need some baby name help...

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by sweetdreadlover, Jun 18, 2006.

1. HippyFreek2004

HippyFreek2004 changed screen name

k is in your screen name
    :p

2. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

Guinn and Willow, Keegan and Zion. I'm all for "unique" names, and even into the realm of "unusual" names. But, speaking from the experience of having and unusual and hard to pronounce name, (Linnea = Lynn-AY-Ah), it can be hell. People never remember what you're called, and can never read or spell it correctly. That's really hard when you're a kid...

3. Tamee

Tamee naked

girl: Audra
    boy: Bryce

4. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

Paige, Fiona and Tawny I like for girls
    Rory for a boy so far....I'm not good at boys names....good thing leane was a girl.....

5. lazysunbird

lazysunbird Member

Girl:Audrey,Quinn,Samara,Willow.
    Boy:Lennon,Rory,Zane.

I think it's a good idea to wait until you meet your child before you give him or her a name.

6. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

yeah, i wanted to add that to my post about waiting till you see the babe. Have a few good ones you like then wait till the birth. We wanted to name dd Austyn, but she just wasn't an Austyn...Leane was supposed to be one of her middle names, but I just bumped it up to first....sadily, i'm thinking now that Emily or Mkalie (mk-ah-lhee) would have suited her better....but leane still works. So don't be in a rush to name the babes, either! I said her name the minute I saw her.

7. *ariana*

*ariana* Member

my favorites:
    for a girl: Yasmine, Roxanne, Samara
    for a boy: Lennox, Rory
    :)

8. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

I like Zion and Zoey.

9. Tamee

Tamee naked

my baby's name came to me in meditation one day when I was only 3 months pregnant or so and I just knew it had to be her name. I've never heard of the name Abren before. it came to me as Abren, but I let Axyn change the e to y. He wanted it to be like his name ;). and I let him pick out the name Rae. It was the first one he thought of and it was perfect.

I've tried looking up the name Abren everywhere, but I can't find it. It was like a spiritual thing for me, Abren, boy or girl, was just the only name. (now Abryn of course. :))

10. aloneinabigbadworld

aloneinabigbadworld Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

There's a male actor who was fairly famous in the late 1980s early 1990s called Blair Underwood. He was in LA Law, the short lived series about LAX that was on in the US a year or 2 ago (with Heather Locklear I think) and a couple of films (one with Sean Connery I think).

Incidentally, I wouldn't pick a name that looks like it's spelt wrong (Nickollette and Damean), but then Im just a snob. Oh and Reagan has put me off as I tend to think of it as the name of the girl in The Exorcist. The same thing goes with Quinn. I think of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman (or whatever it was called).

11. Lazuli Blue

Lazuli Blue Member

I like Maddie or Summer for a girl, and Quinn for a boy. Two of my cats are called Willow and Rory!

12. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

what a coincidence...lol....it looks like so far willow and quinn are the popular names...i still want some more opinions too:)

13. pheonix

pheonix Member

i have always liked mallory for a girl (mostly because thats my name) and gannon for a boy

14. Tamee

Tamee naked

hahaha. growing up I always just thought I'd name my daughter Tamara (my name) cuz it was just the coolest name ever. :p I never could think of a better one...

15. solar_eclipse

solar_eclipse Member

just my 2 cents... please please please DO NOT name a girl Reagan. My partner's name is Regan and we cringe whenever we hear it as a girls name. It traditionally means "little king"

16. sweetdreadlover

reagan dates back to the early celts as a female name meaning fair haired one....and once things got inner mixed it became a male name...my family is irish...i love the name reagan.

17. Celestine

Celestine Member

I like:

Holly
    Yasmine (Probably my favorite)
    Mallory
    Nickollette-- LOVE this spelled Nicolette.
    Paige

Blake
    Keegan
    Lennon (Love this name!)
    Rory (So nice to see this on a boy)

18. sweetdreadlover

so ive done some research and such and looked at votes from u guys and we now have 2 sets of names picked out. here they are :)

Willow Rebecca
    Rheannon Cee-Ara

Lennon Erich
    Quinnian Xander