NEw Artist. Who feels the love? Let 'em be known :)

Discussion in 'Music' started by forest_pixie84, Aug 26, 2005.

1. forest_pixie84

forest_pixie84 Senior Member

Are there any artists today that share the same peace and love spirit from the 60's... but, you well today? (folk if you know any.. one of my favorites :)

2. JoneeEarthquake

JoneeEarthquake Member

String Cheese Incident. They are awesome. I think its what your looking for.

3. dacassdawg

dacassdawg Member

love stringcheese! asmbly of dust i really good too, have you heard of them?

4. forest_pixie84

forest_pixie84 Senior Member

nope but I'll look them up

5. samson

samson Hepcat

shameless promotions, something I never do, but I play with a group that does a great lot of 60s tunes, including a ton of Janis Joplin. We are often asked to play as a 60s or Janis tribute, and easily add our original material in without anyone knowing or caring. I even got a good word about us from Janis' own former band.

if you like click my name and check out samsons homepage. I dont wanna be so tawdry as to lay out some website addy in a post.

Also, there is a guy out there in the midwest doing Hendrix tunes really well, his name is Craigger White. If you can see him live, its worth the trip, plus hes a cool dude. He all BUT set his axe on fire when I saw him!

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Folk?
    If you mean the essence of music as message (which most folk is) try these good folks:
    Ellis Paul www.ellispaul.com
    Don Conoscenti www.doncon.com
    Tha Muse Meant www.thamusemeant.net
    and my article on them: http://www.angelfire.com/music/hooperchick/6.html
    The entire Frogville records crew: www.Frogvilleplanet.com

Xavier Rudd seems to have it, Jim Page has it with a wickedly funny twist
    The Guthrie family is still bereeding lyrical and musical geniouses: Sarah Lee and Abe are both making professional music. See "Sh*t Makes the Flowers Grow."

for less folk sounds see our various jambands threads
    http://hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107149&highlight=jamband
    and more

7. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Monte Montgomery, Steve Kimock Band, Xavier Rudd, Keller Williams, New Monsoon, Robert Cray Band, Mofro, Aquarium Rescue Unit, moe., ALO, Umphrey's McGee, Yonder Mountain String Band, Devendra Banhart, Beck, Primus, Gov't Mule, Ween, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Jonny Lang, Keb Mo, Tom Paxton, Derek Trucks Band, Frogwings, Oteil & the Peacemakers, Sonny Landreth, John Hiatt & the Goners...

8. Orsino2

9. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Orsino: just a taunt: I just saw today (Sun), Afrobeat (used to be Fela Kuti's back up)
    AND Fareed Haque.
    I AM suffering a heinous sunburn... I guess everything has its price.

10. Micha

Micha Now available in Verdana!

George Snow is my fave ever.

11. Bassist

Bassist Gate crasher!

definately...

12. Orsino2

Yeah, I was all sunburned this Summer. I haven't been to any shows in awhile, but I'm waiting for fall tours to start going... hopefully have Keller and STS9 coming up.

13. Orsino2

[​IMG] Want a cookie?

14. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

wow so many amazing artists and groups have been mentioned. I don't think Ekoostik Hookah has been mentioned though, one of my new faves. Garaj Mahal too, that fusion of jazz, psych, jam..ahhhhh, very soothing, lounge style music but def. has that spirit..ratdog....xavier rudd I saw in another post..maybe this one? sorry if someone else mentioned him... wow, but a lot of amazing music has been listed already.

and yah keller williams and micheal franti & spearhead for sure like everyone else has been saying..amazing messages.