Nervous Newbie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by BornInTheWrongGenera, May 9, 2004.

1. BornInTheWrongGenera

BornInTheWrongGenera Member

But I'm always nervous when I start posting at a new board. lol

Anyway, hi all! My name is Ginger (but most call me Gin or Ginge). I've been lurking around these parts for quite some time now, and I finally mustered up the moxy to start posting. :)

About me: I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico and am just finishing up my junior year at UNM, majoring in Communications and minoring in Psychology. I'm really shy (to the point where it's annoying), and I would very much describe myself as a hippy-geek. I enjoy simple things like flowers, peace, happiness, and animals. Also, the geek in me loves the internet (of course!), reading (I'm currently reading LOADS of self-learning books on how to speak Japanese), Tolkien's Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and collecting action figures from my favorite movies/books. I'm also really fanatical about all Quentin Tarantino movies. As violent as they are, I think he's a brilliant filmmaker with a knack for great, witty dialog. But my biggest love is music. I absolutely adore The Beatles, and generally any kind of music that emerged from the 60s (Bob Dylan, The Who, Janis Joplin, Aretha Franklin, The Temptations, The Rolling Stones, The Doors...the list goes on). Music is my love, and if I could marry it I would. :)

I would go on, but I'm really not all that interesting. lol In a nutshell, I just wanted to say 'hi', and finally let everyone know that I think this place is just great. :)

2. BornInTheWrongGenera

Oh, I just noticed that my screen name is stretching the board. I'm sorry about that. I'll change it if it's bothering anyone. :eek:

3. SunFree

SunFree Member

Hey there, and welcome! I love lord of the rings/quentin tarantino, too :) If we hadn't had all this business with the shifting forums, you could see for yourself by my signature my Beatle obsession, but I guess you'll just have to take my word for it now. I hope you enjoy your stay!

4. BornInTheWrongGenera

Hi SunFree! Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

Yeah, I've noticed a bit of craziness going on with the new board and all. lol I hope everyone is able to get things settled soon.

Oh, and I believe you when you say you dig The Beatles. How can one NOT love those guys? :D

5. Thethirdbenjamin

Thethirdbenjamin Member

Don't warry about fitting in almost everyone gets along, that is as long as you don't start any trouble.

But overally you seam pretty friendly and open glad to see you here at Hipforurms.

6. chandra anjali

chandra anjali Member

:) Love :)
    welcome. your name is fine.

7. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

Welcome, Ginger! *hugs*

8. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

welcome :) :);)

9. BornInTheWrongGenera

Thank you so much, guys! *hugs* Now I feel silly for being so nervous about posting. :p

10. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

nervous are we? ah... prepare the hazing rituals....

kidding...

(am I?)

Welcome nonetheless.... :)

11. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

i love animals, too!

12. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

you should watch out for certain individuals around here.

13. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

Yes, there could be reason for nervousness, but we will comfort you if anybody is mean. Welcome.

14. NeoPascal

NeoPascal Member

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooo newbie!

and dont change ur name, i like it... actually i kinda wish i thought of it first

15. cuddlebug

cuddlebug Member

truu, love the name... never change it lol

16. Bug_Man

Bug_Man Banned

Whispers is right. Tread lightly and watch out for the poo piles.

17. Erunhere

Erunhere Member

Wow... I also love Japoneese, I went in Japan in an international summer village with CISV... I alzo love Tolkien and all that... I am am member on lotr plaza... well I haven't been there 4 a while... that meenz more than a month... well u get the ideea