new expecting mother!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by raejustrae, Jun 23, 2013.

1. raejustrae

raejustrae Member

today, i confirmed that i'm pregnant! c: i'm about 3 weeks along and i'm super duper excited (and so is my boyfriend, the daddy.)

there's so much information online and in books that it's hard to process it all. i know, i have a looooing way to go. but i want to start preparing myself now! c:

so, what do you moms think i should know about being pregnant and having the baby? i'm open to any information!

2. chrome_lace

chrome_lace Guest

<3<3<3<3<3 Congratulations!!!!!!!!! YAY MAMA. <3<3<3<3<3<3

I have a *billion* things to say about pregnancy and birth and parenting because it's my passion!!!! But, I decided to narrow it down my gigantic bubble or awareness to a few small, specific items.

1. Watch the documentary "Orgasmic Birth" because you can see how beautiful, pain-free birth is available to nearly every woman!

2. Read "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth" by Ina May Gaskin because you can read about how natural, normal and beautiful birth should be! (she's a LONG time hippie midwife and is my HERO)

3. Don't read or watch anything about painful, scary, medical, traumatic birth and ask folks not to share their traumatic experiences with you until afterwards. This does not give you an unrealistic view of labour, it actually gives a MORE realistic one!!

4. If you can afford it, hire a doula, or move here and I will be yours for free! Do some research about why doulas are so beneficial, and maybe it will lead you through all kids of wonderful research about beautiful birth!

I am SO excited for you! I am pregnant too, but I'm always this nuts about birth and babies, even when I'm not! lol