New Sins

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by laurenq, Mar 11, 2008.

1. FinnishButterfly

FinnishButterfly JennyJelly

Let's make it a sin for Japanese people to make robots.

2. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

They should! Jesus didn't like robots... not many people know that, but the Pope does...

3. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

now that the vaticans added new sins, how long till they edit the bible again to add them?

how true can a religion be, if its that easy to change the core beliefs?

why didnt they edit the holy document of vatican law to say its not ok for preists to sleep with young boys?

4. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

Exactly, and it hurts us every time they do this... It's ridiculous that we need someone to tell us what to think and if we don't believe those people, we are committing a "sin." Who are THEY that they get to tell us what God wants? They are not divine, no matter how much they may proclaim to be. They are human just like we are...

#$%!

5. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

the one about being excessively wealthy amuses me in particular, considering that the catholic church is one of the richest organizations on the planet.

6. laurenq

laurenq Member

yea i consider myself to be a catholic but i really interpret things differently and am not orthodox at all i guess

7. Hryhorii

Hryhorii Member

I think these two posts go well together. 1st off, no one claims to be divine. Yes you may argue that the holy Orders create divine offices, but the people are still sperm and egg people from between their mothers legs. And therefore, aren't perfect.

Dividends help pay for Vatican expenses and charities such as assisting 1,500,000 children and providing some measure of food and clothing to 7,000,000 needy Italians. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,833509,00.html

Do I believe the Church is infallible, no. It is run by people, and people are usually corrupted by power and money. Do i believe that it is the best option for my spirituality, yes. Do I think that the Church should pay reparation payments to the victims of abuse, yes. Do I think that in the past the priests who have commited these crimes both against state law and moral law should be punished but mainly have not, yes. Do I think that in the future more strict screening needs to be done for me entering the priesthood, yes.

http://www.ignatiusinsight.com/features2006/wmay_authority_nov06.asp
    Interesting article that argues that dissent is valid, as not all teaching of the Church can be infallible.

8. Hryhorii

Hryhorii Member

9. Spiritawakening

Spiritawakening Member

oh really...good grief. what next?

10. laurenq

laurenq Member

11. FinnishButterfly

FinnishButterfly JennyJelly

You can't change the Bible. There are too many. Besides it says in the bible that if you change the bible, then you're bound to hell. So Karma if they try.

Did they have robots in the bible!? :-D

12. Hryhorii

Hryhorii Member

No one changed the Bible.

BTW-Peter always seemed suspicious, a little shiny and metal-like.

13. heron

heron Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I like em, i try to make up at least one new a day...stay creative ya know?

lol....i think it was silly of the church personally.