needles

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Mr MiGu, May 31, 2004.

1. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

anyone here afraid of needles? how come?

i just got some blood taken. watching the needle disapear under my skin was no problem, it didnt even really hurt that much. She took 5 test tubes of blood, and by number 2 or 3 i felt like shit. really light headed, felt like i was gonna pass out. I still kinda feel like that. IM disapointed. I dont seem to be getting that rush that I got when getting pierced.

2. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i don't mind peircing and tattooing but i hate needles otherwise. specially the kind you use to shoot up heroin BLEH i can't even watch people in movies shoot up, it makes me nauseous............. :(

3. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Fortunately, I can handle needles. I have to give myself a weekly shot for 6 months. I have 2 months down, 4 to go.

4. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

I HATE needles!!! ugh whenever i get shots i almost faint.. the idea of a long skinny thing peircing my skin is sick as hell ugh now im cringing from the thought of it.. i hate peircings too.. and tattoos.. i dont mind if someone else has them but im not into self mutilation

5. Hippy_Smurf

Hippy_Smurf Member

The only needles that bother me are thew big bastards they use when you donate blood. I'm only small so I could feel it going in and it made my arm ache as the blood was flowing through...ack.

6. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Well, if you like feeling lightheaded from that, you should donate blood! They take a whole pint! Seriously, you don't get the rush from piercings because you don't lose so much blood. That's where the lightheadedness comes from.
    I give blood every 90 days. Needles don't bother me. Unless the nurse has no idea what she is doing. When I had my first baby, the nurse tried to put the IV in my arm and blew two veins before she got it in one. THAT hurts. But, when you've been stuck as many times as I have, they don't bother you at all.

7. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

i had my ears pierced twice, as well as my nose and eyebrow and 3 tattoos. but i still freak out when i have to have blood drawn or a shot or something, even if it's a little pinprick. wheni was pregnant with my son and toxemic, i had to have blood drawn several times a day. that was pure hell.

8. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

im afraid of em i dunno why they just kinda freak me out

9. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

i'm not afraid of them.....they just disgust me....

after living with a junkie for nearly two years....it makes me sick to think of them....

10. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

I've had tons of piercings done but when it comes time for shots or drawing blood I flip out. The last time it happened I hyperventalated and they got impatient and I had to wait.

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

children are always lied to that it will not cause pain instead of being honestly told it will cause a small amount of pain now to prevent a large amount of pain later, as if somehow that would be beyond their understanding, an assumption both assinign and unfounded. our skin exists for a purpose and violating its integrety is something rightfully looked upon with well justified scepticism. every puncture carries the potential for infection and other unintended forms of harm, and of course injecting anything into the bloodstream even more so. so FEAR of them as such may not be entirely rational or neccessary, a good healthy scepticism of the overindulgence in using them certainly IS.

12. FireQuint

FireQuint Member

I don't mind the pain. What pisses me off is dumbshit nurses who can't do it right the first time.

13. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I used to be when I was younger. but now I am not :)

14. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

i only hate the ones u get in your mouth at the dentist

15. alex714

alex714 To the Left

i never used to be, and then i gained a fear for them but those dentist ones i dont mind so much
    but the other day, i was in the hospital for 4 hours with my dad and i watched them take blood from him with needles and now thinking about needles doesnt scare me anymore so i think i could most definitly handle them now.

16. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

hahaha that happened to me once i dam near slapped that nurse took her 3 times to get it rite

17. Althea

Althea Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I have a tattoo, piercings (most have closed up) and it never bothered me. I'm not gonna say I'm WILD about needles, I mean if I had a choice I wouldn't CHOSE to be stuck by one, but there are times they are necessary. I've had those whomper coritsone shots in my back and shoulder (for bursitis) and they hurt a bit (I've had a ton of other "killer" shots too). The worst for me is givin' blood though. My veins are hard to find (that's hereditary, btw). My mom and grandma (who have the same problem) told me to ALWAYS ask for a Butterfly needle (it's much smaller -- used for children). MAN, did that make a difference!! If anyone else has this type of problem ya should ask the Phlebotomist to use a Butterfly needle.

18. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

To be honest, i kind of like needles. They really kinda cool. Not good, just they feel interesting. I really don't see why people have a problem with them.

19. Sunnie

Sunnie Jes-Jes

needles for piercings,tattoos,drawing blood or immunizations don't bother me. but heroine needles freak me out to the max.

20. sweet_mama

sweet_mama Member

You know, I used to be terrified of needles...I mean really scared. Don't know why. Just thinking about having blood taken would make me sick. But I had my baby 2 months ago and I had complications so they had to put me on 4 I.V.'s and constantly take my blood. And my veins are small and deep so it always takes them a while to find one, which means a lot of poking. After all of that, I can honestly say that I am over my fear. So I am kinda happy that it happened, I guess, since I won't act like a baby next time I have to get blood taken.