Nashville bomber

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Piobaire, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

So apparently reports by two witnesses that a guy is building bombs in his RV isn't sufficient probable cause for a search warrant in Nashville, but a completely fictitious affidavit is all you need to get a no-knock warrant to SWAT somebody and machine-gun them in Louisville.
    One was a White guy building a car bomb, the other a Black EMT asleep in her bed.
    Nashville man's girlfriend warned he was building bombs

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to 'Murica...

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

White privilege

The police have a strong biases. Some crimes are not really crimes it's just a good American minding his own business. Not just with this bombing but several other incidents have shown me this. Until a white person actuly commits the crime threats and evidence don't matter it's just speculation. Black and brown people just need to have a guy who heard it from another guy something is going down. and they are arrested.

Can we call this guy a terrorist? I don't hear that from America but he is in Europe. He wanted to harm his fellow Americans what else is that?

4. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

To make it terrorism, there has to be an ideological connection. Protecting us from lizard people and Covid 19 causing 5G towers isn't enough.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    wrat1 likes this.
  5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

My spidey sense tells me many of you are annoyed he wasn't a Trump supporter

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oh, and I think you actually have to kill someone or plot to kill someone to be a terrorist

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

8. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

In my younger days I was always building bombs. All our local policeman did was come and watch me blowing things up on the waste land. His only complaint was when I connected them to a lamp post to set them off when the light came on. But he still laughed.

How things have changed, when todays youngsters only do harmless things like sticking knives in each other. :):):)

9. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Wrong
    Terrorist: a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Yeah, I think I'll stick to murder or attempted murder to be included in the definition, otherwise you could call opposing football coaches terrorists

11. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Well you would be wrong

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  12. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

I thought it simply have to have a political motive. Protecting us from lizard people could be argued to be a political motive.

13. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Yes, but that would probably also make it insanity, even under the restrictive M'naughten rules: inability to know the nature and quality of one's acts.

14. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The FBI's Final Report

The investigation found that Anthony Quinn Warner of Antioch, Tennessee, acting alone, built and ultimately detonated the vehicle-borne improvised explosive device in downtown Nashville on December 25, 2020.. His actions were determined to not be related to terrorism.

Based on analysis of the information and evidence gathered throughout the investigation, the FBI assesses Warner’s detonation of the improvised explosive device was an intentional act in an effort to end his own life, driven in part by a totality of life stressors – including paranoia, long-held individualized beliefs adopted from several eccentric conspiracy theories, and the loss of stabilizing anchors and deteriorating interpersonal relationships.

The FBI assesses Warner specifically chose the location and timing of the bombing so that it would be impactful, while still minimizing the likelihood of causing undue injury.

15. Cello Song

Cello Song Members

"Nashville and the world is never going to forget me." - that dude who blew up that old van-thingy someplace that one time