nearly there!!

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by bunjies, Apr 5, 2007.

1. bunjies

bunjies Member

only 16 braids left to dread up!! wooo hooo!
    and here was me thinking i could back comb them all withing a few days! ha!
    i got some loops on the go and the little beasters are already trying to grow together, which i hope is a good sign!
    i will post another pic when i have finished!

2. Silver Shadow

Silver Shadow Member

HI,
    I'm confused, are you letting braids turn into dreads or backcombing one by one? Sorry if you've already explained, must have missed it. :D

3. bunjies

bunjies Member

i'm taking the braids out one at a time and backcombing them. its taking forever as i havent got the time to sit and do them all at once!
    its been 5 or 6 weeks now lol!

4. Scorpius

Scorpius Member

holy shit 5 -6 weeks lol

5. bunjies

bunjies Member

i'm going for the backcombing record :p
    i think it would have been quicker to go for the neglect method lol!

6. lunatic_on_the_grass

lunatic_on_the_grass Member

haha, my journey was like that too. my friends backcombed mine for me, but the ones i have now are the second pair, as the first was definatly not the right time. i think the second time going in they were a bit worried i would take them out again, so didnt want to spend tons and tons of time on it. it took about 3 months in all. i liked it this way though, cause i could turn back at any point, but this time it felt right. just perfect.

7. bunjies

bunjies Member

i have actually found it a very rewarding experience. i finally got to the point where i didnt give a stuff what people thought of me and after wanting dreads for ages i decided to just start. the fact that i have walked round with half grown out braids, some dreads and some loose hair. this time last year i would have been hiding in a cupboard terrified of what people might think (well praps not quite that bad) it has been real affirmation that i really am on the way to being better, being happy, being me!
    hooray!

8. lunatic_on_the_grass

its so true, having my hair half dreaded and half full fuzzy and knotted waiting to be backcombed even prepared me for the journey of dreads. alothough everyday i would look at my rats nest and wish it was put togther. if ever something happens though next time ill just neglect. my job back then would not have liked if i neglected back then. but since then ive made my life better :D and my job now im sure wouldnt mind at all. yet- im not getting rid of my locks anytime soon, its only been two years.

9. lunatic_on_the_grass

10. lunatic_on_the_grass

i dont know whats happening here with the posts, but i dont nkow how to delete. so i appologize for the double post

11. bunjies

bunjies Member

oooer twitchy finger syndrome! lol! ;)