Native Americans

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by interval_illusion, Jan 29, 2005.

1. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

aboriginals?

2. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

who knows if they were actually here first

3. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

um, so the people from england might have been here first?

i know were are all, when it comes down to it, from africa and asia, etc...

but you cant deny that "we" took the land and killed off the lives of the people that were living here in peace.

(and yeah, cause you mentioned it earlier, they had their own shit, but they werent hurting anyone and i admire them)

4. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

no what IM saying is, you dont know if another race, or civilization, or group of people were here before the "indians" do you?? the "native americans" didnt really document anything.

I didnt say we didnt. but who is saying that the indians didnt take land from someone who occupied it before?? tribes fought against tribes, did they not??

5. interval_illusion

yah, when i say "they were here first"- i mean compared to us.

6. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

so by your deduction, they own the right to the land, that they probably could have stolen from someone else, and the white man cant take that land because they are from another continent? it is survival of the fittest, just like what happens in the animal kingdom. some animals more fit than others dominate and they take the territory.... what is wrong with that? its just nature running its course.

7. Megara

Megara Banned

aboriginal means the same thing as native...

8. interval_illusion

*sigh* with the capacity of our minds as homo sapiens and the technology that we have produced by it... you are not like cats in the wild or wild animals or any sort. i believe that our brain capicity and what we can do with it should put us above all that.

if you're gonna think that way... then i guess it's okay for me to go take over some random persons house? or just fuck who ever cause i feel fertile and kill their spouses in the process (survival of the fittest)
    ,etc?

our species has evolved that we are a bit different in that way... but not any better, mind you.

no, i dont know if the natives took the land from anyone else but that is making assumptions. you cant prove what you dont know. you cant punish people for something just cause it "could" have happened.

that doesnt take away from what happened though. im so tired of people blaming other people.

9. Small_Brown

Small_Brown Senior Member

Preach it Interval!

10. Small_Brown

Small_Brown Senior Member

Fuck you internet explorer...double post!:mad:

-edit- how do you delete a post?

11. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

i guess different strokes for different folks my grandfather was full blackfoot but he called himself native american, and thats usually how i refer to indians.when asked i will say i am a quarter native american, then i usually say what tribe... im also a 8th of cheerokee from my grandmothers side...

12. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

once upon a time. in modern american english "native" refers to anyone born and raised in a place. aboriginal connotes a more ancient origin.

13. interval_illusion

you cant.