New Thought Crimes Will Get You Kicked out of UK

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by skip, Aug 24, 2005.

1. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

Again, who the fuck are you addressing this rant to? Given that the vast majority of people who post here oppose the vast majority of our governements policies, just who are these people who're "blind and deserve what they get"?

2. SageDreamer

SageDreamer Senior Member

It may be a moot point, but it sounds like it's still legal to *think* what you like. However, doing anything about it is against the law.

Trying to incite violence is probably illegal in a number of places. I have no problem with penalties for inciting violence.

3. skip

skip Founder Administrator

You ppl don't get it. Everyone shares responsibility. Each day our governments stay in power is another day we let it happen. We let the murder and wars continue unabated. We let our leaders bring death & destruction to countries who pose no threat. Or didn't until we LET our leaders do this.

Why aren't there 100,000 people protesting this new law in London?
    Why aren't there 100,000 people camping out at Bush's doorstep with Sheehan?
    Just where are all these outraged people. I see a few, not many. And that's the shame.

4. Packinalength

Packinalength Member

because they're busy posting on forums like you [​IMG]

5. skip

By generalizing I do three things,

First I push your buttons to action. I want you to get angry and respond. Fuck complacency!

Secondly it reminds you that this is how your country, people AND government will be perceived by others regardless of how you feel.

I remind you that your government and many people are themselves generalizing in their views of others, and that is where the danger lies!

Didn't generalizing cost a Brazilian his life? I care more for him than how you feel about what I say.

6. DoktorAtomik

Not really. You just sound like you hate the British and so you alienate people. If anything, that's more likely to provoke people into defending their government.

Yes, but I don't care how my country, people and government are perceived by others. I'm not nationalistic or patriotic, so I couldn't give a shit what anyone thinks.

I don't think anyone needs reminding of that.

I'm not really sure what that has to do with anything. European governments are already responsible for countelss deaths all over the world.

7. skip

"I'm not nationalistic or patriotic, so I couldn't give a shit what anyone thinks."

Then why are you responding to my posts?

And if you don't give a shit, then indeed you deserve what you get. Cause there's LOTS of people who are starting to think about what the US & UK are doing to the world. And the London bombings are just your wakeup call. Go back to sleep and don't give a shit. I'm sure that'll help.

8. chegzy

chegzy Member

sorry just butting in here;

most of brits and yanks did not want to go to war with iraq, and even more wish they had not done so (well thats my impression)
    However we did go to war, and there were protests, now were facing the concequences and looking to our government to do something about it
    Fact is a lot of people are blind to what is actually happening, a lot of people just like to hide and pretend nothing happening because its better than living in constant fear, there is no longer a threat of terrorism, its in action, i truly WISH we had not gone to war but we did and now we have to deal with it

9. skip

Most Americans DID want to go to war. The Brits were far more opposed than the yanks, much to their credit, and discredit of their leadership.

10. DoktorAtomik

Because this is a forum where people have discussions and debate ideas. I'll debate with you as long as you like - doesn't mean I care what you think about Britain or the British.

What the fuck's that supposed to mean? You think I deserve to die because I don't give a shit what people I've never met think about people I've never met? Hmmm. That makes sense.

Got some news for you there, Skip dude. The whole of the Western world is responsible for what's going on on this planet. Unloading the blame for the world's woes onto the US and UK in some form of misplaced inverse patriotism doesn't change that fact. Added to which, I am not "the US" or "the UK". I'm me.

Yeah, about as much as pointlessly attempting to provoke people on an internet forum.

When you're done attempting to insult me based on the actions of a government that I don't even support, maybe we could have an intelligent discussion about what's going on in the world.

11. skip

"When you're done attempting to insult me based on the actions of a government that I don't even support, maybe we could have an intelligent discussion about what's going on in the world."

You're the one who started to take it all personal, even tho I said it wasn't, several times.

And if you Don't support your gov't as you claim, you should be agreeing with me, instead of arguing with me and accusing me falsely.

Attacking the messenger doesn't change the message.

But whatever floats your boat.

12. DoktorAtomik

You've said I deserve to die for the actions of my government. That seems pretty personal.

As you've just pointed out, I've already stated that I don't support the actions of my government. If you wish to criticise my government, chances are I'll agree with you. When you criticise the entire British nation based on the actions of their government, chances are I won't.

13. skip

You Brits are really amazing.

here's what I said that you took as a personal attack,

Originally Posted by Skip
    Not Cricket, eh what?.

Originally posted by Dr. Atomick
    "Don't ya think that's a bit of a racist stereotype? Just coz we're from England, it don't mean we all talk like the fucking queen y'know."

I was referring to Blair's statement that this was a GAME.

I was referring to Blair NOT YOU, idiot.

God, to I have to spell everything out?

That really got you into a Tizzy didn't it?

Thanks for wasting my time, and side tracking the thread, for which you have YET to post anything meaningful about the topic.

14. skip

So you got us off topic, attacked me, and completely sidetracked the thread. That is troll behavior. You're now warned.

15. HappyHippySoldierBoy

HappyHippySoldierBoy Banned

THIS is the moron that runs this ship?!

16. skip

Got a problem with that?

17. HappyHippySoldierBoy

Not if it get's me booted

18. HappyHippySoldierBoy

Thanks man, we already know. Maybe one day you yanks can be just like us if you get a decent sense of humour.

19. skip

Then go back and read what I actually wrote, and make a comment on the subject of this thread, otherwise you are breaking the forum guidelines.

20. DoktorAtomik

I was under the impression that we were having a discussion. So just to clarify, what opinions can I express without being banned? I'd like to carry on this discussion, but I'm not sure what I'm allowed to say.