New UK Forum: Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Peace-Phoenix, May 9, 2004.

1. random_spontaneosity

random_spontaneosity Member

heylo! *waves*, im random_spontaneosity, otherwise known as becki.

i am a student, that word is a great word, makes me feel intelligent, i study maths, further maths, physics and music technology, i must be intelligent. hehe :)

i play millions of musical instruments, well bass guitar, keyboards, and violin.

i love music, never will you catch me without a song going round and round my head. i never get bored.

i love the colour orange, what relevance that has i dont know, just thought id tell you.

hmm, right now im pretty full of m&ms coz i just went and saw, wait, ill get it right..... eternal sunshine of a spotless mind. is that rght? ive been trying to remember it all evening.

either way, im so glad the forums are back and i dont care if it takes me 3 times as long to do all teh stuff i usually do on here and that its going to take me a few weeks to get everything understood in my head, i just want know whats going on etc.

and whats weird is i joined back in may 2003, and ive just joined again in may 2004. haha. ok, im over it.

msn- gothgirly666@hotmail.com

BECKI

2. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

SAL...WHAT have you been doing to make the thread sticky?...

OK...I'm Erykah...formerly known as RainbowGurlie. :)

I'm 15, (16 soon :D) live in Loughborough (shithole) and I'm way too dirty minded for my own good :p

I'm going out with someone else off the forums (Beautiful_day) but he's not here at the moment because he's fucked off to Spain. Grr. I'm married to Borut (so he can get UK citizenship) and my mate Adam (because we were bored in RE).

I'm just finishing my GCSEs (aaaaaargh fucking things) and I have an exam on Friday :O

I play the flute (no band camp jokes), and a bit of piano and even less of the guitar :p

I like art and drama - even though I'm not that good at either of them. I have a bizarre obsession with musicals - Rocky Horror, Rent, Les Miserables, Moulin Rouge, Hedwig & the Angry Inch, etc etc :p

I'm going to Glastonbury and Beautiful Days so should see most of you lovely people there (my birthday's at Glasto...I want huggles :p)

When I get a decent picture I'll post it but the only one I have at the moment is me at prom looking drunk :p

3. butterfly

butterfly Member

tis me, butterfly, formerly butterfly_girlie, formally annoying every member with 'butterfly' in their names.

Erm, I'm 17, from the north west of england, first joined the forums in april 2002, etc etc. Can't post a picture because no more hip galleries :(

4. stardust

stardust Banned

hey, i'm stardust, formally known as stardust22. im not all that new anymore, though i dont know alot of people aswell as i would like to. i've met quite a few of you now, and all i can say is how much i love you all!!!

i cant think of alot to say right now.

msn is psychedelicvdub782@hotmail.com

would love to get to know some of you a bit more.

peace and love
    stardust
    xxx

5. jaycee

jaycee Member

hey tis Jaycee here,

fairly new to the forum....although now atfer my second meet up with some of you guys it doesnt have that starnge new feel to it anymore (if that makes sense)
    anyhow i currently (physically) reside in cambridge, mentally some would say im elsewhere, but that is for you to decide.
    look forward to getting o know all of you truely inspirational people

love and peace....oh and keep smiling
    jx

jonathancooley83@hotmail.com

6. Rover-Lass

Rover-Lass Member

Hey y'all

I'm Rover-Lass and have been round here a long time, although I'm not quite as active as these other dudes round here. I'm a mad Levellers fan, and through them have bee introduced to hippy-dom. I play folk violin in open mic nights around Manchester. I love folk music (mainly modern folk, though), and rock and indie such as Beck, Yo La Tengo, Gomez, Queens of the Stone age...etc I even like a bit of metal. I'm studying English language and Literature at the University of Manchester and want to write full time. I've had a few things published, namely a few interviews with folk violinists, a serialised novel through several months of magazines and the odd poems. I've recently formed a creative writing society at uni. I'm an active member of Amnesty International and love festivals (will be at Glasters and Cambridge this year) and gigs. I'm also learnign poi but I';m rubbish, and can make hempo jewellery.

7. Summertime

Summertime Member

I'm Summer, I was 17 last week and I'm currently stressing over my AS exams that are approaching (French, Spanish, English Language and History.) Grrr at the person who thought up exams. Anyways, nicer things, I love music, mainly 60s stuff. Favourite band is tied between the Beatles and Pink Floyd depending on my mood, but I am also a big fan of Janis Joplin, Bob Dylan, Jack Johnson, Sublime, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Cream, etc etc. Favourite movies...hmmm...lots, but recently watched Amélie which I loved 'cause I like most things French. hehe. I love languages, and am hoping to study French and Italian at university. Erm....other things.....love animals, especially seals, am vegetarian and like all things happy, peaceful, loving, environmentally friendly etc. :) Can play guitar and piano.....Can't think of anything else....Also liking the ability to write in pink :) Summer. xx.

8. cat

cat Member

Hi, I'm Cat, I'm 19, I live just outside Glasgow. I work for the Inland Revenue (yeah, I know.) and I also work in Jessop's as well. I didn't really post in this forum before but I think maybe I'll start. See you all around hopefully.....

9. torz

torz Member

hiya all,

my name is Victoria (thats the first time i've actually told anyone not in my immediate family my real name) but everyone calls me Torz as some of you will remember.

i turned 20 in march, im from sunny Sheffield in South Yorkshire & i have a b/f called Dave from Doncaster who i have been lovingly aquainted with for just over 3 years. i work as a full time piercer & trainee tattooist which is really fun, i also do part time work for a fabrication company.

i'm a very out going person & consider myself open minded, i'm very intent on living life to the fullest, come on you only get one chance at it!

i'm just getting into politics, never really liked politics due to lack of understanding but realised that politics affects everything in my life wheather i like it or not & because of this i like to have my say & a clear understanding. i'm very much in the middle at the moment & dont support any particular party or movement.

i am a strong believer that all living things are equal & deserve much respect to live a full & happy life. i love the environment & would do anything to preserve & help nurture all that the natural world has left.

i cant say that i lable myself as been a hippie, i do consider myself as been a free-spirit but if i have to give myself a lable i'd rather it be 'an individual' as we all are. i'm in no way a follower of fashion as i have an individual style to go with my individual personality although i cant say that i dont buy designer lables because i do.

i'm not going to start listing all the music & movies that i like as there are far too many styles of music from many era's that i love & far too many styles of movies that i enjoy watching.

i absolutley love animals, i have a dog called pepper (well she's really my mum's,) but i used to have a dog called sash (she's a pittbull) but unfortunatley we had to give her to a friend as our cercumstances changed & i wanted her to have the happiest life possible. i do have a cat tho, he's called filo.

i'm starting to learn & matture alot more through the use of drugs (mainly xtc) and smoke pot quite regular, i love going to festivals & i'm always up for a laugh.

anyway, cant think of anything else i want to say & i'm sure that anyone that dosent know me from the forums already will soon get to know me.

Torz

10. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

Hello ... well one advantage of the new forum is that I've been able to re-register and use my own name. I registered before as "Messyeater" because of my appalling eating habits and instantly wished I hadn't

Anyway I'm 36, single, live in East London, make websites for people as a way of earning a crust and am waiting to be accepted for university to do a degree in social work.

UPDATE: I got into Uni and am now doing a degree in social work

Anyway this is a recent me.
    [​IMG]

And this is a recent one of my 'other' home:

[​IMG]

Hello everyone

11. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

Here we go again.......

My name's Stu. I'd like to admit I have a prob..... ummm..... wrong group. Ooops!

I live in Glastonbury (as punishment for my sins). I'm allegedly a business broadband support engineer. Harumph. I've been veggie for more years than I have fingers. I live with my girlfriend (Earthwhirler to you) and we've been together for over six years. In my free time I like to build, break and fix computers. I also visit a lot of old stone things (circles, castles, abbeys.....), take photographs of them, and post them on my website, over at http://www.hearthside.co.uk

Hmmmm. That's about it, really. If you're really mind-numbingly bored, I can sometimes be reached either via email or messenger at doktoratomik@hotmail .com

Over and out.

[​IMG]

12. Mercy

Mercy Member

Hey again everyone! I turn my back for two seconds and look whats happened! I was so close to 2000 posts and now I'm back to zero! Ah well.
    As I'm sure you can all guess, I used to MissMercy, now just Mercy. I'm either know as Mercy or Rosie, pick your own preference. I am very passionate about music, especially stuff like Bob Dylan, Counting Crows, Ryan Adams etc. I play guitar and sing too.
    I'm taking my GCSEs this summer, hoping to go onto study Graphic Design next year. I'm not a big fan of school though, so lets not talk about that.
    I don't know many of the newer forumers, but I hope to soon!
    Plus, I'm hoping all the old forumers will join my in a plea to get Kelse back posting, especially with the forum's new look.
    Ok, I think thats about it. I'm no good at technical stuff, so no picture, but thats probably best for everyone :p
    My msn address is ohmercyme@hotmail.com. Add me, but make sure u tell me who u are, or I'll get confused!
    Speak to you all soon!
    xxxxxx

13. Hippie_Girl

Hippie_Girl Innit!

Hello there one and all :)

Hope all is grand :)

any of you all know me by now seeing I have been a member for agggggggggggggggges :)

I am currently finishing off my degree at Lampter university in West Wales (yup with Spyder).

I guess there isn't much to say but... Here is my e-mail address....

hippygirlie@hotmail.com

Add away and I hope to speak to you soon.

Toodley do!

14. Jennyflower

Jennyflower Member

hello, jennyflower here. i never really used to post much in the u.k. forum b4 but i think its time for a fresh start, so here i am! love to you all...

15. Merlin

Merlin Member

I'm Merlin, good old Merlin. Erm, I'd say I'm very much into mind expansion and, the mechanism of things within the universe, I'm very much into the psychedelia aspect of new age/hippy culture whatever you want to call it. I am also by and large a pacifist, but there are some aspects generally associated with hippy/new age culture which I don't follow. These include vegetarian/organic foods, horoscopes/tarot card reading and drug taking, which I have stopped altogether at the moment, although I can't rule out a return to the consumption of hallucinogenic mushrooms!!

I enjoy music and art a great deal. I mainly listen to early Pink Floyd, Syd Barret, Donovan, Incredible String Band and I also like The Beatles, Nirvana, (later) Red Hot Chili Peppers, Coldplay, Placebo. I like some new age music, a bit of Celtic music, and some psychedelic electronica. I also really like psychedelic/new age/celtic art, and some of my favourite works of art include a picture of stonehenge at sunset, a surreal cyclone of multi-coloured spheres and a map of Middle Earth. I really like fantasy adventure movies, such as Merlin (see where the username came from?) and Lord Of The Rings.

More on me later I'm going to have my dinner now! :p

16. SunshineLily

SunshineLily Member

Hellooow, I'm Sunshine Lily or Sunny... And my email address is sunbeam17flowerdonwobongaland@hotmail.com

Urr, I live around Winchester, London, and Devon at the moment. So it's all pretty nice... [​IMG]
    Umm, that's me :eek:
    Love, Joy, HOpe, Peace, Health, Freedom and Trust... Always
    - Sun Lily
    xxx

17. Lozi

Lozi Senior Member

right, ah, aloha!! i go by the name of LOZI and i am a girl, hurrah! I love this font and i don't need men! :) ...but i'm not a feminist or a man hater....i have friends that are though...silly beans:rolleyes:!

i also like the colour green, for it is worthy.:D ...oh and i also like lord of the rings and rock/jazz/classical music. some of the time. other times i just like birdsong.

pink_flourescent_bargepoles_eating_vegetable_people@msn.com

uh the pictures i added are sort of a year old i haven't had my picture taken for a long long time! *phew* but yes, that it basically what i look like, except my hair is 'mulberry' now.

18. dhARmaMiLlO

dhARmaMiLlO Member

whoah? whe? wuh? <staggers about> wass? <attempts to orientate himself> wassgoinon???! <reels from shouting fonts and colours> help!!?! i can't cope!!
    what happened to my zen-tastic forums man? <whirls about and falls over>

19. Hippy_Smurf

Hippy_Smurf Member

17/F/5'6" seeks M/F 17-20 w GSOH for NSA fun&frolicks...:p

Sal, this feels too much like a classified ad for my liking!

Anyway. I'm Lauren, I'm 17 and I live in sunny Donny. I'm currently studying English Literature, German, Sociology and ICT at AS level. I want to study English Lit at uni and then go on to take post grad in Journalism and hopefull get a good job! *fingers crossed*

I play cello and bass guitar and I live for music (mostly indie and rock). You're most likely to find me sitting on my bed with my head in a book, sitting here at my computer or being involved in some form of music group. I'm in a band called The Simple Things but we've not been very active of late.

I'd like to think I'm quite free-spirited. I don't like to follow the trend, but I don't make a deliberate effort to be a 'rebel' or an 'anarchist'. I just think what I think and do what I do, for whatever reasons.

I'm hoping to be as much a part of the new forums as I was the old (yes, I'm addicted). I've been around for about two years and I'm not planning on going anywhere!

hippy_smurf@hotmail.com is my e-mail address, and there are a couple of piccies below (or at least there should be)...

I sound so so boring and so typical. Nay mind!

:) Over and out.

20. PinkMoon

PinkMoon Senior Member

erm, i hate doing these things so im afraid it will be short..
    im kat and im 18 and im from dorset.. photos are here- http://community.webshots.com/user/katz86 and http://community.webshots.com/user/splatz

I'm not sure what type of music i like, indie i guess although that is a bit vague and i sometimes branch out into other bits of music..
    I like playing instruments especially my violin and newly acquired peruvian mountain flute.
    I have msn messenger : minnietheminx86@hotmail.com
    ive been on the forums too long, im not sure how many years maybe someone else can help me narrow it down...i was once an addict but recently havn't been on much but will try and post more after all my exams are over.
    exams.. im just diong my alvels in german history and maths and then after that i dont know..
    i've been offered a place at ucl to do european studies (providigni get really high grades) but i'm still not sure it's right for me so i may take a year out to decide what i want to do... im very unsure and undecided about many a thing right now but i guess all i need is time to make my mind up..
    may edit this later:)
    kat (formally katz86)