New Jersey - NYC - Philly

Discussion in 'U.S.A.' started by Aditi, May 11, 2004.

1. Aditi

Aditi Member

Remember our dirty jersey thread???
    Well, northern jersey here. close proximity to manhattan, so email me if you are going to check out some shows or art or other events etc. maybe we could organize a camping trip for the summertime. just throwing some ideas out. so where are you??? central, southern near pa, shore????
    what do you do?
    i am going to school for massage therapy. i love it. i did a few years of school at univ. of virginia, bergen community college, and univ. oregon - but haven't graduated. my friends are scattered all around, but my brother is close by at school in the bronx - so i hang out there a lot. i take my great aunt to the grocery store, and take my cousins to the ramapo reservation and stuff like that. i work as a lifeguard currently. it's so easy, except when someone almost dies on you which happens almost never. enough from me
    love to all yus guys. hahahaha
    - erin

2. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

It's great seeing some Jersey folks on the hipforums. I'm from Burlington County in south Jersey (very close to Philly), and when I'm done with Japan, I'll probably move back there.

3. Oh So strangE indeeD

Oh So strangE indeeD Member

I live just outside NYC...I would live there just for the indian food. *sighs*

4. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

I grew up near Ocean City, N.J. and just recently moved from Bristol, Pa. I lived 2 minutes from the Bulington-Bristol Bridge. I also used to work at Stock's Watrefront Grill in Bristol.....ever been there? I now live in New England and hate it.

5. beachbum7

GuySmiley, unfortunately, I've never been to Stock's Waterfront Grill, but if it's very close to the Burlington-Bristol bridge, I've probably seen it. I haven't spent too much time in Bristol, despite living (for most of my life) less than ten minutes away from the bridge (I've wasted much of my life at unnecessary places - such as the mall). When I get back home, hopefully, I'll see places I haven't seen before (and enjoy them).

6. Terrapin Flyer

Terrapin Flyer Banned

im in PA, right near philly. always up for an adventure.

~shine on in love and light~
    Sundance

7. mmmnuggets

mmmnuggets Member

Ocean City arae now always up for fun times!

much love and respect

8. Main St Wizard

Main St Wizard Member

I have a friend.. he lives up in Central Park West.. I'm pretty sure he's the reincarnation of Abbie Hoffman. You guys should come into the city and check him out, for he believes he's too good to go to Jersey.

He writes damn good poetry, too.http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/platypus

9. dirtybongwater

dirtybongwater Member

Philly here, have never lived anywhere else

10. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

*waves* pa... near allentown here. Hi Nuggets, flyer and dirtybong!

I didn't know you were still on here, dirty...nice to see u, hi!

11. dirtybongwater

dirtybongwater Member

I'm surprised people still remember me :) I kind of took a long leave of absence from the forums. And when i do come back everythings all weird and changed around, i'm not use to this....
    Anyway, Eryn nice to see your still around these parts. Hope all is well!

12. Aditi

Aditi Member

hi everyone,

i picked my brother up at dorms tonight, and went downtown to houston st nyc because this theatre was playing a midnight show of dark crystal. we were going to get some drinks and all before the movie. it was pouring buckets of rain. i open the trunk to get out an umbrella - and i lock the damn keys in the trunk. i knew something was wrong too. oh well - at least we had the umbrella. got some pizza and beer while waiting for the locksmith . 40$ mistake, fuck me, 40$ I don't have. oh well, we hung out -- but no movie. just felt like telling this little story. love to you.

13. babynug

babynug Member

pennsauken,nj here.right over the bridge from philly.hi all.

14. psychedelix

psychedelix Member

I just moved 10 minutes from Philly to a town called glenside. Always looking to meet some cool people.

15. SvgGrdnBeauty

SvgGrdnBeauty only connect

Hi hi! I live in Lanoka Harbor, NJ (exit 74...) by Seaside Heights...

...if you are looking for somewhere to meet up or something...Grounds For Sculpture, right outside of Trenton is amazing...

http://www.groundsforsculpture.org

16. beachbum7

I love Seaside Heights :)

17. psychedelix

psychedelix Member

I have a computer fixing business going on. It was going good until my girlfriend got locked up a few week ago. She was my ride to places. So after living in the suburbs for 3 months, I got to get a job in philly again and move back. I got 2 months so if anyone wants to help out I'd appreciate it.

18. blackriverlily

blackriverlily Member

central jersey here. union county. hi all!!

19. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

i used to live in williamstown jersey(i think near cherry hill) and germantown in philly. i thin kthe worlds gonna be draggin me back that way soon. grrrrrrrrrrr ah well, any bass players around there? or a fiddler?

20. Love Fest1969

Love Fest1969 Classic Rocker

I live in Queens but I don't like the neighborhood I live in, so if I want action I have to go into the city...