Native American feather headband

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by solargarlic, Jan 18, 2005.

1. solargarlic

solargarlic Member

I had a day off school today so I decided to do an arts and crafts project. I was wearing moccasins at the time so I felt a Native American feather headband was an appropriate project. My friend and I bought some felt, feather, and fabric markers and got to work. I wish I had a digital camera so I could show the results, but I guess I can describe them instead. We used brown felt for the bands, cut them it into 2" wide strips and measured them around our heads, stapled the ends together, stapled feathers on the side (or back depending on how you wear it), and then drew designs with the markers. I used an orange feather in the back and drew a yellow peace sign in the front with orange leaves on both sides of it. My friend drew a bunch of crazy designs which look pretty cool. My little sister came home from school and joined in on the project with us. Her headband turned out to be a combination of our designs which she used as an example. All in all, it was a lot of fun. I recommend making your own!

2. i've been thinking about making a headband with a feather hanging from it (inspired by Hair^.^). hmmm perhaps i will...

3. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

:) sounds nice :)

4. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

yeah that sounds cool. i love the ones with the feathers hangin down. sexaaaay.