New "energy saving light bulb" sucking dollars out your pocket while asleep

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by David0301, Feb 21, 2018.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I just hear the sound of how awesome I am

morrow likes this.
  3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Go see an ENT ;)

4. David0301

David0301 Members

it does yo, I aint jokin, beware you never see it during day, because the flashing can only be seen at darkness,

5. David0301

David0301 Members

no dimmer.switch here. none

6. David0301

David0301 Members

mannnn ....

reading all these comments....

im sitting here wondering, why do I create threads like this

just for you to come and drop your loads of shyte on it

I see kaka everywhere now , all kinds of.
    squirrel kaka , sheep, gorilla kaka, even mortal kombat lord rayden shitting on it :(

who will wipe it off now ?

on my next thread I will write "keep your panties up when entering"

7. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

As far as I know, it has to be uploaded to youtube first.

David0301 likes this.
  8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Well, you wouldnt want to set it any lower ;)

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't get dimmers. Let tharr be light!

David0301 likes this.
  10. David0301

David0301 Members

just watch when you see the video ill upload, you will be like... on that profile photo :grinning:

11. David0301

David0301 Members

I see you are concerned about my pipi

but I told australian glenglen that before distilling water, when on osmosis filter, I had to get up during night at least 3 times to piss, now it is only once, dig now?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  12. All-Organic

All-Organic Members

I’ve got one, had it for years. John Lewis sell them, and you can get spares online from the Mathmos web site.

Mind you, not much good with CFL or LED bulbs!

morrow likes this.
  13. Asmodean

As i understand, these lavalamps aren't good for your energy bill either. After all, it has to heat the 'lava' with the lamp. Although every once in awhile on an evening is all bearable. It does make your room look like a whorehouse from the outside :-D
    I have one laying around somewhere too. Haven't used mine in years (couldn't get used to all the 'gentleman callers' tapping on my window :D)

I think its to set a more chill atmosphere.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  14. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

can you even measure the cost of a flash of light from a light bulb?...the original post is a complaint that these bulbs are thieves of your money....imo that cost is so goddamned low that it is ridiculous to say it would affect a budget?

y'all are arguing with the Spaniard over if the flashing even happens but I say it could flash a million times and it might cost a quarter?.....how much does it cost to go to the store and buy replacements

...david.....stop trying to control the content we create in a thread.....you don't own the threads....you are here as an UNPAID member......it is us who are putting up with you not the other way around

having said that I do enjoy your ability to hang in and go down with the ship....pay some dues and keep making threads :)...

morrow likes this.
  15. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Sorry OP, you just don't understand electrical wiring at all. Some CFL's are pure shit, that is true, I've seen a couple melt down. Aside from poor quality and much shorter lifespan than advertised, they do not steal power. The fact is that LED's and CFL's are much more efficient than filament lights. It is because they are SO POWER EFFICIENT that they will glow or flash with the slightest static or sheath current charge. I have an LED light that glows from the static charge of my touch to the metal case. I'm guessing you probably don't know what a sheath current is. Power flowing in one wire will induce an electrical charge in a nearby wire. The slightest background EM fields from any number of things can trickle charge a CFL capacitor and cause a flash. They might be telling you that you have faulty wiring but they are not stealing. Watch more science videos and less conspiracy nut vids.

16. Asmodean

^
    [​IMG]

morrow likes this.
  17. David0301

David0301 Members

yo yo yo , at least you admit/recognize that these bulbs blink. allright FOLKS did you hear?? user @rollingalong is conforming what i have said, they do FLASH, he says it isnt of much concern because just a few cents. But , i was right, now come and apologize to me sheeps,squirells, gorillas, chickens,

18. David0301

David0301 Members

i also have two of those himalayan crystal salt lamp for my bedroom, they give that sexy redy red light, lookie here:

[​IMG]

19. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

user rollingalong also pointed out that the cost of these charges isn't concerning unless one wants to be a hypocrite......come on brother....just a single uber ride to the airport demolishes the savings from not using the flashing bulbs......half a hamburger not eaten and thrown away.....a misplaced 10 dollar bill..........shoes that you don't wear into oblivion...

.there is millions of ways to squeeze a penny.....some don't make sense....pick your battles :)

20. deleted

deleted Visitor