need help - submit knitting tattoo ideas to me please!

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by cerridwen, May 16, 2007.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

So, I've been wanting to get a tatto for years, and my brother recently getting a tattoo has motivated me to get the ball rolling to actually finalize a design. As you guys may or may not know, I'm very much into knitting and have been for years, and I'm also Wiccan, so I'd like to come up with a tattoo that ties both together. But preferably leaning more towards something knitting themed. And small, nothing that's going to take up half my arm or anything.

I've scoured the internet for some ideas, but to find knitting-themed tattoos is pretty hard, I think it's cool to a degree that it's that uncommon, but hate the fact that I can't find a design. I'm not artistic, so freehanding an idea is not an option.

Essentially, I'm asking for help. If someone here is artistic enough to come up with a sketch for a tattoo for me, I'd absolutely appreciate it! Obviously nothing copyright. And, if it helps, I'm not looking for anything too girly, but at the same time I'm not really into anything cryptic. Like not blood-&-bones themed. Anyway, if anyone can come up with something, and have a pic of a sketch, please pm me and I'll give you my email address so you can send me the pic. I would much appreciate it!

(And, of course, if I end up going ahead with this tattoo I'll be sure to post a pic of it in here!)

Thanks everyone!

2. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

that'd be cool :)

I am looking for something already drawn out though, despite the ideas going through my mind, I'm not artistic enough to draw it out on paper, which is why I'm hoping someone would be kind enough to draw something out for me...

3. hip_peace

hip_peace Senior Member

Write your name in arabic

4. PoisonedPenny

PoisonedPenny Member

How about a ball of yarn with a pentacle design over it?

You don't need to have artwork when you go into the tattoo shop. You can just take in an idea and the artist should be able to make you a sketch.

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

yes, I know... but I would rather go in there with a picture I like, and make whatever adjustments to it that the tattoo artist deems necessary, rather than going in empty handed and risk not liking whatever style of artwork they create.

6. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

a cool idea, but not exactly knitting themed.... thanks anyway though :)

Will do... just need some drawing ideas...

An idea I had was to use a ball of yarn, and from it two knitting needles sticking out the top... although one needle transforms into a branch of lavender (to represent my French background, and that my grandmother taught me how to knit) and the other needle to represent something Irish, because my hubby's family is Irish.... but that's just a thought....

damn it, I need to learn how to draw....

7. gaum

gaum Elephant Orgy

you could get a pentacle made of knitting needles.

8. hovercraft cat

hovercraft cat Member

how about a little ball of yarn, from which a pentacle is knitted or something. i dont know how to explain it, ill go draw it now and message you with it later. :)

9. Patchworkshorts

Patchworkshorts Member

you could have the yarn be orange white and green, the colors of the irish flag.

10. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Hmm, here's a start:

[​IMG]

11. Luisa28

Luisa28 Member

Hmm... interesting. I like the idea of the lavender. maybe you could have the needles knitting something irish inspired... like a clover or just something in the irish colors. Or maybe have the needles creating something that symbolizes how you and your husband's lives are being woven together.

12. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Luisa, that's a clever idea, thanks :)

I like the idea of the lavender and flag, that's pretty cool too....

Now that would be interesting ~ draw it up, I'd love to check it out! pm me, I'll give you my email address if it makes it easier to send me the pic!

(getting tons of inspiration!)