Need Help With Parents

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by w00dstock, May 27, 2004.

1. w00dstock

w00dstock Member

Ok heres the deal...ive been tokin since i was in grade 8, now im in 11. My parents are crackin down on me, so they are tryin to get me to stop smokin weed. I told them how i feel and why im not gonna stop, then they always bring up these issues that are so hard to debate with (like legal, how it puts strees on them, immaturity ect) We have a pretty good relationship, but i still want them to support my views a little bit. That being said im sure they would want me to respect theirs. Please share with me your thoughts about the advantages/ reasons why i should still be aloud to smoke weed. Im thinking that if i let them know before hand that im going to light up them they should respect my honesty and let it be. Thanks alot for your time and any input would be greatly appreacated.... peace

2. Velouria

Velouria Member

Maybe ask them if you can just be allowed to do it at your house so that you are a lot less likely to get in legal trouble. And they'll know you are safe that way.Just be honest. Sneaking around should only be a last resort b/c it will destroy what little trust they do have in you.

3. tripp

tripp Member

tell em to hang out with u for one session...then theyll see how theres nothing to worry bout:D

4. Alex_12

Alex_12 Member

Be like "You guys shouldn't really be complaining, most parents don't even know what the hell their kids are doing. You're lucky to have a son that is as open and honest as me."

Change and add to it as you see fit.

5. BluntMan420

BluntMan420 Member

yeah, after a while my parents just learned to deal with it... i do it less now anyway too... which they're happy about... their only issue is they want me to do better in school

6. Shaman420

Shaman420 Herbalist

After awhile my parents learned to deal with it too. Every now and again they try to debate it with me and I try to stay knowledgable and have a counter for their debates. I suggest working something out with them like maybe a "only on weekends" rule. Thats how I started with my parents and when I proved to them it wouldnt affect my grades they lightened up a lot. Its funny my parents have no tolerence for alcohol consumption.. well I should say very little tolerence.. they dont mind a beer or two, but I can smoke as much weed as I want. I just try not abuse my privlages and I show them I'm not trying to be disrespectful and it all works out.

7. twoseeeyes

twoseeeyes Member

It really depends on your parents. However if your parents keep saying no, wait until your 18 and get out of the house. Their house, their rules.

Legal issues is the reason they should let you smoke in the house. My parents use to be very draconian about weed........until I got arrested. They thought it was a simple slap on the wrist. It turned out to be a "big deal" So they laxed, but they remind me everyday how they wish I would stop.