New here and not new also- Artist

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by LucidFae, Jan 10, 2018.

1. LucidFae

LucidFae Members

Hi all <3
    I'm so happy that this is all still here! Awesome!!
    I signed up like ten years ago with an account I no longer seem to have, when I was still a teenager..and I decided to come back.
    So I guess I should reintroduce myself.
    I'm Fae, I'm a visual artist- I draw pieces that explore the human mind, perhaps a bit in the tradition of Jung, or the surrealists- and a passionate dreamer. Like many others here I guess.
    I'm from the Netherlands. My hobbies are dancing, singing, wandering old streets, making tie dyes and philosophizing. So.. hi! <3

GLENGLEN, ZenKarma and MeAgain like this.
  2. Submissive172

Submissive172 Supporters HipForums Supporter

Welcome back!

3. buddhabelly420

buddhabelly420 Banned

4. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Hi Lucid Fae! Welcome home!

I lived in the Netherlands for quite some time, and one of the reasons it is so HIP there is because they support the arts, and artists.

Many towns and cities provided work space and living spaces for artists, do they still do that? And schooling... dang, it seems EVERYONE went to university there...leading to an educated and enlightened society...

I sure miss the days, weeks, months and years hanging out in places like Gilze, Rijen. Breda, Utrecht, and yes, even Amsterdam. I also spent time at Vinkeveen and Zaandvoort.

We'd love to see your artwork!

5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Welcome Back To The Fold......I'm Pleased To Say Nothing Much Has Changed Here......Except That

All The Members Have Got Older.. Uglier..And Grumpier.. (me excluded) Since Your Last Visit......:smilecat::smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    ZenKarma likes this.
  6. LucidFae

LucidFae Members

Thanks all for welcoming me back here <3
    https://www.hipforums.com/forum/xengallery/albums/my-work.11615/ I added some photos of my work in this album, so you can see what I do.
    @ZenKarma , our current government is a bit less spendy when it comes to arts and culture..and universities for that matter because studying is no longer without loans, which is a shame, but I do hear from many people who come here from abroad that we still have a good thing going here :)
    They still do have many studio's and residencies going all over the place, and where things are no longer subsidized, people pick up their own projects and crowdfund things. This is quite inspiring.

@GLENGLEN- I hope most have only gotten older and not grumpier :D Haha

GLENGLEN and ZenKarma like this.