalhead and like computers abnd silly little board games to pass the time.

Oh, and I think Peace-Phoenix is gonna make me do another Hip Brother.

In terms of physical discription you can see my photo. Anything else you wanna know about me, your gonna have to ask:)
    [​IMG]

Peace all!;)
    P.s, this avatar your all using. <-----, I made it and your all thieves, lol:p

13. SamuraiSeahorse

SamuraiSeahorse Member

Hi, you all know me. Im a fish with a sword. I like to argue about Vegetarianism and am a fixture of every forum related to animal rights usually standing valiantly fighting my lonely corner. I like to argue my case until MY NAME ends the argument. Mwa HAHA! :)

IM a pagan from leicestershire, 19 years old la did da, I am an artist and u can seem my work on me website la did da, Im going out with the aforeseen Sionnach.
    Lucky me!!!!!!!! :)

14. CacklingDragon

CacklingDragon Member

hey all,

hmmm, stuff about me... well, i've been coming here on and off for a couple years, it's wildly comforting to know there are so many like-minded people out there (and ya get a good argument in here usually too, heehee)

i'm canadian but i've been living in scotland for 8 years now so i'm a bit culturally skewed but the experience has been great... am on night shift so had better go kid on i'm working

- blessed be

Sunstream

15. Sian

Sian Member

hello not been here in absolutely ages...my name is Sian, used to be Sianymaster on here but well...im not anymore. not much to say about me really

im in my third year of lampeter uni with hippygirl and spyder (sorry can't remember how you spell it)

er...sorry can't think of anything to say today

16. Man_In_A_Shed

Man_In_A_Shed Member

Dam, thats my plan out the window.

ilikefences@hotmail.com

Bring down all slug flickers!

17. flowerchild17

flowerchild17 I practice safe sax.

Well I'm Sarah... I'm 14, I'm one of the only Americans that hangs about here I bet. I live in Wisconsin, right next to the Miller Brewry! Awful smell really... Can't wait to get outta here...

I'm a little bit of a everything, I'm not exaclty what you could call a shy or soft spoken person. I play music of all kinds, with sax being my first passion, but also love playing bass, drums, keyboards, and a little bit of guitar. I have a great band called The Dream Police (Sal calls the band "Sarah's Bitches":p ) and we've been playing around a lot. I write the songs we us, I'm the leader, and it's just fantastic. I'll be sure to get you all tickets when we start off our world tour in London!!! ;)

I do write a lot... mainly songs, though. I've written a few stories, but I think with my sense of rhythm I'm much more inclined to write poetry in prose and stanzas that can be put into some sort of song. I've published a few of my songs and one of my short stories, and I'm working on making a cd with my band. Not to demo or anything, just so I can enjoy it when I can't play it, and so I can go up to all my friends and go "hey look I made a cd I'm gonna be famous HAHAHAH!!!!!!"

As for LISTENING to music, Led Zeppelin (Led Zeppelin 2 is blasting while we speak) is one of the greatest inspirations I've ever had. I love most 60's and 70's, but have also gotten into some bands like Nirvana and Coldplay... and some Sublime.

Personality wise... I'm loud, obnoxious... but I dont regard that as a bad thing. I love being on stage and being in the spotlight, but I think that just goes with being a sax player. Ask ANY sax player and they'll tell you the first rule of success in our world is to be loud, and arrogant. It's our rule. But I love reading poetry in quiet coffee houses and I love playing with just a guitar or bass or keyboard in cafés and such. It's my life, really, being the center of attention and music... Oh and the forums. I love it here, been around for about 2 years now.

Here's an interesting picture of me I took last night in my room... excuse the mess and my bent glasses... but that's pretty much me

MSN: sarahsaxqueen@ivillage.com

EMAIL: i_practice_safe_sax_17@yahoo.com (Edit: That's debatable - Peace Phoenix)

18. angelgodiva

angelgodiva Senior Member

angelgodiva here--I am from the old forums, another American who was made an honorary UK forum member. I am half Native American (Sioux/Blackfoot) and my mom is mostly Irish with a splash of Welsh.
    This is all so confusing, but I am doing my best to make sense of it all.
    I spend a lot of time in the Old Hippies Forum, I visit Random Thoughts often, and I have a personal forum (THE KITCHEN TABLE) which is not available at the moment but will be soon. I invite you all to visit me there when it comes back...until then, feel free to visit Angel's Place offsite, where the Kitchen Table folks are meeting at the moment.
    Peace to all, my old friends and the new folks too!
    I am glad to see you, Sarah!

Kitchen Table "annex":
    http://www.johndenverfans.bbwpalace...php?f=18&sid=388aebddaeb0cc7d8bcf358678ff0355

19. Mintaoism

Mintaoism Member

hello. Just breifly to say hi and wlecome to me. I am very welcoming especially to other peoples forums and threads. your going to have loads of fun having me around. I'm crazy! well not really just melo-dramatic... whatever the hell that means. treat me well and you will get honey. fuck me around and this teddy bear is going to get grizzly.

I live in scotland! hello down there in wales,england and most of ireland!

just terrible about the eurovision song contest no?

LOVE ME!

moo.

20. Midsummersun

Midsummersun Member

Hi I'm Midsummersun, previously... Midsummersun. It took me all the years of the last forum set-up to reach 300 posts, so I might not be a full member for quite a while. Dagnammit.

I currently live in the worst area of Belfast, although many neighbourhoods try to claim that honour, where I study Social Anthropology, which has transformed my life. I see the world in a whole different way now.