new project

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by kinulpture, Nov 7, 2008.

1. indydude

indydude Senior Member

Nice site! I've been researching sailing for a couple years. Just got back from vacation near Chesapeake Bay in Virginia. Saw the baddest sailboats . Every size and kind. Almost bought a 20 footer with trailer for $500. Just missed! Sold it.
    This site has plans to build your own boat.Any kind!
    www.glen-l.com

2. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

in light of the spill i`d think a rapid response team could use something like these.

3. indydude

indydude Senior Member

4. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

i`m attemptin an inauguration after shawnee gathering

5. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Ah, boats! So cool! I have a 16' canoe, and when I get done fixing it it's gonna be a 233' frieghter....

6. shenita

shenita Guest

i keep hearing snippets of info like this. i saw someone in the 05 rainbow guide who mentioned ocean communities. but, i emailed them & their addy was cancelled.

link submitting

7. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

yes i emailed them too. if ne1 has heard of sunbow family & fleet. lemme know. this is how i derived the name moonbow family &/or fleet. i wanted it distinct, & didn`t wanna step on sunbow toes.

8. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

excellent advice m8, thx. it's taken several yrs to even get this lil bit together. there was an excellent on maybe the history channel about maybe the first major trip upon the water by people. quite sychronistic. it shouldn't be hard 2 find. i won't have as time nxt couple wks 2 play here as i have.

9. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

i keep hearin of lesser size loops than the great loop.if ne1 knows of 1 lemme know.am lookin @ tenn rvr as possible.shawnee is near there.it appears to go middle of ala.dunno how th currents go tho.or how many dams.

10. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

family sail boats come into pt townsend washington . itsa little town on the olympic penninsula that's less rainy than most and there's been a boat-building school there . happy hobos sing along the woodsy bay .

long time ago a hippy town in the oregon mts put up a long and tall building and named it the Boat Lodge . eventually a sailboat was completed , hauled down the old mt road to the sea . then for as many elfin as a 30footer could pack it sailed away south .

11. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

i've heard much about both of these.ive gotsta go over this whole thread sumtime.evrywhere else i post this the response has been kinda dull to nil.wow singing hobos.the anchorouts of richardson bay near sausalito ca,are another example.ive heard false crk near vanc bc,too.

12. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

family on the water was in a dream i had one night and i hold it close .

i is standing om on the bank of a river , when three barges approach going downstream . in the first stands a Great Bear , looking forward . in the second are the Ancestors , again strong and looking forward . i get on the third , and a gentle old brother serves me some hot food . where we going , i ask . just out to sea and up the coastline a bit and then we make a new camp .

yessir , down one river and up another

13. Olympic-Bullshitter

Olympic-Bullshitter Banned

Try to pickup a copy of the Nitty Gritty guide to cruising the Tenn/Tom.

14. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

i`ll certainly do that, O-B.just abt wot i need. i figure this:shawnee is in oct, thxgvng gathering in alabama. just gotta coordinate shuttles from shawnee gathering to maybe a lil bit upstream on OH rvr. there duhz appear to be a lil waterway for maybe such a purpose. cant remem name of it @moment. & it may flow unbroken to OH r.just gotta council shawnee to be closer to this lil crik. shawnee needs revampin anyway since bad thing happenin last yr. i actually had a brief acquaintance who tried to get me to come w/ him to OH r long ago. this in ~82. he made flutes, & had a homemade houseboat.i heard of him recently frm a stranger who lived in a storage unit in ral nc where im from, that he was still there, somewhere on the river. his name is chris, maybe ill run into him again sometime. im sure there is an event b4 shawnee in summer upstream on OH r. actually it duhznt hafta be shawnee. there are other events near carbondale called galactic tribute potluck. im kinda intrigued by this place in that area called cave in rock.

15. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

btw i recently saw the "Admiral", worlds largest inland cruise ship on ebay. i saw her many yrs ago on a drunk along st lou waterfront.ive no idea how she would do in the gulf tho.& i heard some bridges along grt loop were a bit low, so not sure howmuch loopin she`d do.

16. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

If I were homeless I think I would consider a rainbow family thing because I don't know... I just don't think I'd want to be broke walking around picking up soda cans. I currently have a place, but when my lease ends I doubt I'll still have one.

17. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

yes indeedly, it can be a bit rough out there for th firstime.this is exactly i`m wantin to create this organization as a subset of rainbow.ppl respect u more if u have more than justa backpack.

18. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

but u can carry much more w/a bicycle.more than that w/a boat.a boat can provide more shelter too than a bike.it`s if nuthin else a structure which allows u to hang a tarp from.& u can access more fishin spots in a boat than casting frm shore.& more snorkeling, scuba.sumtimz u can haul xtra ppl.u have oppportunities to rent/trade ur boat.

19. Olympic-Bullshitter

Olympic-Bullshitter Banned

I love cycling. It's the only time I have completely for myself, when nobody can reach me, and my mind can whirr undisturbed. I feel that not having a car, I am definitely ahead. www.aroundinten.com/

20. kinulpture

kinulpture Member