new project

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by kinulpture, Nov 7, 2008.

1. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

My online friend is wishin a raft frm 55 gal drums & jon boats. Im notsure that could handle many rapids.

2. awash

awash Guest

Hi, kiniculpture !

Thanks for your link to get here :) , GREAT Project, and MoonBow is sure to flow through arteries worldwide Thanks for getting this idea out and around. I can't recall the name Sunbow but maybe I will remember later, and yes I bet they will find you, since you are posting on the www, and join in alongside MoonBow :) !!!

There's 15 pages of conversation about MoonBow here, I just read the 1st page yet. So I bet I'm repeating ideas, but it's hard to wait ...
    I'm a bicycle rider myself, and it's so cool how pedaling can move from the road right out on the waters :) ! Like solar and wind power -- solar panels + wind turbine for electric energy, and land sails (for bikes trikes and scooters) to water sailing.
    A Small Portable Hybrid Ride is my usual prefered way to travel, I can't stand 'getting stuck'. HOWEVER -- it's also easy enough to gather tires and wood pallets etc from industrial zones and lash large rafts for floating larger groups of people down larger rivers. Make rails for safety carry water for drinking, and off you go from one big city 'port' to another. Then be sure to dock on camping land near another largish urban city as the river gets shallow or narrow. Break the raft back down to parts for the junk yards if no one local has a use for the raft or tires, to clean up the raft footprint. At this rest area, there could be aplenty urban family waiting to float the caravan on in smaller craft, or with wheels in-land maybe portaging to the next larger river.

So I'm going to read more of this groovy thread tonight :) ,
    Thanks !
    -awash

3. awash

awash Guest

PS - kiniculpture, I have some news :) !
    I just 'found' a member from Sunbow, the tribe you lost touch with, through a Facebook Rainbow sail forum, a sunbow member was at council for the world BC gathering site choosing. Or, now I'm having second thoughts - maybe Sunbow is just the fellow's name. Anyway ...

4. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Howdy & welcome jes

5. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

6. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

3 free boats for those who may be in vicinity of key largo. Need lotsa tlc.

7. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Apr 18th ft wayne indiana. 8day downstream float on maumee river. Extra space in boats/ maybe whole boats available 4 those w/o. Food/camps/drums. Allway 2 lk erie.

8. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Th boats r jes fer th float mind u, gotta givem bak @ end of it. Afterward i'd like 2 find a way we could bring these bak upstream afterward.

9. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

I haven't asked abigail king yet, i'm just assuming th boats r based in ft wayne in. She started the idea: www.savemaumee.org.
    By bringing some boats bak upstream we would be savin land crawlers(hauling vehicles), the trouble. It'd jes take a lil extra effort cruisin em bak.
    This is my idea(afterwards), eel river runs frm ft wayne vicinity, runnin into wabash, which brings one to vicinity of shawnee nf.

10. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Someway would be needed 2 portage frm maumee rvr 2 th eel.

11. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Indy, not quite sure u got my pm. So postin more here. A return trip would be different story here. Doesn't hafta be, but no actual commitments yet, to one. The "rest camps" of original gig will be occupied already by folks who may or may not be floatin.

12. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

I'm totally assuming that th 12 canoes i know of originate in ft wayne. So, i guess hauled back.

13. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

14. Sawyer

Sawyer Member

I am in Maryland and own a sailboat as do several other rainbow types in my area. I am local to some impressive public lands along the Pot River administrated by BLM, their only holding in the Eastern US, I am told. It would make a lovely spot for a Rainbow Navy regional!

15. Sawyer

Sawyer Member

I am in Maryland and own a sailboat as do several other rainbow types in my area. I am local to some impressive public lands along the Pot River administrated by BLM, their only holding in the Eastern US, I am told. It would make a lovely spot for a Rainbow Navy regional!

1 person likes this.
  16. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

HMS Olympic-Bullshitter. That'd work!

I'd love to have a small sailboat.

17. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

hi sawyer I ve a friend newly w/ boat & in th area ill bring him on sometime here

18. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

I've another friend only online not in person who has land & boats in md his name is wolf wandering or somethng he's on fb

19. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Hi sawyer do u know abt rainbow water tribes peace fleet on facebook?

20. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

I can't find the pot river, sawyer.