new age 13 year old hippy?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by modernhippy14, Jun 4, 2004.

1. modernhippy14

modernhippy14 Member

My real name is Crystal but so that when i leave home no one will know me from my home i am changing my name to Elizabeth so you can call me by that
    i am 13 years old and i am wondering my friends all tell me i should have been a hippy and my parents think i will be a hippy when i get older because i want to travel the states (and world if can) and change the world bring forth the truth and create a new world....lol....i even wanted to get one of those little buses and paint it not just different colors but make a picture a pricture of love and dance music and peace all in one picture.... it is a crazy dream of mine and well its hard to explain because my friends all call me "punk" because i am crazy and spontanious i love to dance in anyway to any music i love art (obssesed should say) and i care about every one and thing i am a vegetarian and have been for about a year and a half i hadnt ever seen the real cruelty in the death of poor creatures that are born and raised only for that person and then people say we should feel better because of that and it makes me feel worse that the economy will send a man to jail for murdering a human but death to a defensless creature such as a cow or chicken or a cute pig isnt even recognized it is ridiculous but thats not the point i liked the "hippy era" i believe that what the hippies were doing all the movements and fights for anti-war world were great and the government is still trying to recover from it and i think if we were all as involved as they were then our world would be more........ uhh how do i say it REAL i just wanted to know from what yall know am i a hippy im only 13 and i am really confused am i a modernhippy? :confused: :) have a nice day,
    modernhippy14 (Elizabeth)

2. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

dude thats awsome. im a hippie too and im 14. but i wouldnt consider myself modern. being a vegitarian is kewl but i gots to have my meat. but yea you are very kewl.

3. modernhippy14

modernhippy14 Member

thanks but would you really consider me a hippy thats what im asking in all that jumble of words and being vegetarian is pretty cool i used to be obsessed with meat to i couldnt live without it but i gave it up and im glad i did i have been looking alot better i and im not as sick as much and i have gotten into eating more salads which is now one of my fav foods but i love fries more well id like to get to know you better

4. Spiral Sea

Spiral Sea Member

i could call you a hippy but you are just as cool without the label:)

5. modernhippy14

modernhippy14 Member

thanx yall al sound cool too

6. modernhippy14

modernhippy14 Member

how old are you spiral?

7. Bassplayerjojo

Bassplayerjojo Member

Nice to have you here modernhippy =)

8. peaceful420

peaceful420 Member

You know, at 13, you have no idea who you are. You've still got a lot of growing up to do, so don't plan out your whole life now. I totally agree w/your beliefs, but I know from experience that, at 13, your wants and beliefs can change so quickly. Go w/your heart now, but don't try to revolve around what people tell you. If someone tells you to be something, would you? Be your own person, and don't listen to anyone who calls you one of those stupid little jr. high nicknames. Think about what you want. You'll never succeed in life if you listen to what everyone else says about you instead of what you say about yourself. Trust me on this, my years are full of wisdom from being young and stupid.

9. modernhippy14

modernhippy14 Member

thanx for ther advice but i am being who i am thanx

10. lover/young_peace

lover/young_peace Senior Member

you sound like a hip gal to me. in fact, you sound a little like me, (although i am alas not veggietarian, hell i cant even spell it;) )

but i too want to travel around the country in a big painted funked out bus. and ive also wondered if im a true hippy. Because i think "hippies" totally rock, and it kinda offends some if you call yourself a hippy, plus the word has different connotations depending on who you are and how you were raised.

so i just call myself Katie, and let people think what they want. and if they call me a hippy well i will not be the least bit offended.

anyway you seem like a cool girl. welcome to hipforums. beware its addictive.

rock on.

and thats that.

11. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Crystal's a nice name too.... My real name is Sabrina, and for ages I hated it, but I grew to like it... Welcome nonetheless!

12. music-lover

music-lover Member

Listen....You are the very first person that i have come across that wants to do the exact same thing as me...I jsut got into this arts school, and I'm into that kinda stuff too... So thats my dream..My goal is to travel to as many places as i can...I don't care what people say to me, and i dont care if they think that im crazy..Its my dream and i plan on acheiving my goals...I recently met Deep Purple so my other goals are to meet the remaining members of Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd! I love music..All that stuff is far out..Anyway, yes i think that you are a hippy, and jsut keep doing what your'e doing because you're being you, and you're doing a great job at it! I also was wondering if I'm "Hippy-ish" enough, but now I dont even care what others think....I love myself, I love everyone around me, And I love mother Nature...I jsut basically love everything in the world... And theres nothing anybody can do about it...so don't worry about what other people think..Just be yourself...and if you wanna acheive that goal of yours to travel the states....go for it....go crazy with that hippy bus... HECK buy bell-bottoms if you feel the need... but jsut be yourself!
    Peace ( By the way, my real name is Joanna) :p

13. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

i think i wasa hippy when i was 9..but i tried to be a punk & a few other things first..but yea..your definately a hippy at heart.. modern hippy though? hmm the hippy erra never really did end.. just evolved.. sure the overlying times have changed & the hippy movement if u call it that isnt as odvious these days.. but the 60's planted a seed that will never die..& theres been a continuing awakinning ever since..it may takea century or so before the dreams are realized.. but i beleive the true hippy erra is still yet to come

14. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

15. peaceloveandmusic

peaceloveandmusic Member

Im also thirteen, and i listen to all the acid and classic rock. im different from other 13 year olds, and i have my issues with society. i consider my self a hippy, and i think i was born into the wrong generation. i compliment you on giving up meat, although i would never harm an animal with my own hands i cant denie being a meat eater.

16. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

Hullo there, hope you have fun here, welcome to hip forums...

17. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

meat is actualy the easiest thing in the world to give up..unless your parents arent supportie & refuse to buy anything without meat in it..
    aftrer just a few months the idea..the smell..the sight of it willmake you feel sick to your stomach..after a year..1 bite will give you a fever & make you empty ypur guts..your simply not physicaly designed to digest it..& after the tiny lil bugs in your intestines that break it down into a digestible form (ie bug shit) die off, your body rejects it violiontly like a piosion
    i accidently ate meat twice in the past 22 years & both times 20 minutes later had sa very high fever..shaking.. my whole body felt toxic..untill i managed to puke out every last bit then i felt fine.
    unpleasant yes..but not as bad as what meat does to you..i dont want to gross yaout..so do your owwn research..& research how the "meat" came to become meat..& u will decide forr yourself i am sure

18. Shampoo

Shampoo Banned

I also am 13 and a vegitarian and like you I don't know if i am a hippy or not i just call it my hippy phase