Neil Gaiman

Discussion in 'Books' started by SweeperOfDreams13, May 9, 2004.

1. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

Well, I've posted about this dude a while back on the old forum, but didn't get much of a response... so I'm trying again.

So has anyone ever read any of his stuff? He's a very talented writer and most people I've talked to about him (me included) really enjoyed his books.
    Some of my favourites are
    - Neverwhere
    - Good Omens
    - American Gods

I think that everyone should read at least one book written by Neil Gaiman.

Peace&Love

2. BornInTheWrongGenera

BornInTheWrongGenera Member

I LOVE Neil Gaiman! :D The Sandman Comics are just wonderful! I can't remember who, but someone said they are "comics for the intellectual." They're just fantastic. <3

I've also read American Gods, which was fabulous, and Coraline, which managed to scare the daylights out of me even though it's a children's story. lol But I actually listened to his narration of it, and I think it was the way he told the story that sent chills down my spine.

But yes, the man is a genius! :)

3. lovelyweapon

lovelyweapon Member

Neil Gaiman is one of my favorite authors! I agree, everyone should read at least one thing by him. I just finished American Gods again - it is a great book.

4. turtlefriend

turtlefriend Member

My favorite Gaiman is Stardust...It's like a fairytale for adults that just sweeps you away, it's absolutely wonderful escapism.

5. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

I own a copy of american gods, but I have'nt read it yet. Ill get to it sometime

6. octofryed

octofryed Member

i loved seeing this thread... neil gaiman is probably my favorite author. the sandman series is amazing and i've read the entire series a few times.

has anyone seen the movie based on neverwhere? i saw the dvd for sale but it was really expensive.

7. Happy David

Happy David Member

Baby Cakes is the creepiest short I've ever read. It's given me chills each time I've read it.

8. raised_by_a_cup_of_c

raised_by_a_cup_of_c Member

neil gaiman is super awesome.

I posted a question " does anyone know what book my sig came from?" no one responded, but i'm glad to see I'm not the only fan.

9. talula

talula Member

Neverwhere is prolly the weirdest book I have ever read, I loved it. And Good Omens was just wicked funny, loved that one too. I also like Neil cause he and Tori Amos are such good friends ;)

10. ihzui

ihzui Member

I LOVE GAIMAN. XD Which reminds me - I need to finish American Gods.. I've read Stardust and Neverwhere and some of his Sandman series..what I can find of it in this dusthole that's Middle Georgia anyway. I'm rather disappointed; he mentioned something a few years ago about making Neverwhere into a movie but I don't think he ever went through with it. Anyone know what's up with that?
    :confused: