New Moderator

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by NoVictimNoCrime, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

What do you expect from a marijuana forum? Everything to be perfect? You guys make me laugh..

2. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

u ban the ip...

3. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

I understand how it works, but a new moderator won't solve that issue, only the implementation of a policy of banning IP's

4. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

i think systems that discourage bad posts, such as active moderators or that karma thing we used to have (points given for good posts, taken away for bad ones), work in the long run, even if they don't immediately solve the problem. eventually, the people posting so many bad posts get the message that the forum is no fun for people who don't have anything to contribute, so they leave.

no harm in trying it, right?

5. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

lol you want the karma thing again?

6. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

i've always been a believer in it!! remember how much more interesting the forums were with it?

7. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

lol oh man, that karma thing

i swear, every day i was gettin like 4-5 negatives, even death threats lol

8. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

interesting? you mean all the karma whores that just created posts in which boosting your karma was the main focus of the thread.. or losing karma because some asshole just didnt agree with your views... it was abused and would continue to be abused if redone

9. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

damn, i totally forgot about the karma blips.

10. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

i didn't see it being abused enough to be taken down, but that's skip's decision...

the only abuse i saw were the threads created only to dish out karma, which could have easily been removed.

with a good moderator, of course.

11. Twizz

Twizz Drug Conoisseur

I believe I was the one who started that mess?

12. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

lol and what a big ass mess it was. When people were getting banned left and right, even the almighty stonerbill

13. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

What the fuck was up with all of that?! I think karma points would be fun, but I can see them getting abused....

14. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

Nah. They were always starting "Boost karma for the person above you!!!111" threads in young hippies. (I fucking hate that forum.) Karma is pointless when it's abused.

I do agree that we need an active mod, if only to close junk threads and cast out the trolls.

15. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

yeah, tons of people abused the karma system with their "Boost karma for the person above you!!!111" threads...buuut other that that, the system appeared to work - people didn't just post bullshit posts to knock up their post count. occasional karma boost posts seem like they would be easy enough to get rid of...then again, i've never had to.

16. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

oh yes that was so funny

17. Pollak_Lost_In_Smoke

Pollak_Lost_In_Smoke Member

I understand that I haven't been around as long as alot of you guys, but I've also noticed many pointless threads. I think have a few extras mods would be little helpful. I wasn't around for the whole karma points thing. But what if we could seperate the karma points for different forums and not just for the entire website.

Maybe even also just make mods only for the marijuana forum. Just start a post with people who wanna nominate themselves and then have a poll going on where people could vote for them. Then have like the top three become the new mods.

I dont know if the fact I've only been around for a few months allows my views to have any weight, but thats just my two cents

18. Twizz

Twizz Drug Conoisseur

Yeah, I was banned, StonerBill was banned, JoJo got banned (and still is...)

Hmm... I wonder what JoJo is up to now?

19. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

ehh i talk to jojo every once in awhile... he still cheefs some times. But he stopped using hipforums because his parents saw it and he got in big trouble.. I miss the guy

20. Twizz

Twizz Drug Conoisseur

How do you talk to him? I'm guessing YIM or AIM...

I'd like to talk to him again...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.