Native Americans

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by interval_illusion, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

I'm just saying in a way we are living in a simpler time... :D

2. Small_Brown

Small_Brown Senior Member

And to BlackGuard XIII about the Native men going overseas and fighting for their country. They were brainwashed. Up until recently, the Army was everthing to me. I wanted to join so bad to you know, serve my country. I recently had a change of heart. I sat down with my a few of my friends and had a conversation for a couple hours. I looked at the big picture, and thought:
    Why would I want to fight for someone *white government* that does not even respect my people? We have been segregated and treated like sub-standard human beings for hundreds of years. I want to uphold these values? No thanks. I'm glad I changed my mind. I felt like such a traitor after I thought things over. I will not fight unless there is a direct threat to my people or our land, such as back in 1993 in Quebec...the Oka "Crisis" as much of you remember it as. That I would fight, and gladly die for.
    Many people such as the Lubicon of Northern Alberta have had their traditional hunting and fishing lands overforested and destroyed by oil drilling for over 20 years, without receiving one cent in royalties. They never signed over their rights to the land either. Wheres the justice there? How long will the rape of my peoples land continue before the world opens their eyes?:(

3. Rebel_1

Rebel_1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

:) I would rather do away with the refrigeration and preserving along with many other things to clean the air, the streams, the lakes and our soil. That would be a bigger plus than having all the modern technologies. I really belive that it's polution from our factories and our cars that is causing most of the illnesses today, this is just a friendly thought.;)

4. Soulless||Chaos

While their way of life may have been sustainable at the time, that doesn't mean it would stay that way. I'm sure the "whiteman's" way of life was at one point or another in histopry sustainable, but things change. :rolleyes:

5. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

indians are from indiana!!!?????

lol trish you are riot.

I suppose they worship cows up in indiana too.

6. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

what are you talking about? i personally didnt live there but my aunt, uncle and cousins did and that's what they told us.

7. interval_illusion

oh shit... i meant to say INDIA. hahaha ill go change that. nah, ill leave it there. it's funny.

8. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

here is the thing all........ no one is native to america. everyone migrated. who is to say that these people who migrated across the bering strait didnt kick out tribes that were there before in the native lands of america?? nothing was really documented with the indians. its a fact of life, and has happened all throughout the history of the world. new people would move in to an area, and wipe out all of those that were there first. it is survival of the fittest. its the nature of man. white man wasnt only killing off the indians, tribes were fighting against tribes too. I do agree that white man probably went a bit too far in their conquest, but hey, so did the spaniards.

9. interval_illusion

indians are from indiana. haha... that is my new favorite quote.

10. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

what is even more funny is your reply to me. you just snapping back like nothing was wrong!! haha!

my aunts and uncle and cousins lived up in indiana and they told me that they worship cows there. hahha!

11. interval_illusion

hehe that's cause i didnt know i wrote that and i thought you were nuts. lol.

12. Soulless||Chaos

Haha. :p

13. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

native americans arent indians. indians are from indiana. my aunt, uncle and cousins lived there, and they told me so.

--wise words from interval_illusion.

14. interval_illusion

er, india! india! india trish!

15. interval_illusion

haha, i know. my brillancy at it's best :p

16. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i guess one of my peeves with calling various aboriginal americans "native" americans is that i'm just as native as any running about today. it kind of offends me. also, even though i'm pretty much just plain white, if it's blood lines that declare your right to a piece of land, then through grandpa (full blood) i've got just as much right as anyone. but that seems nonsensical to me. he left his tribe because they hated his wife for being white. he couldn't stand the hypocrisy. all i'm saying is that any place being a paradise has nothing to do with human intentions, but more to do with the amount of human habitation. people of different cultures pretty much all have the same attitude problems. i guess i prefer to call people by their particular tribe, like the utes, dine (deenay), apache, and all that.

17. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

Where I grew up there just aren't any indians, never met one till I moved out to the west coast....

My first reservation-somewhere in Wisconsin, you drove though the woods and all of a sudden there was a logging mill and hundreds of barefoot kids running around...actually seemed kind of idyllic.

Second one, Pine ridge in South Dakota...barren plains that couldn't support any life, no town, houses with holes in the side...one of the most desolate and unable to support life lands i've ever been too.

Then I arrive in Seattle, Wa....I see many natives every day, not a single one that doesn't look homeless, their faces are disfigured from alcohol, I see them drinking things like hairspray....being the down to earth young man that I can sometimes be, I decide to talk to a native american woman with no legs in a wheelchair at the bus stop.....she punches me, asks me if I think I'm cute or something, tells me to buy her a bottle, and as she is being raised into the bus some others yell "Crazy Kathy, Crazy Kathy" she scowls.

Vancouver BC...two natives tell me I'm going to die, one tells me "kill the whities they are like sheep

the moral of the story...it sucks whats been done to them, and what they do to themsleves.

18. Megara

Megara Banned

Well said, i find it offensive to have a group called native americans. I consider myself as much a native as anyone who lives in this country.

I do also think it is more respectful to call them by their specific tribe than one all encompassing 'native american' race.

19. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

living in farmington, there's a large dine community. they're your coworkers, your friends, you neighbors. there's also the 20 or so that you see drunk and passed out on someone's lawn, or the guy who knock on your door at 1AM begging for a ride. it's your friend that decided to do the right thing and walk home from the bar and got arrested anway. the guy who adores his family, the guy who beats his wife and rapes his daughter. there's every walk of life, just like the rest of us. there's the good people, the bad people, the ones in between. but there's none of this paradise and better people bullshit. it's just people.

20. interval_illusion

well, i agree about calling them by their tribe name but to the people that say it is offensive to call them native americans... like, if you're talking about them as a WHOLE.... what should someone call them instead...? you know, to refer to the people that were here first?