New to Salvia, need some pointers

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by Plenco, May 20, 2004.

1. Plenco

Plenco Member

Hello all,

Went to the local shop last night after researching Salvia for about 2 weeks. Went out and bought a water pipe and a Space sounds CD. Wanting to travel to place only our minds can take us. Got home and got comfortable. Turned on my red light flipped on my CD. Loaded a bowl and took an huge hit. Then something happend I didnt think would, I threw up, yes I am a wimp. Went immediatly back to the pipe and took 2 more hits but not as deep and hard. I felt like I was floating, like hands were trying to push me towards the celing. I then started spinng and made my way to the bed. It felt like My body was in warp speed it felt really weird. Then the feeling quickly dissapered and everything was normal. Lasted only 2 minutes. GOt back on the floor wanting to go deeper but my lungs wouldn;t let me. Tried to take some big hits but all I could do is cough. Do you guys have any suggestion on how I could get myself into the deep trance state? If I took like 5 or 6 medium hits would I get the same effect as 2-3 deep hits? I need your help. That 2 minute feeling I had was like no other. Please help my brothers and sister!!:)

Thank you

2. redgreenvines

redgreenvines Member

I see,
    try again when your lungs are ready. (tomorrow)
    let the 2 minutes satisfy.
    it may extend to 6 minutes.
    you will come to admire that length of effect.
    you could go there ~3 or 4 times in a night
    but the first is always most impressive.
    I am back to once every 3 days.
    life is busy.

3. Plenco

Plenco Member

It was my first time. I will keep trying. How many hits should I take with the 10x? 15X? 20x? Thank you very much REDGREENVINES for the input. I appreciate it greatly!!

4. ForestNymphe

ForestNymphe Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hello Plenco, and welcome to the forum. I have yet to smoke extract as of yet but from I have seen and read, it should not take you more than 2-3 hits to have a good experience.

5. Plenco

Plenco Member

See that is my only problem. I have wimpy lungs and I can't take a SUPER big hit. Would it work the same if I took say 5-6 smaller hits in sucsession? Thank you Forest

6. redgreenvines

redgreenvines Member

for weak lungs
    you might want 25x - one small hit - hold long as possible. I have used 10x mostly one hit.
    practice yoga breathing when you have a chance to build your health.
    it has to all arrive at the brain at pretty much the same time for a strong effect.

7. ashleigh_mae

ashleigh_mae Member

it seems like you are trying too hard and having really big expectations going into this. i think you should just try to hold in as much as you can. obviously you know your limit so dont go over that. maybe take little hits... as many as you can within three minutes or less. assuming that you have 10x. i havent tried any other strenghts. also, don't go to salvia for a high with really big expectations. she'll show you what she wants to show you. let her do all of the work.
    have fun.

8. ~piscean]-[delusions

~piscean]-[delusions Member

The first time I tried salvia, I had 10x extract. I loaded a bowl in the same manner I would for smoking pot, straight salvia, packed to the rim. I took a pretty hefty hit the first time, not knowing what to expect, and it seemed to me that it didn't hurt the lungs as bad as a big bong hit would make me cough. My first impressions were that I got ripped off. Then I blazed another hit, and I realized my first impressions were wrong. I felt my equlilbrium getting askew, and then I don't know what happened for about two minutes other than a boatload of information from past, present and future speeding past me as I spun in a circular motion in that same place I've been tripping super hard on lsd or in a ketamine induced out of body experience. There were profound visions. When I could actually see my real surroundings again, about 4 minutes had passed, and for another minute or so I had a hard time realizing that the street outside my apartment wasn't working it's way inside, meanwhile I'm yelling at my front door that the furniture was part of the apartment because I was watching my whole living room "drain" out the door. Craziness... And yes, the first time away was better than the next two times I left during that sitting... So I put it away for about a week until one of my old girlfriends showed up, one of the only girls I knew who would try something like that with me, so we did, and she had similar experiences with equal doses. I also had a friend come over one time to tell me what was happening because the first time I was by myself, and the second time my ex and I did at the same time, so I didn't have supervison until the third time really, and he said I was talking a bunch of jibberish, too fast for him to understand, and that when I was sitting in the couch I spun around in a circle which would explain the rotation I was seeing visually in my mind... The rotation seems to always be present for me, I always feel like I'm spinning, probably because I am spun. Ayauhuasha is next on my list.

9. redgreenvines

redgreenvines Member