Nes Classic To Be Re-Released

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SpacemanSpiff, Jul 16, 2016.

?

will you be aquiring one?

1. yep

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. nope

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  1. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Oh Ok, I didn't play one of those games. I remember the Ninja Gaiden series being near impossible so I'm pretty sure it didn't have save. Ninja Turtles was pretty brutal on NES as well, maybe it had something to do with titles that contained "Ninja" or something.

1 person likes this.
  2. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

yeah i definitely never beat ninja gaiden (maybe it was #2), and ninja turtles was hard as fuck once you got to the underwater part.

battletoads too...don't think i ever beat it.

DID ANYONE EVER PLAY AIRFORTRESS on nes? i would pay money to try that game again. it was like flying a little space ship from left to right...and getting out and shooting.

oh shit! only now do i remember that. and i'm finding it hilarious.
    that caused some real anxiety back in the day.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i'm not completely sure what my first game was, i was really young at the time. i think we got the super mario/duck hunt that came with a lot of NES systems, but i also think we may have gotten joust at the same time. so i guess my actual first may have been any one of those three.

i loved that game so much at the time. but have you tried to play it since? i don't know if any game has ever held up so poorly. i have much better things to do with my time than chip away at slimes for 1hp damage per hit for 2 hours before i'm even strong enough to try the first dungeon.

4. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

just putting this out there, the reviews on amazon have this product on the ground.

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

the reviews from amazon are from people who are pissed that they didnt get one

people that bought on amazon dont even have their shit yet

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You mostly only ever read bad reviews anyway. :D

7. Punch-Out isn't the same without Mike Tyson, and yes I can beat Mike Tyson. My fingers are speedy enough to knock him out.

I don't believe that anyone can beat Zelda II without a Game Genie or some kind of guide to get through it. I say you're lying.

8. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

No its not an atari system I was saying it was also aneed atari cartridge

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You can just screw around with emulators anyway.

Never bothered with NES but have for emulator for several PS1 games.

Not that I spent much time playing them, and outgrown that shit really

10. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Holy shit! They're sold out everywhere and selling for over $200 on ebay. I guess there's more people nostalgic for this thing than they thought.

I'm curious to see what hacks come out for this. I'm sure someone is trying to dump and decode the TSOP flash as I type this. It's basically a very stripped down Android TV box; running an Allwinner cortex A7 processor, measly 256MB RAM and 512MB Flash memory. In other words, this is software emulation. As I said before, you can get a TV box for a little over $20 shipped that will run countless thousands of games. Obviously people are buying these for the Nintendo brand and nostalgic look. But aside from the cute plastic shell, there is very little hardware value inside this thing. For the price they could have easily added a little cartridge port inside a working door and had it also run Gameboy carts or something.

11. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Some games had a battery in the cartridge and the game would have an in-game save feature. Zelda and SM3 are ones that I remember having a battery.
    and when the battery died, you were screwed..If it didn't have a battery, you couldn't save it. Not sure how the hold reset would save a game if you cut all power to the console/cartridge. As far as I know that type of memory chip had not been invented yet.;)
    The closest thing at the time was computer BIOS chips, but they could only retain the info hardwired, any edited settings would be lost if there were not a constant trickle of power to the chip.
    (it sucked trying to reconfigure a BIOS because the button battery died whenever you had no idea what the original settings were)
    I have a console and about 50 games, last time I checked.
    I also have about 4-6 Super Mario Bros 3 cartridges around here somewhere still wrapped in original cellophane. sure the batteries have died by now.

12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

13. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I remember reading the manual when I got it for Christmas back in 85. It said the battery lasts 5 years and I said to my mom "oh no the battery in it dies after 5 years" she laughed and said we will worry about that when it happens.
    Sure enough I beat the game in less than a year and never played it again after that first year.

14. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

This is kinda different. The 1 out of 5 stars reviews make up 90% of all the current reviews.

15. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

16. Lady Shadow

Lady Shadow Art is But a Shadow of the Divine Perfection

Other than the fact that it looks cool there is no real need for it. Just get an emulator for your PC and get all the old games you want. Makes life easy.

17. lovely0

lovely0 Member

I bought one for my cousin, he displays it more than he plays it, he likes his nostalgic stuff :)

18. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

and with massive unsatisfied demand they discontinued it

nintendo must be ran by retards

i never did get one...

1 person likes this.
  19. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

supposedly they are re-re-releasing more new stock of the nes classic this friday

i ended up getting the snes classic version...which shares the basic innards and has already been hacked so its easy to remove the shitty games and add whatever roms you want

i prefer the super nes games anyway

20. Nah. Doesn't even have Paper Boy. I see it has Punch Out, but not even Mike Tyson's Punchout. What's the point if you can't beat Tyson?