Nes Classic To Be Re-Released

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SpacemanSpiff, Jul 16, 2016.

?

will you be aquiring one?

1. yep

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. nope

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  1. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

will you buy one ?

I think i will...Im a sucker for things that remind me of my youth

it will look like a mini version of the iconic NES but games will be built in (no cartridge mechanism)...controllers will be the same size as original

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAGVilt3Rls

http://screenrant.com/mini-nintendo-nes-classic-console-announced/

[​IMG]

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/14/12187296/nintendo-nes-classic-edition-announced-price-games

[​IMG]

expected price is
    59$ US
    79$ CAN
    99$ AUS

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

No I will not buy one because if there are no cartridges, then there is no way to blow on the games to get them to work again once they start skipping and freezing.

Quality list of games though.

3 people like this.
  3. deleted

deleted Visitor

no Contra .. :(

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Never played on the original. I started with the N64. Never had a serious interest in getting any of the older consoles, nor a re-release. I hope you enjoy the crap out of it though! :)

1 person likes this.
  5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

and no 1942 or cobra triangle

1 person likes this.
  6. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

I can just use a NES/SNES emulator on my PC with a controller adapter for free, so no.

7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think no. But I do remember some of those games. Namely Bubble Bobble, and Super Mario 2 and 3.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

nah, i use an emulator for any classic games i want to play. the controller's not the same, but honestly i think going back to the NES controller would be pretty uncomfortable at this point anyway.

plus, with an emulator i can finally beat those ridiculously hard games like zelda 2 and battletoads, thanks to the ability to save anywhere. (to be honest, i still can't beat battletoads. i got pissed and gave up in the underwater level last time i tried; shit happens so fast there's not even time to reach up and hit the save button in the middle of it all)

1 person likes this.
  9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

NES and Sega Genesis are the only two home game consoles I've ever played. My favorite game for NES was Zelda II.

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

11. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

No, I will not be getting it. All Nintendo can do is sell you nostalgia. They are stuck in the 1980's and they have never moved past it because after the 80's you didn't want a Nintendo anymore. Maybe you had a SNES in the 90's but their competition at the time Sega sold themselves as the big boy game maker and it worked. The N64 comes out and they are still using a cartage why? It's more expensive to manufacture and is unable to hold as much as a CD. This is why I was a PS1 guy. It had the cool mature games you wanted and it had the medium to bring it to you. I have even heard Nintendo plans to make their new console cartage based because there will be no load times. They have no clue at all. While that is true in exchange for the load time you get much more game.

Nintendo is not willing open it's council to the kind of third party development that you need to be successful. They are too afraid of having their vision ruined so it's the same games over and over. More Mario, More Zelda. I will leave the NES in the past where it belongs.

12. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I havent ever really liked Nintendo so NO I will not get one.......

I love my Atari 2600 and Colecovision however :)

13. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Not unless I find one at a thrift store for $5. I already have a real NES front loader, I also have 4 or 5 famiclone "NES on a chip" games with dozens of build in games (they actually say thousands of games but repeat after 30 or so). I also play NES emulators on my PC and Android TV boxes.

1 person likes this.
  14. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I might get this to play The Legend Of Zelda.

15. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

It looks like is uses wii nunchuck type controller connectors. I'd be more impressed if it was just USB standard ports.

16. gentle_dissident

gentle_dissident Members

I've got a 2600 and Intellivision EMU, but I never got into NES other than the zapper.

17. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

18. gentle_dissident

gentle_dissident Members

But will the zapper work?

19. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

No, zappers don't work on modern TV's. But some emulators let you use a mouse pointer as a zapper.

And if you had one of those gyroscopic "air mouse", that work sort of like a wii remote, that might feel a lot like a zapper gun.

20. gentle_dissident

gentle_dissident Members

No sympathy for the deadeyes.

BTW, I was trying to be funny. However, a zapper works with my CRT.