Natural Energy - literally

Discussion in 'Metaphysics and Mysticism' started by cerridwen, Aug 17, 2005.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Have you ever taken the time to meditate in nature? I mean truly be one with the energies of the trees and rivers and winds around you...

I've tried before and have had some level of connection, but the first time I felt an actual CLICK was when I was in Sedona, AZ and meditating in the mountains... I hadn't realized it but I was there for 3 hours, sitting in the same place, and I don't know how to describe it but there was this amazing energy, it was unbelievable...

2. furthurur

furthurur Member

i wish i could experience this, whenever i try to meditate my brain just doesnt shut up and my mind wanders. i'm pretty far away from any kind of useful meditation:(

3. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

Meditating in nature is wonderful.

There is something very wonderful and magical about Sedona. Lots of intense vortexes that can really potentiate your experiences. Makes me want to drive down to Sedona sometime next week.

4. sitareric

sitareric Banned

We are nature

5. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

i agree with sitareric, we are nature, and we've got to stop seeing ourselves as seperate from Her. meditating to feel that connection is one thing, and it is important to create that awareness, but we have to translate that connection into our own lives. we can bliss out on the subtle energies of the earth, but we're completely ungrounded and living only in our heads if we don't carry that connection over to think about the energy that heats and lights our home and powers our cars, or consider where our water comes from or how our food is grown.

is anyone familiar with this book?

http://www.starhawk.org/writings/earth_path.html

this is truly one of the best books i've ever read. not all of us can live in yurts on a mountain top or power our homes with a hydro system, but we can all create and nurture the awareness of how deeply we already are connected with nature, and how our lives impact the world around us.

6. MrRee

MrRee Senior Member

Sedona seems to be an amazing energy center. There is a meditation technique called the Sedona method also. Anyplace where Hopi Indians have located is special ~ Don Juan-esque places of power, most likely.
    Simply being in such natural locations can be a meditative experience in and of itself. Ever noticed that at some scenic locations it is almost impossible not to drift off into imaginative reflection, and how it is sometimes very difficult to leave? Seems to me that our good friend "nature" wants us all to come home soon.
    Here's a place in Oz that I find very special in the same way. The mountain is called Mt Warning, and it is very near where I was born. It is the remnant plug of an ancient volcano, and being on the pinnacle gives the most incredible sensation of serene energy that I've ever felt ~
    [​IMG]

View from pinnacle. The mountains (20 mile radius) are what's left of the original rim of the volcano that Mt Warning is the remnant of. Powerful stuff ~
    [​IMG]

7. sitareric

sitareric Banned

The Badlands rock too, If you get the chance check em out... The Thread that weaves our created realities, transmutes in this place... I expireinced, sudden shifts in perception, where time, would suddenly slow to a turtle pace... or do other things... I found that all opinions of the socio-economic patterns, fall short in the midst of this earthen glory.

8. sassure

sassure Member

Nature has a way of inspiring us to tune into both the environmental energies and our personal energies. Our meditation is really a tuning and synching of these forces......

9. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

Yeah I have done that, the best place to meditate is in a grove of trees, or by a stream.

10. the dauer

the dauer Member

I find something very powerful about meditating in nature. I can't explain it. I have gone into the hills near my house at a time when nobody was on the trails and stopped at a particular peak, sat on a rock, and really sunk into it, that is the meditation and not the rock.

Dauer

edit: And every time I drive by that place I feel a longing to be there.