Need some guidance. Need to do something about the cops.

Discussion in 'Activism' started by PonyGrl420, Aug 19, 2013.

1. PonyGrl420

PonyGrl420 Member

I've lived all over, I've been young and stupid and mouthed off to cops. I've never been treated the way I have by the police here though! Its from the various towns and sheriffs around here, not just one department.
    My friend was handcuffed and smashed into a hood of a car for politley asking why we were being yelled at to leave a place we had permission to be. I was threatened with jail for trying to talk to a cop about a childs saftey. I'm not the only person who's had these experiences. Then there is the general rudeness in simple interactions. There was some media attention a year or so ago for excissive force after a guy who was trying to corporate ended up in the hospital. The Fbi came in and took over a small town w an extremely high murder rate basically saying the police were incompetent.

I want to do something about this. I want to make a stink and have the rite people hear it. I've been googling it but haven't really found any good direction.

Can someone give me some guidance on where to start, who to go to?

2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

start by having some respect for the police....there is plenty of very cool people in law enforcement....to assume all cops are a problem is just crazy

I have lived in the criminal element most of my life....I have met lots of cool popo

every police department has a way to lodge a complaint....

many times the popo themselves are glad to see a particular co-worker go bye-bye because one bad popo gives all popo a bad name....as it did with you

your spiel about the child safety thing needs explaining because i'm guessing the popo saw the situation differently

also....if you get a name for being difficult there is nothing you can do except move to Canada where the popo don't pull heavies on citizens

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

Throw a cider block thru a cop car window.. And get over it..

4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Best thing to do with cops is---nothing. UNLESS---you can get hundreds of people to get involved. Don't ask for trouble trying to change the culture of a police department by yourself. What city are you talking about?

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

or...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgZTVkjQwto"]American Graffiti (8/10) Movie CLIP - Pharaohs and the Cop Car (1973) HD - YouTube

;)

6. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

for the most part that seems to be the way to go. one could, however, start capturing this stuff on video and post it to YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP2MvqfdwqM"]Confronting Cops 101 with Jimmy Justice - YouTube

7. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Yes. Video tape interactions and ask for badge numbers.

I've called my "attorney" (random number in contact list) and that usually gets them to start following the law.

8. PonyGrl420

PonyGrl420 Member

Since I have matured, the whole time I have lived here I have been nothing but respectful. Get pulled over for doing 7 over, turn the truck off, hands on the steering wheel, "hello mam" get my head bit off.

I have filed multiple complaints, got treated like crap and they made it very obvious they don't care and arnt going to do anything.

I'm involved with a number of car clubs, with over 3, 000 members. If I get them involved I can get a large amount of people behind me.

9. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

you don't think there is cops in car clubs?....

...how bout run for office?

10. PonyGrl420

PonyGrl420 Member

Ohh and last time I asked for a badge number I was told she doesn't have one as she walked away so I could see it.
    Last time I tried to video (while my friend was being thrown over the hood) they ripped my phone out of my hand, deleted the video and refused to give it back till they were leaving.

I'm outside of Charleaton SC, and unfortantily stuck here till my husband and I get full custudy of his daughter or till she is old enough to choose to live with us.
    I'm tired of this crap and not going to put up w it for the next 10 years, so I want to do something about it.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/08/19/new-guidelines-for-police-being-videotaped-by-citizens/

12. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Charleston...yeah...I have a friend there, my daughter's age, who's been profiled by the cops because she has facial piercings and tattoos.

13. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

My experience is the attitude you give the cops will reflect in the attitude you get back. When I was younger being a smart ass and uncooperative got me in trouble. As I got older I learned if you respectful and cooperative the cops might give you a break. Just being polite and answering "yes sir/no sir" has gotten me out of dui's and other hairy situations.

14. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

my buddy harold likes to get tazed in the nuts while attempting to take out as many cops as possible, over absolutely nothing.. lol

I, on the other hand, haven't really had a bad experience with cops, even if I was being detained or arrested..