New Features! Hip Radio, News & Sticky Threads

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by skip, Oct 19, 2010.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

I've installed some new features today, including Hip Radio, which lets you choose from around 40 radio stations - and they actually work! The link is on the top menu bar. You may need to download an updated media player to make it work if you use firefox.

I've also installed a feature that separates the Sticky threads visually from the normal threads.

The forum homepage now has a news ticker, and the Site homepage has the latest news in a preview. We are going to try to provide new stories each day. Anyone can add a news story in the News Forum. These will need to be approved before they show up, so be patient.

2. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

looking good so far :2thumbsup:

3. skip

I'm lovin' the radio! I'd tried installing several other mods for radio, but this is the first one that works, and it has great features too.

4. Chapter13

Chapter13 Member

fun radio! :party:

plays well, no lag, needs a coupla more alternative stations ... good stuff :sunny:

5. LdyNimue

LdyNimue Member

Well done Skip!!!
    Just got done checking out the radio stations.
    My favorites is already filled...:2thumbsup:
    Digg'n the Jazz hun. Some Motown would be cool.
    Many Thanks, You did well.
    :beatnik:​

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

where on hip planet is this radio you speak of?. .:(

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

9. skip

I've just added a post filter by member. If you're in a thread you can click on the username and the drop down will have an option to filter threads by the member. You will see only the selected member's posts, your own posts, the thread starter's post and moderator posts.

Enjoy!

10. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

None of this seems to work on my machine beyond opening a new window.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

mmks.. I suffered the same problem. you may need to DL the plug from the site for windows, & restart your machine..

12. skip

Yes you must download the latest version of media player, I think, for firefox.

I had to do it too. It's really cool. I noticed new features popping up elsewhere on my computer as a result.

13. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Is this done via add-ons for FF or must I visit the Microsoft website?

14. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Updated Media Player and still no go...

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

did the plugin ext, come from technet.com/ have you opened the file manually?..

16. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

All apparent means of opening the file or visiting different stations have produced zero audio... and there's a black media window with "Waiting for video" continuously displayed. This is a blockable element as the "block" tab appears when I pass the pointer over it. Apart from that these are only the appearance of having this feature on my system.

I'm going to log in from IE and see if I have the same problem...

17. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Okay- works in IE so this is definitely a FF issue...

18. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I use ff and it works fine..Ill check whatever you want if you tell me how to check it

19. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

I'm sure it goes. I'm equally sure that, given my shaky (at best) grasp of how some elements are blocked I could go a long way toward inadvertently disabling functions I make use of or opening up security holes in the inevitable process of mis-communicating what the problem might be. Until I have a firmer understanding of what extension or add-on the radio feature employs in FF and ensuring it is enabled without disrupting settings I'd rather have left alone I will be stalemated in a lukewarm quest to realize the feature without using Internet Exploiter.

20. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Right-clicking on the "block" tab and selecting "Open in new tab" launches, in addition to the tab, media player on my computer- which plays the station. It's a small workaround... and a very minor inconvenience.