National Go Barefoot Day - Friday June 1st

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by mattygroves, May 27, 2018.

1. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

Apparently it is..

Not that we need any excuse to do it.

Who knows, might see some others barefoot when I go for my Friday afternoon stroll around town, that would be cool.

Maybe Tesco will allow bare feet just for one day.

Drakken51 and rol the sole like this.
  2. charlie35

charlie35 Member

I wouldn't hold your breath on any of that!!

3. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

There actually NEEDS to be a theme day for this?

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

do any of the national theme days really need to exist?

5. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

Never seen another individual barefoot on June the first. Most people wouldn't take this day seriously as the general public still buys into all of the phantom laws regarding bare feet.

Nudegardner likes this.
  6. hippyphile

hippyphile Member

I went through a couple of big box stores barefoot a couple of weeks ago. I do not think one person even noticed, including the employees I encountered. I had to call one over to help me. Experiments have proven people are so much into themselves and whatever is on their minds, they don't notice much of anything. Children are more likely to notice; but they are better observers and curious about the world.

I don't know it is mistaken ideas about laws or regulations. The "dreaded signs" are so much less common these days than twenty-five or thirty years ago, I bet many young people have not seen them. The enormous and continuing popularity of flip flops, which were around over 50 years ago but usually only then worn for swimming or by children, is probably more at fault.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    Nudegardner and Drakken51 like this.
  7. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

[QUOTE="hippyphile, post: The enormous and continuing popularity of flip flops, which were around over 50 years ago but usually only then worn for swimming or by children, is probably more at fault.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm sure you're correct. The kind that were mostly available 50 years ago were the cheap rubber versions that were referred to as zorries or thongs for use at pools, beaches and public showers,. Fast forward to present times, now made in huge numbers and much higher quality. Women are now wearing them with dresses to the office. Times have changed.

Nudegardner likes this.
  8. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

Yes, I'm sure you're correct. The kind that were mostly available 50 years ago were the cheap rubber versions that were referred to as zorries or thongs for use at pools, beaches and public showers,. Fast forward to present times, now made in huge numbers and much higher quality. Women are now wearing them with dresses to the office. Times have changed.[/QUOTE]

I honestly can’t understand how anyone can wear flip flops, the pain from the toe posts is unbearable. It’s amazing how some people wearing them will scoff at bare feet though, last year I got a gasp and headshake from a bloke while in Norwich city centre, and a girl in flip flops questioned my bare feet and told me to be careful while walking a coastal path in Cornwall - I was surefooted and the grass felt wonderful, she looked to be struggling to keep her daft shoes on but wouldn’t even think of taking them off!

Nudegardner likes this.
  9. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Phantom laws? Can you explain what you mean?

10. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

I’m jumping in but a lot of people wrongly think it’s illegal to be barefoot in public or establishments

11. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

...or illegal to drive barefoot, all which are false.

12. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I’ve always thought it’s illegal to drive barefoot but that it’s up to like private businesses to do what they want. Hmm, that’s interesting!

13. DeNuttySquirrel

DeNuttySquirrel Members

Yup, completely legal to drive barefoot.

14. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

Well I went barefoot all day yesterday anyway. Saw one other girl without shoes in the afternoon, though she was carrying them so probably just had tired feet.

Today is also National Go Barefoot day for me. And tomorrow...

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  15. morrow

morrow Visitor

Doing anything barefoot is not illegal, just don't think everyone will allow you!

When you get glass or crap in your feet, you can't claim against a store or supermarket, it's your choice to go bare foot!
    Don't blame them if they don't clean a shard of glass that might have been chucked with a mop across the floor.

The UK has a bad compensation culture, you can't blame these places for covering for themselves..

Play safe.. use a pair of squahies for entering some places, it's for your own benefit.

Tipsey feet, or purse angels are handy.. even foot jewelry if your a total rebel..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2018
  16. nr3c

nr3c Member

17. nr3c

nr3c Member

did anyone who was on Barefoot on Friday

18. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

What are tipsey feet and purse angels?

19. morrow

morrow Visitor

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2018