New dreads, have questions

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by It’sJustMe, Dec 25, 2017.

1. It’sJustMe

It’sJustMe Members

thefallenone1986 likes this.
  2. fundoo

fundoo Members

3 months is a relatively short time. They'll shrink up and sometimes form those "flat spots". In time, hair will grow over and around that and it will get woven into itself.
    I sometimes cover my hair when showering, but I mostly just water wet them or shampoo anyway since I shower every couple of days. I know I wash/wet them more than some others, but as long as they dry in between washes, it's fine to do it everyday even.
    I sometimes cover my head when sleeping, but not for dreadlocked reasons. I just get cold. hehe
    And preventing clumping all you can really do it keep on top of separating them. some folks have to do it daily. Me, I separate maybe every other wash or once, twice at most, per week.

Lumps are fun! That means stuff is happening. I'd say embrace it! But if you're too concerned, and I say this hesitantly because if done wrong, this can damage the hair, you can crochet in the lumps.

Sorry this message is late. What did you end up doing?? How are they now??