New To Germany , And Europe As Well. Some Questions

Discussion in 'Germany' started by rubberloverhk, Sep 6, 2017.

1. rubberloverhk

rubberloverhk Guest

hello. I am new to Germany, and Europe as well. In fact, I need to go to German to buy something and take a look of the country at the same time. I have some questions.

1.What is the average price of accommodation in Germany? I know things in Germany is high so I am looking for better prices.

2.When I travel out of Europe (I'm from Asia). Can I get everything VAT revived at the German custom?

3. Should I pay cash or credit card? In fact, I don't want to bring a lot of cash but in case
    cash is the only option, Because I think using ATM in Germany with my Asia bank for cash would be expensive.... isn't it?

3.I will want to go to Dortmund, what I can see or travel around Dortmund?

4.What is the nearby country that worth visiting at the same time? I don't want to just go to Germany!

.Please suggest. THank you very much

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

1. Prices vary so best just research those websites with all the hotel deals. You will find expensive hotels and cheap hostels. There's no set price.

2. Everything should clear customs to exit, I'm not sure about your homeland customs or what you're even bringing back.

3. I advise to travel with a travel card, it's like a credit card you load money on and then don't need a credit card. It's much safer.

3a. Dortmund, why do you want to go there if you don't know what's there? Lol. I know they have a zoo and are very interested in their football club but like all German cities, it's the architecture that's the most interesting so go walking through the cathederals and castles.

4. Best nearby country is Austria, of course. Very similar to Germany and so you won't feel like you're travelling to another country just the accent a littke different. Personally I feel the countryside is Austria is prettier.

3. rubberloverhk

rubberloverhk Guest

How about Poland ?or Czech?

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Both good to visit. I always feel depressed in both. Feels like the weather is always grey and I look at the people and I dont see happiness.

One of my favourite tours is to drive to the top of Poland and catch the Ferry across the baltic up into Scandinavia. :)

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

:toetap:

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I knew you'd have something to say. :d

I've never really been west.

7. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Austria
    Switzerland

8. Go to Burger King. That my advice.