New Features! Hip Radio, News & Sticky Threads

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by skip, Oct 19, 2010.

1. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

thats a crapload of words to say "thanks but I figured a way" :sultan:

2. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Oh but it says so much more than that -no?

And there's better news-- in clicking around I discovered that I had not installed the add on that I assumed was on the machine. There are some intuitive refinements to the FF interface that would be helpful in guiding a user in the direction they need to go in order to correct a functional issue.

I've noted in my time using a PC that while guesswork can be quite handy in troubleshooting it can also prove dangerous if the guess happens to be exactly wrong. Because I figured that my FF was good to go I was pondering the benefits of screwing with my firewall- assuming that it was the culprit. The IE experiment was in part to eliminate the firewall option as I've learned to be very careful about fucking with its settings.

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

I knew you would figure it out eventually ..

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

tldnr :willy_nilly:

5. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

You don't need to...

However, someone experiencing similar issues may find the details to be useful.

6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

[​IMG]

(Im kidding..I did get the hint )

7. DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck Member

Skip..radio, darn it all..I guess I'm going to have to get speakers and a sound card. Yup, I'm that far behind. Really my old speakers puked and I used this sound card in my PC in my studio...you know, the old trade parts around. The new features look great, DD

8. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Stinkfoot, make sure you have media player v11. It's not widely available yet, but the plugin is for Firefox.

Doobie, good to see ya here! :) Time to upgrade to a new system, sounds like...

9. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

I have managed to sort it out but thanks! :)

10. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

Can't get the radio to work. Tried it a couple weeks ago and wouldn't work either. I was using the regular version of Firefox, running Beta 3 now, but neither worked... Rummaging thru the threads, I have WMP 11 on my system. Come to think of it, I downloaded WMP Firefox Plugin a while back but deleted it since I didn't see it working for anything. I also have VLC Media Player Plugin for Firefox if that accounts for anything.

Do I need the WMP Plugin for Firefox to make it work? I think I found it on an external link (couldn't find it in FF Plugins). Looks nice, I'd like to make it work... Without using Internet Exploiter (LOL, nice one Stinkfoot!).

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

i believe ima burn the youtube link out on my computer, now you would think Hip Forum would be the top my most visit list.. it is not :eek: big surprise to me lol.. But the truth is the hip forums are mostly never bounced around link by link on my visit. todays first link on my youtube,, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0amqDC0Ll8&feature=grec_index"]YouTube - Red Dragon Kush
    so I miss alot of the hip radio .. but I dont know if I should feel bad.. :p

12. Eye_Of_The_Ganja

Eye_Of_The_Ganja Member

These are really nice updates. Thanks a lot bro.

13. skip

Yes, you need the new plugin for Firefox, I think it's version 11.

I have had to stop listening on my laptop since it reboots my computer a few times a day when I run it. It's a bug in my computer that they haven't fixed yet, not a prob with firefox.

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

I need an all Pink Floyd, all Grateful Dead Channel..

15. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

How would i request something be added to hip radio??

16. Reading this thread made me try a couple of different stations - loving Goa Psy Trance!

17. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Yes trance is one of my favourite music types indeed :)

18. There are loads of stations here that I need to give a listen to. Laziness is my excuse for sticking to the same 2 or 3.

19. skip

Just put the link in this thread or ask a supermod.