Neither Left nor Right?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PoeticPeacenik, Sep 7, 2020.

1. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

I'm not left or right, I try to pick least of two evils.

2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

3. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

You have to watch it until the ... end.

Bravo ! Dr. Seuss !

From Wikipedia - about Dr Seuss...

So a mixed record for the Doctor... but he is also know for endowing this wonderful library on the Campus of the UC San Diego in La Jolla, where he lived.

[​IMG]

I spent a bit of time in this upside down library! A wonderful campus, a wonderful place.

4. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Dr Seuss was a very clever man, I never knew whether his doctorate was academic or medical, but he had very clear views on the failure of all political systems.
    In many ways, the UK democracy was far closer to communism than most parts of the world, particularly the US. Perhaps this is why Adolph Hitler did not want to involve us in WW2 and we have been seen by Russia as a major bridge to other western political systems. I am always of the opination that communism NOT born out of revolution could be made to work.

My favourite Dr Seuss book has always been Sneetches, since the climate runs alongside Silvester McMonkey McBean. In many ways, it is true of todays western democracy,

~Zen~ likes this.
  5. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Interesting how those professing ideals of the left use the word HATE

Cello Song likes this.
  6. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, I hate all self-serving scumbag 'nasty party' members !!!

themnax likes this.
  7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i think "the right" tars and feathers the left over tiny shadows of their own wrong doing, because all to often, their hatred of logic leaves them with too little else to offer.

what matters more then any ideology or economics, belief or anything else, is the kind of world we create for each other and how we create it.
    this is not ideology for its own sake, however much those with nothing positive to offer attempt to label and depict it as one.

its not the little green pieces of paper that are unhappy, and the only traditions that i feel are justified, because in a sense most of them have environment at their root, are indigenous traditions.

i believe in asking the next question, and when someone says "conservative" i have to ask "conserve what?"
    when they have an answer, and its something positive, that may be fine as far as that particular context goes.

just when its used as an excuse to discard logic, consideration and logic in the service of consideration, then it becomes something better off without.

8. Michael1985

Michael1985 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I think most reasonable people go to the left on some issues and right on others. I think just about everyone ends up somewhere on one side or the other and no one can ever really be right down the middle.

Cello Song likes this.
  9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

The thing that I've noticed is that I'm wrapped up in the divisiveness of us vs. them.

I understand the left and right. I lean left. But I feel there's a problem - we tend to be too competitive, latching onto everything and anything "left" or "right" simply to spite the other side.

I think when we let ourselves get to absorbed in the fiasco, we become a puppet; and it's bad.

What do I think should happen? I believe in education, and there's a difference between being educated about something and merely thinking you're educated about something.

In a given circumstance, ask yourself what are the outcomes of your positions? If you're satisfied with those outcomes, by all means exercise your right to free speech! :)

What often enough seems to surface though is some ideological divide where someone irregardless of the outcome is voicing their adamant support of this or that.

Cello Song likes this.
  10. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

I strongly believe in human rights (in no particular order); women's rights, LGBT rights, immigrant rights, POC rights, indigenous rights, religious minority rights, et alia infinitum. I strongly believe in government by the people, for the people, and with the people; that everyone on the inclusive list above is entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, including fair wages, health care, education, housing, and retirement. I strongly believe that everyone is entitled to equal protection under the law, regardless of race, creed, sexual identity/preference, age, disability, religion, national origin, whatever. I strongly believe that the greatness of a nation is measured by the freedom of their most oppressed minority, not by how many bombs they drop on defenseless civilians.
    Everything I strongly believe in is anathema to the Reich Wing which is working hammer & tong to destroy everything I believe in and install a Fascist theocratic oligarchy, so fuck yeah I'm a Leftist! What else could I be?

I also strongly believe that fence-sitters are immature self-absorbed cowards.

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality."
    Dante Alighieri

11. Cello Song

Cello Song Members

I believe in Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.