new anti drug commercial that pisses me off

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Eden, May 20, 2004.

1. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i was just reading through freevibes stories and came across this -

that has to be the funniest thing i have seen all day

2. 7leafclover

7leafclover Member

I hate all of those ignorant commercials. They all couldnt be farther from the truth and falsley make stoners look like complete inconsiderate morons. Its Bullshit.

3. DiffKettleOfFish

DiffKettleOfFish Kickin' it

Dude, that was the funniest thing I've read all day. I literally ;aughed out loud. :-D

4. marquee

marquee Member

They put anti-drug commercials on tv because they know today's youth wastes their lives watching tv 8 hours a day. Regardless of whether they listen to the commercial or not their minds are bound to rot, why not be happy while it happens?

5. luv2behigh

luv2behigh Member

not to mention you let your little toddler sister drown in the family swimming pool while the parents were away because pot makes you irresponsible and forgetful.

6. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

I forgot how to swim. Infact I forgot how to see.

7. luv2behigh

luv2behigh Member

nice job
    sports while high is good

8. mjoda

mjoda Member

no no no!

The best one by far is the one where the kid is talking and he's saying something like "yeah, weed's not so bad, my brother smokes it all the time and he never went to jail, he didn't get in trouble, he didn't kill anyone, he didn't forget his swimmeet, he didn't ....(all this shit)" blah blah, "infact, he never really did anything" And then there's the brother like living in the basement watching tv or something. I laugh everytime I see that.

9. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

yea, the one where the kids brother lives in the basement is the best. its been on for a while too. it must be a classic by now.

10. Lodo

Lodo Member

the funniest thing about these comercials is just how blatently unlogical they are. my fav is the one where the kids are smoking a bong in one of their dad's office. first off, no teenager would smoke a bong without spoof/other smell gaurd just out in the open like that, least of all in their dad's office! the proof that this bullshit propoganda is working occured to me a few months ago. i was at a friends house and we were babysitting his mom's boyfriend's son. we asked him to leave the room and go watch tv cause we didnt want him to get a contact because he is too young. he said "YOU GUYS! weed is terrible, you guys are going to kill each other! please dont do it!" .......... it really is sad

11. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Remember "Nick and Norm" where the two guys would be sitting in a restaurant or something...I don't know. I hated them.

12. AreYouExperienced

AreYouExperienced American Victim

LOL, are you serious? What kind of message is that?? What was she supposed to be about sparking up a Doob? :confused:

If anything, she could've been kidnapped, raped, died in a car crash who knows what! Those scenarios are much more likely.. That reminds me of that Mitch Hedberg quote:

"When you go to a restaurant on the weekends and it's busy they start a waiting list. They start calling out names, they say "Dufrane, party of two. Dufrane, party of two." And if no one answers they'll say their name again. "Dufrane, party of two, Dufrane, party of two." But then if no one answers they'll just go right on to the next name. "Bush, party of three." Yeah, what happened to the Dufranes. No one seems to give a shit. Who can eat at a time like this - people are missing. You fuckers are selfish....the Dufranes are in someone's trunk right now, with duct take over their mouths, and they're hungry. Bush, search party of three, you can eat when you find the Dufranes.

ROFL :D

13. bertrose

bertrose Member

Dude, i hate that one where the guy is in the basement...its so stupid...LIke the kid just DOESN"T DO ANYTHING...u don't smoke weed 24 hours a day unless ur like 100% tolerant to it, u smoke enough to get high...then u just stop...if u could do it 24 hours a day...u'd pass out before u could get past the first like i don't know half of the day...PLUS!! with all that pot hes smoking where does it get it?!!? his parents wouldn't support his habit..and assuming he doesn't DO anything, he doesn't have a job. and why the hell would he need his brother to get his wallet? that wallet loooked pretty scrony to have anything more then a couple dollars in it...what would he get with that money? like .3 grams? I just don't see logic in any propaganda commercial...people think drugs kill...only the legal drugs kill...caffeine, alcohol, tobacco...weed doesn't kill anybody so why the hell would u compare that to someone drowning?! and if u would REALLY wanna be a friend to someone that smokes pot, u'd listen to them when they say that it isn't harmful...and you wouldn't care...and even try it for urself, instead of making ur friends life helll by making them go to a rehab center for something that isn't addicting...

stupid propaganda!

peace

14. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

I would say, judging by the responses above, that these commercials are not really saying anything to the people they are targeting. Such propaganda SHIT.

15. white ginger

white ginger Senior Member

if these commercials are really bothering you, pretend that they are made by stoners to entertain you :D

16. BuddyBuds

BuddyBuds Member

Whatever happened to the gold old "this is your brain, this is your brain on drugs, any questions?" you guys remember those commercials? i think i was pretty young when they were on

17. nightmarehippygirl

nightmarehippygirl LEVI'S MOMMY

this thread is too funny. i haven't seen some of these commercials, i'm going to have to watch more tv so i can see em. i have seen the swim team one though, and it occurs to me that most of the kids i knew that were potheads weren't on the swimteam anyway....so i guess that's another way they don't make a helluva lot of sense. my fav is the basement guy. he's great.
    i actually do have a friend from high school who should marry the basement guy...she's 23 now, and she really is like that...it cracks me up. she's such a stereotype.

18. KaR

KaR Member

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

19. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

ya its fuking stupid like the rest of those commercials

20. ncsu123

ncsu123 Member

I just think their all funny, i usally just smile :)