Naked Hiking

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by Tommz47, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Tommz47

Tommz47 Member

I like to spend as much time as possible in the nude during my almost daily outdoor excursions. When I kayak, I go to remote areas where I can strip down and kayak nude. When I hike on federal forest land, I drive to a remote trailhead that is one way out and you have to return the way you left. If no one is there, I can strip naked at the car and carry my shorts with me. I have a favorite trail with a large brushy field you can divert into to return a separate route to the parking area. I have neveral seen any shoe prints other than mine in the area, so I feel safe leaving my car undressed and returning undressed since I can get close enough to the parking area to determine if anyone else has arrived. Recently I hid an old pair of hiking shorts in a large zip lock food storage bag in the field. This allowed me to leave the vehicle naked, without carrying any clothes, and walk for hours totally nude and have an emergency pair of shorts to return to the car if needed. So far, I have made several trips on weekdays without needing the emergency shorts the first time.

firerescue110 and NudistTed like this.
  2. Alice in SC

Alice in SC Senior Member

I work on a large farm and I Love working in the Woods Nude or running a tractor Nude!

NudistTed likes this.
  3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

mountain lions dont like the taste of clothing anyway...neither do bears...snakes find it easier to bite directly onto the testicles so that's convenient and I am guessing a wasp attack or bee swarm would be an embarrassing death story in the news... ..each their own I spose :)

4. NudistTed

NudistTed The Naked Man

I too enjoy the outdoors naked. I've never had any issues enjoying hiking, swimming etc while naked, even on those rare occasions that I have run into textiles..

5. Tommz47

Tommz47 Member

Haha, I don’t think mountain lions consider clothing, the recent attack on a hiker is a good example. Almost all snakebites are lower legs and feet or hand and arms. Since it is usually in the 70s or 80s when I hike (Florida) I don’t think shorts or a T shirt would provide much protection. I do wear good hiking shoes and remain very mindful of where I walk. I am a snake enthusiast anyway and look forward to seeing them.

rollingalong likes this.
  6. Tommz47

Tommz47 Member

When I was in my early teens, a group of soldiers camped overnight in a field near our home. After they left, a few of my friends and I went to rummage the area where they camped. I found a “Paradise” nudist magazine. It showed people nude in every day activities like canoeing, biking, hiking, archery, etc... I was intrigued and have been a practicing naturist since.

Alice in SC likes this.
  7. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

Hi, I think you are privileged being able to go for outdoor excursions almost daily. No need to earn some money for your daily life?

I also love to enjoy outdoor activities and forgo clothing when possible. As you mentioned kayaking, some years ago I did on the Tarn, Herault and Ardèche in South France. Nude hiking is great as long as you have the right people with you, adequate temperatures and a not too crowded trail. But I wouldn’t go alone, as I would feel unsafe then. I remember some nude hiking as a kid in the Alps, than later with my then bf in the Cevennes national park in France, and some years ago I did rediscover it and enjoy it very much. As you mentioned hiking boots, as long as the ground allows, I prefer to go barefoot, as this gives (at least for me) an even more holistic feeling.

NudistTed likes this.
  8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I love hiking and go every year, but I don’t see the fascination of getting eaten alive by mosquitoes and bitten by black flies on parts of my body that can easily be covered up.

9. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

Well, the main trouble here are ticks, and they infest clothed hikers as well. The best prevention of tick bites is just to check your body after you did pass through a bushy stretch (greenweed / broom!), because the beasts do bite not before some hours after they landed on you. And the check is really more easy if yor are naked.

10. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

this naked hiking could explain some drunken bigfoot sightings

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

my first nudie magazine showed a woman putting her breast milk into a bowl of cereal. no wonder i usually wear clothes.

12. bill697cu

bill697cu Members

I enjoy a nude hike in the nearby woods. I hike barefoot and bare ass. The feeling of being one with nature makes me feel alive.

bft4evr and *pixy* like this.
  13. FrostyPink

FrostyPink Members

I've only tried public nudity once, on a clothing optional beach. It was exhilarating and I loved the experience. I wish i could do it more often but it's difficult finding places I can do it privately and not have someone speed-dialing the police or trying to molest me. There seems to be an unwritten law of nature that suggests all humanity will somehow show up the instant the clothes come off. So for me it'll have to remain a fond memory and far off dream.

bft4evr likes this.
  14. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

There's a group that does a week of nude hiking in Europe each summer.
    See Naktiv .

15. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Another Day.......Another "Stolen Image".......Le Sigh......:disappointed:

Cheers Glen.

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well it's not like the internet actually owns these images. this guy always puts random google images in his posts, but it's not like he ever claims that they are his or even have anything to do with his post.

17. firerescue110

firerescue110 Visitor

There are trails around that are perfect for hiking. I am more comfortable when school is in session during the day. I love nudity. I think it is good for your body. I have met a few other nude hikers and a few clothed ones! No real problems. I haven't noticed any problems with law but I try to be discrete untill I am off in the trails!

NudistTed likes this.
  18. MasseurNaturel

MasseurNaturel Members

Often go nude hiking in the countryside and forests around here, but will always wear hiking boots due to the rough ground. The local trails lead down to the beach which is a great place to relax before walking back.

NudistTed likes this.
  19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Did it affect your breakfast habits?