New Forum! Artificial Intelligence (A.I.)

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by skip, Feb 8, 2023.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

We just created a new forum (it's been awhile!). It's about all things AI, or Artificial Intelligence.

I'll be posting up some newsworthy stories shortly, as this is supposed to be the "next big thing" according to the companies who spent billions developing these systems.

You'd be surprised at all the controversy over how its already beginning to change society in novel ways.

Here's the link to the new forum:
    Artificial Intelligence (A.I.)

~Zen~ likes this.
  2. Jackblue

Jackblue Newbie

That's great to hear that you've created a new forum dedicated to Artificial Intelligence (AI)! It's an exciting and rapidly evolving field, so having a platform to discuss all things AI can be very valuable.

The development of AI has indeed garnered significant attention and investment from various companies. With the advancements in machine learning, neural networks, and other AI technologies, there is a growing anticipation that AI will be the "next big thing" in shaping the future.

AI's impact on society is already quite significant, and it continues to evolve in novel ways. It has the potential to revolutionize industries such as healthcare, finance, transportation, and more. However, as AI becomes more integrated into our lives, there are also concerns and controversies surrounding its ethical implications, privacy issues, and potential impact on employment.

The link you provided to the new forum, "Artificial Intelligence (A.I.)," sounds like a great platform to engage in discussions, share news, and exchange ideas about AI. I'm sure it will attract a diverse community interested in AI and its various applications.

I wish you success with your new forum and hope it becomes a vibrant hub for AI enthusiasts, researchers, and professionals to come together and explore the exciting world of Artificial Intelligence!

3. nagwink

nagwink Visitor

Scientists have created an AI, and asked it, "Is there a God?"

The AI replied, "Insufficient computing power to determine an answer."

The scientists connected the AI to a powerful supercomputer and gave it access to Wikipedia, and asked it again, "Is there a God?"

Again, the AI replied, "Insufficient computing power to determine an answer."

So the scientists put the AI on a distributed cluster of millions of computers and gave it access to all the data on the Google, then once again asked it, "Is there a God?"

And yet again, the AI replied, "Insufficient computing power to determine an answer".

The scientists spend years and years, and finally got the AI to be installed on every supercomputer, network, PC, console, mobile device, smartwatch, anything with a chip.
    They gave the AI access to every database, website, book, social media platform, every piece of software ever written and every piece of knowledge ever obtained by mankind. And for the last time, they asked the AI, "Is there a God?"

The AI replied, "There is now."

Princess Autumn likes this.