National Info

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by SexyDreads, May 9, 2004.

1. SexyDreads

SexyDreads Member

Anyone who could help restart the National Info thread with me would be totally awesome! Its coming up way soon now and Id like to get as much information posted as soon as possible, leaving us with more time to schedule ride shares and what not.

Anyone heard anything from Council?
    Are the rumors true of Northern California?

Thanks everyone!!

Peace,
    Jessica

2. paix

paix Senior Member

I was talking to a scout a few weeks ago, and he said they were gonna start scouting nor cal soon (they're prolbably there now) but at the time there was still too much snow on the ground. I heard something about checking out a spot on the cali/nevada border that some folks wanted in '84, but the consensus then was cali, so it didn't fly.

I'm sure we'll have word coming up soon, there's the wildflower gathering coming up in california the end of this month, and I bet by the end of that weekend we'll know, but that's just a guess.

3. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

I just got of the phone with PHAMIly on the east.The same is said
    there.Will know more in a short time i hope.Nev/Cali does seem to be the spot.Any help in starting up info you need just drop me aline.I would love to restart the thread.

4. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

SD, Paix, Hello...I'm still here....Called in sick today so I can play with Skip's new software, and try to finger out all these new features...Spring Council is still 7 June, as far as I know

5. SexyDreads

SexyDreads Member

April 30th - May 1 People that are planning to scout can get together to look at maps, and coordinate their actions. This events basically kicks off the scouting for this years annual gathering.Where: Concow Campground. Directions; From Oroville, Ca. go 23 miles east on route 70. At large dome on north side of road turn left onto Concow Road. Go 6 1/2 miles to reservoir and look for campground sign.This is not a holding camp site, this is a commercial campground!

June 4-5 Scout Council The people that scout for this years gathering compare notes, and see if they as the scouting crew can achieve a sense of consensus on the bet of the recommended sites.

June 7th Spring Council There are no leaders at Rainbow Gatherings, and councils are not a representative decision making body. This council is for indiviguals to council on the proposed sites that were found by the folks that scouted this year. There will be no directions to the gathering until this council ends!

6. SexyDreads

SexyDreads Member

Id also like to inform everyone on making their campfires...that please help to prevent root fires! Dig a hole to the size desired for your fire. Lay stones in the hole and cover with dirt, packed or unpacked. Light your campfire. Its easy! A little work helps a lot!

Thanks family,
    Peace,
    Jessica
    :)

7. Smokinjoe

Smokinjoe Member

Where is spring council going to be???????? i need to know!! want to leave from here (florida) to get there ASAP anyhelp would be great

8. WanderingturnupII

Keep your eye on the alt.gathering.rainbow newsgroup. I found the following there:

Got this email from Sailor today
    Beautiful sites in the Sierra's, unfortunately none of them worked out well enough, there were size problems, property problems, and on the best of them all, access problems. Have one site left to check and are on our way.The crew now is Val, Art, Tony, Cassisy, Catherine and myself. We reached agreement on a spring council site which will be posted in a day or so. Hope to see a bunch of friendly folks there, until then it's back into the snow.------- S

Link to original:http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&threadm=40BE823F.5CE7%40earthlink.net&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26safe%3Doff%26group%3Dalt.gathering.rainbow

I do try to monitor that newsgroup, especially at this time of year, though I don't have much of a stomach for it any more. I have pulled a few gems from the muck. I'm fixing to be on the road myself quite shortly, though, so could someone sort through the AGR chatter for useful info, and post a copy of it here, while I am oozing slowly westward? Please, if anyone pulls dirrections from another site, follow my protocol, and post both a copy of the info, and a link to the original, just so everyone can be certain of your bona fides...and so that if the info you coppied turns out to be wrong, your own ass will be covered.

Uhhh...Yeah. Also probably a good idea to monitor the SCROLL (Southern California Rainbow Orff Living Light) site:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~scrollinfo/

9. WanderingturnupII

Spring Council

Spring Council starts June 7 and is when people get together and get the info on the possible sites available for the gathering, discuss the prons and cons of each location and then reach a decision. It generally takes one to seven days. If you come to Spring Council, please be self sufficient and and prepared to feed and water yourself.
    Spring Council Location: Dry Creek Campground in Lassen County. From Highway 395 go to the town of Madeline, go six miles north on Hwy 395, look for the road on the left hand side of the freeway going north. If you get as far north as Likely, Ca, you've gone too far.
    On the map, the Dry Creek Campground Road is next to a larger road called Water Canyon Mountain Road. Karin's editorial note - if you are planning on flying to the gathering, flying into Reno, Nevada is going to be your best bet based on the general area that people have found possible sites and the location of Spring Council.

Link to original:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~scrollinfo/

10. Smokinjoe

Smokinjoe Member

i got spring council directions from welcomehere.org i believe but heres the driections

Spring Council starts June 7 and is when people get
    together and get the info on the possible sites
    available for the gathering, discuss the prons and
    cons of each location and then reach a decision. It
    generally takes one to seven days. If you come to
    Spring Council, please be self sufficient and and
    prepared to feed and water yourself.
    I was asked by one of the scouts to post this
    information on the afternoon of June 3rd. I'm
    a bit early cause I have to go off to work.
    Spring Council Location:
    Dry Creek Campground in Lassen County. From Highway
    395 go to the town of Madeline, go six miles north on
    Hwy 395, look for the road on the left hand (west)
    side of the freeway going north.
    If you get as far north as Likely, you've gone too
    far.
    On the map, Dry Creek Campground Road looks like its
    adjacent to a larger
    road called Water Canyon Mountain Road.

Karin's editorial note - if you are planning on flying
    to the gathering, flying into Reno, Nevada is going to
    be your best bet based on the general area that people
    have found possible sites and the location of Spring
    Council.

hope it helps you