New to “Dabs/Dabbing”? What’s difference between that and regular marijuana?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Xboxoneandsports32490, Mar 26, 2023.

1. Xboxoneandsports32490

Xboxoneandsports32490 Members

Don’t know much about how dabs work myself, only thing I’ve heard about them is they are very expensive rate and sell for $50 dollars for one gram of dabs? Also I read online the dabs can end up getting you 40% to 90% way more of a THC count then just smoking the regular weed flowers?

Basically, in a nutshell:

A.) Have you experimented with or ever paid for dabs before?

B.) If Yes, What was main difference between feeling dab high and feeling “regular cannabis high?”

Thanks for help. Just trying to educate myself more on it before I decide to invest $50 dollars for a gram of dabs?

2. legalize_the_plant003

legalize_the_plant003 Members

I have gotten dab high a few times. It is much more intense than just smoking. One time.... wow. I could see myself move before I moved.

3. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

From experience buying a vape with PURE cannabis oils and no additives such as coconut oil or other terpenes is the way.

Dabs are not only expensive, but add the danger of using a blowtorch to flame it (thereby inhaling toxic vapors from the burning of the gas inside the torch) and I say NO.

I have yet to see an electric lighter do the trick, whereby the gentle heat in an enclosed tube with pure oils produces no toxic by products.

In the past I knew some heavy tokers that became 'addicted' to dabs and used their rigs hundreds of times a day, resulting in a zombie like state. One famous seed breeder in Amsterdam did it so much his heart gave out and they had to replace his valves with ones from a pig. Talk about insane!!! The guy demanded his rig and a dab the hour after he woke up from surgery...

4. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've tried dabbing and decided it's not for me. It's not easy to control how big a hit you take, and I've gotten too stoned. I've decided dabbing is for people with high tolerance who like to get wasted as fuck.

5. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Dabbing can be darn affordable if you do it right. Just sayin'. You can certainly spend as much as you want to, but it doesn't have to break the bank or mess up your tolerance via banging monster dabs all day.

The small diameter of the rhino straw helps regulate dab size a great deal, a gram will keep me with a mild buzz rolling for around a week depending on quality.
    Screenshot_20230327_105031_Chrome.jpg

The deal on Monday has been running for nearly 6 months, before which it was 5 for $75 on concentrates
    Screenshot_20230327_104801_Chrome.jpg

Another thought, concentrates usually have narrow terpene profiles so I've taken to blending different stuff and it definitely broadens the spectrum.

As far as blowtorches I use a pocket sized gas station jet lighter or a brulee torch not my weed burner. :D

~Zen~ likes this.
  6. ~Zen~

It is wonderful to have such a great selection and at affordable prices @FritzDaKatx2 !

Puff on!
    And how is that garden doing?

7. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

It's not an upper tier brand or anything but it gets the job done.
    Most dispensaries in arizona have a pretty good assortment of selections for the "budget minded
    The boys hid their gender well.
    There was a runty female that at least provided me with 10 more seeds and I have plenty of pollen along with 2 of the initial golden tiger seeds and a super lemon haze.

So not entirely empty handed I suppose but I think I'm paying more than $10 a seed with my electricity bill. :confused:

8. ~Zen~

Those pesky power bills!!!

Glad to hear you are still growing :)

I once visited a garden in Holland where they had a dozens of males in a separate building, air-filtered and sealed...it was all Cinderella '99, a wonderful strain. The females were mostly outdoors in a walled garden.

When those pollen sacks burst they had to go in with respirators and shovels to put it all into bags. Unfortunately their plans went awry when the power company found they had bypassed the meter and had a house full of lights, air-conditioning and more. Sad as I have almost never heard of that strain since.

But any pollen in your females is a drag.

FritzDaKatx2 likes this.
  9. newo

Who's ready to dab?!

[​IMG]

FritzDaKatx2 likes this.
  10. legalize_the_plant003

yum. i want some.

11. newo

A lady friend has a battery-operated dab vaporizer like this one. She says it's very efficient and none of the resin gets wasted, so it's paid for itself. The device cost her $300, so I said she must smoke a lot of dabs for it to pay for itself! She said yes I do.

[​IMG]

legalize_the_plant003 likes this.
  12. legalize_the_plant003

battery operated as in you do not need a butane torch to light it? i want one!