New UK Forum: Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Peace-Phoenix, May 9, 2004.

1. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Well this is a confusing time for us all. We've been uprooted from our home of many years and thrown headfirst, some of us kicking, some of us screaming, some of us doing rather unspeakable things, into a whole new environment, full of flashing lights and wierd gadgets (see unspeakable things!) There are probably some new members about too, and others of us who have changed their names, and I think it's time for us all to introduce ourselves once more.

Please post once, and once only in this thread. In your post, please take a little time to write a tiny bit about yourself, maybe include a picture if you have one, and please include your MSN address if you can. This thread will also serve as the new MSN Index. Once you've posted, I shall add your MSN address to the list below. Have fun!

PS. Please do not post more than once in this thread. This should make it easier for new members to see who everyone is without it all becoming too confusing....

UK Forum MSN Index:

Peace-Phoenix: hippy_waster@hotmail.com
    Ellie-Rose: Fluffy_bunnies_in_my_back_garden@hotmail.com
    Graham: frogs_say_moo@hotmail.com
    Claire: claire@haightashbury.zzn.com
    StarFly: southernjessi22@hotmail.com
    Spyder: porcelina_ofthe_vastoceans@hotmail.com
    Boog: pukeeater10@hotmail.com
    Chickabean: i_wish_i_was_a_munky@hotmail.com
    PeopleAreStrange: stytchesbleed@hotmail.com
    Kier: kier_here@hotmail.com
    MiaBubble: manukin@hotmail.com
    Dandelion_Blood: freethinkersarentdangerous@hotmail.com
    Josie: josie_66_6@hotmail.com
    Moominmamma: peter.clarke42@ntlworld.com
    Xiola: emma_307@hotmail.com
    Rainbowdew: rainbowdew_3@hotmail.com
    Enonemouse: mouseshouse_2002@hotmail.com
    Boru16: fairiesaredancingaroundthetree@hotmail.com
    Random_Spontaneosity: gothygirl666@hotmail.com
    Alomiakoda: rainbowhippiegurl@yahoo.co.uk
    Stardust: psychedelicvdub782@hotmail.com
    Jaycee: jonathancooley83@hotmail.com
    Summertime: ilovewaynesworld@hotmail.com
    DoktorAtomik: doktoratomik@hotmail.com
    Mercy: ohmercyme@hotmail.com
    Hippy_Girl: hippygirlie@hotmail.com
    Merlin: merlinpete@hotmail.com
    SunshineLily: sunbeam17flowerdonwobongaland@hotmail.com
    Lozi: pink_flourescent_bargepoles_eating_vegetable_people@msn.com
    Dharmamillo: itskevhere@hotmail.com
    Hippy_Smurf: hippy_smurf@hotmail.com
    PinkMoon: minnietheminx86@hotmail.com
    Jim: sixtiesfreakout@hotmail.com
    Showmet: showmetheroof@hotmail.com
    Tulip: queenbone@hotmail.com
    ChiefCowpie: chief_Shoveler@hotmail.com
    Ginge: wonderlands7@earthlink.net
    Greasytuesday: greasytuesday@hotmail.com
    Zopilote: bigyellowtaxidermist@hotmail.com
    Maon: gilesmcpherson@hotmail.com
    SamauraiSeahorse: faycifer@hotmail.com
    Flowerchild17: sarahsaxqueen@hotmail.com
    Joss_Stick: sonjaglass@hotmail.com
    Jaz_Delorean: jaz@progrock.com

2. Ellie-Rose

Ellie-Rose Le Muppet

3. Graham

Graham Member

Bonjour people of hippy land.

This is Graham signing on from the industrial waste lands of Sheffield. graham_mateer@hotmail.com

Doing philosophy and ethics, ICT, Geography and Business Studies for my first year at sixth form.

Brown and Green are the coolest colours!

[​IMG]

4. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Claire here... formerly Clairex, yaya, i got rid of the x!:D

been here since July 2003:&

check out my forum UK Parties and Protests:H

5. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

I'm Peace-Phoenix, though most of you probably know me by now as Sal. I've been around these forums for the past three years and have found a lovely home amongst the amazing people here in the UK community.

I'm a writer and a student. I'm currently taking a gap year before heading off to Cambridge University in October. Getting into there was one of my life goals. Another is to make a difference in this world, especially through my writing. I love to write poetry and prose. I've had a few poems published and am currently working on a satirical novel, although at present I seem to have a little writer's block.

Politically I'm very left-wing. I'm broadly pacifistic, and believe in equality for all peoples on this planet. I'm strongly opposed to the evils of capitalism and the encroaching menace of global corporations that are threatening all life on this planet. I'm a strong believer in human rights, universal freedoms, environmentalism and respect for our earth and all things on it.

I wouldn't say that I am opposed to social labelling as such, in terms of movements and consciousness and ideology, rather fashion labels. Although I'm resistant to those who would claim to be hippies on the basis of the clothes they wear, broadly I feel comfortable being described as one based on ideology. Largely though, I feel that such things do not matter so much as the goals we all strive for. A hippy by any other name would smell just as unwashed!

Musically I love a lot of 60's and 70's bands such as the Beatles, Pink Floyd and the Byrds as well as more modern artists such as Badly Drawn Boy, the Jeevas. My favourite band, live or on CD, though, would have the be the Levellers! Nothing beats them!

I love travelling. Going to festivals, demonstrations, gatherings, camps and the like. I don't, as such, see myself as a free spirit. There is much that still binds me to the material world, especially the establishment of my academic life. But I do not see this as a hinderance, rather an enrichment of ideas which I hope to use to set me free, and to help set the world free!

MSN: hippy_waster@hotmail.com

Picture:

[​IMG]

6. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

Hello I'm Faby from London :p

I've seen many of you around the old forums!!!
    great to be back !!!
    :D

7. Spyder

Spyder La dah de dah

Hey

im Spyder formally ecowarrior_spider!

i've been on here for a good few years now, im getting used to this new hooole!

im from lampeter in west wales doing a degree in philosophy!

i stoped posting here for a while, so there are probally a load of people that dont know me!

i'd also like to appologise to certain people that i havent been overly nice too!

sorry! please forgive me uk forum i wanna come back!!!!!!!!1

oh and ellie please dont threaten me with tony the tiger!

ohh yeah, and my interests are dandy in general!

Anyyyyway, no-one is gonna read this reeeally but never mind

oh
    yea
    my email is porcelina_ofthe_vastoceans@hotmail.com
    im male, 19 years of age...

umm that sounds like a sleezy dating video! im not tho, ok digging hole...la la la

i like french movies, black and white photography, poetry, music and art!

huzzah!

8. boog

boog A square peg

Hi all i was booga for a short while on the old one. but hardly got access. but now im all new and improved and missing an A.
    I like meeting new and unussual people. and am keen to sleep on other peoples floors :). its a hobby of mine.
    i spin fire poi and have a fixation on anything that glows in the dark.
    if i can find a piccie of me ill put one up
    if ya wanna yabber at me through msn im at
    pukeeater10@hotmail.com

yes i know its vile but theres a reason for that :)

9. chickabean

chickabean Senior Member

hello there :) im luchi...

errrmm...

*music* i love the flaming lips,muse,switchfoot,yfriday,pink floyd,old old old skool beautiful south (ahem!), tankus the henge (of course :) ), massive attack (very very muchly so, in fact may go so far as to say they be me favourite) blah blahhhh..

*films* requiem for a dream, the return to oz, amelie, the wedding singer (teehee), labyrinth, mulholland drive (altho it hurst my brain), eternal sunshine of the spotless mind is quite good also, but at the same time really really rubbish

*stuff* i love art, particulary sculpture and clothes making...im goin to study fashion design with contour fashion at de montfort in september! woohooooo...leaving smelly london behind, yay! but also lots of friends, boo :(
    i live with 2 mates, moved out at 16 (from cornwall to london) havent really got the parent thing goin on so i would say im a bit of a freespirit/wanderer but loving it...
    my house is always available for parties/gatherings/crashing at when london stuff is gwanin...
    im in love with a pirate called jaz who should hopefully join the new forums soonly...me hopes so. he rocks....he introduced me to the first forums...but yahhhhhhh. that is all. oh yeh, i love colour and lots of it, particular clashin and preferably in my hair...

love luchi xxxxxx

how do i get a pic on here by the way??

10. PeopleAreStrange

PeopleAreStrange Member

Well my real name is Daron and imeinterested in music, animnal rights and vegetarianism.

I enjoy listening to music...my favourite bands are...
    *Nirvana*The Cure*the doors*beatles*Lennon*Jefferson Airplane*The Smiths*Led Zeppelin*The Sex Pistols*Ramones*The Sisters of Mercy*The Mission*The Velvet Underground....not in any perticular order.

I enjoy playing instruments...Bass, Guitar, Drums.

If you wanan chat You can catch me at stytchesbleed@hotmail.com

Peace and Love xx Daron

11. kier

kier I R Baboon

Huzzah people!!!!
    Righty, I'm Kieran, or Kier for short.
    I'm 18, and at my local college studying maths, bio & geog
    I'm hoping to go to cornwal and study renewable energy
    I live in west Kent, near Tunbridge Wells
    I have a few passions in life, including friends and music
    If anyone of you want to talk:
    I play guitar, and do a bit of art, though wish to do more
    [​IMG]

12. miabubble

miabubble Member

I guess I should do one of these.. even though I hate them.

I'm Mia... most of you know me as Mia even though I was hopelessromantic back in the day of the good old forums... I am 16 years old, I live in Edinburgh, and am moving to Wales in a few months. I love Music, Peace, Photography, and the Classics.

Music: Some call me an emo kid (hehehehehe) I like the music...
    *plug*Biffy Clyro*plug* are the best band ever, everyone should check them out. I go to gigs obsessively and a lot... :rolleyes: but that's just me.

Peace: you know that its like. Most of you are the same. Peace=Love and smiles and huggles :)

Photography: I'm crap at taking them, but I love developing them!

Classics: is my passion. Give me something 2000 years old and i'll be happy for days. Beautiful literature, beautiful architecture, beautiful art... just beautiful and amazing and so old! :D

I am a hopeless romantic, hence my old name, at the moment i'm missing my significant other, who live miles and miles away near Cambridge :(
    but its ok, because when we do see each other, its amazing :)

I love cuteness and cuddliness but I can be rather shy sometimes

I can't wait to meet and get to know even more of you amazing people.. all my love, peace and trust,

MSN: manunkin@hotmail.com
    Picture:

[​IMG]

mia xxx

13. Dandelion_Blood

Dandelion_Blood Gremlin

Hey.... My name is..... D a n d y.... got that?

I am... here every night of the week, one of the many artists of the forums...
    i am at collegegegegege..

i
    am
    incredibly happy right now

my interests aare art, certain types of arachnid .. well i say certain i mean one in particular...

so i will see you guys around and about the forums

*wavies*
    ooh and my favourite colour is blue..

and das ist mee

MSN: freethinkersarentdangerous@hotmail.com

[​IMG]

14. JOsie

JOsie Member

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...

MSN : JOsie_66_6@hotmail.com

15. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

Hi I'm Moominmamma, married to Moominpappa. We can both be found from time to time in this forum, although MMPP is more of a wanderer and mainly lives in the Big Green Field (should it ever return to this time and dimension)

What else, well as you know we have three children, Dave, Tim and Hamish , and still live in Norwich, any UK forumers passing this way are always welcome to visit.

I do sometimes do the MSN thing, although if you do talk to me, bear in mind I sometimes get in terrible muddles trying to talk to more than one person at once.

MSN address peter.clarke42@ntlworld.com

16. Xiola

Xiola One Lonely Seagull

I'm Emma, I am 17 years old and live in a place called Preston.
    I'm currently doing my A Levels; Literature, Business, Health & Social Care and General Studies. I'm not really much of a fan of college though.
    I am rather obsessed with Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Jane's Addiction and Elliott Smith.
    I also like to go rock climbing.
    Add me on MSN if you want one_lonely_seagull@hotmail.com

17. jonathan_s

jonathan_s Member

riteo here goes nothing well helloo there my name is jonathan i have no interests well none that interest any of you :p so yeh thats pretty much me

oh yeh and i live up in the north-east in a small village called cassop which is in durham so thats it b`byeeee

18. rainbow dew

rainbow dew Member

im nomy, aka rainbow dew.

im 19 and live in edinburgh, have been on the forums for well...lets just say a loooong time now! my interests include buddhist(kagyu tradition for those in the know!!;) ), horses-i have 2 miniture shetland who are my soul mates...-, crystal healing and alternitive methods of healing. i work in a herbalist at the weekends and i am studying philosophy and celtic civilisation in first year at uni..... not much else to say right now... the msn is- rainbowdew_3@hotmail.com

will try and put a pic up here.....
    [​IMG]

namaste
    x x x

19. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Happy Wanderer

I am married to a British soldier but I am Canadian. I have lived in the UK for the past 10+ years. I currently live in Suffolk but I am returning to Canada soon. I have three kids. Tyler (19) Derek (10) and Justin (8). I also have two dogs. Blue Roan English Cocker Spaniels one boy & one girl. Here's the sad part their names are Samson & Delilah.

I hang out here and some of the personal forums once they are back. I will stick to this site until then as I don't want to jump from new to old all the time knowing full well the old ones will be going the way the rest have.

Not much else to tell!

Love & Laughter
    Enonemouse

Edit: mouseshouse_2002@hotmail.com

Also the picture is of my boys not me but I guess you will have figured that out!!!!

EDIT: Well it is the 12th of August and I will be leaving you fine people here in the UK soon. I will continue to drop in and see how you all are doing. My boxes have gone with the removers and am waiting on an Army flight. Earliest is the 19th now. Wish I could have met a few more of you before I left but the few I did meet where awsome. I will remember behind the church forever I am sure Sal. ;) ;) ;) ;) Love & Luck EnonEmouse

EDIT AGAIN:
    Well I have been in Canada nearly 6 months now. I am starting to get settled and the house is coming along slowly. Miss you all and hope to get to meet a few more of you as I have hear a few of you finepeople are makin the trip to my side of the pond. Anyone coming this ways has always but a place to sleep even if it is on a blow up bed in my front room or a tent in my backyard you are welcome anytime.

Love & Canada
    EnonEmouse

20. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Well, since I've started posting here, too(i hope none of you mind!), I thought I'd reply to that thread.
    I'm Borut, I'm 14*turning 15* and I'm from Slovenia. (that's a country just near Italy; I live almost on the border line) I was invited to UK Forum by Erykah.
    Well, I've got a passion for Englad and English language and English poetry. I want to study English language one day and move to UK.
    I found these forums great to improve my language skills while having lots lots of fun and making new friendships, I've also learnt a lot. First joined forums in 2002! WOW! That's quite some time.
    I'm also member of allpoetry and oldpoetry page. Hmm, I love poetry, can't write too good, though.
    I want to change the world and I'm going to volunteer for people who're living worse life than I do, when I'm old enough.
    When I'm older, I want to be a teacher and change a bit of the world through that, as well.
    My favourite bands are: The Beatles, Rage Against The Machine and The Cranberries.
    Some people might call me a hippy, but I don't think I would be one, don't want either, just love people on these forums.:)
    That's all I can remember for now.
    My MSN: fairiesaredancingaroundthetree@hotmail.com
    Love,
    Borut