nail polish

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by linda617, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Hear Me Rawr

Hear Me Rawr Member

I only polish my nails when I'm too lazy to really get them done. My toenails are always polished and always polished black. When I polish my fingernails, I do them either black, brown, green, or purple.

2. Sweetleaf63

Sweetleaf63 Senior Member

Lately i've been painting them black,i get a little lazy to change the color.

3. Flwrgirl87

Flwrgirl87 Member

I can't stand it when my toe nails aren't painted, haha. In the summer I usually have brighter colours and in the winter I usually go with a red, or a bronzy colour. Or I get bored and decided to go some random colour. On my nails I usually just use a clear polish with sparkles.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

to open tight nail polish bottles, take a lighter and run the flame around the cap close to the glass, just pass it back and forth and it should loosen it...

tip for the day.. :p

5. wild-flowers

wild-flowers forever arbitrary

I have all kinds. Sometimes I use 5 different colours all at once.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

me too..

7. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I always wear polish on finger and toes. Usually it is either a peachy putty shade or a putty shade.

8. creedlespeek

creedlespeek Member

Nails are always painted here, and it's usually coral, mauve, or brick.

And all of them sound like Tennessee Williams characters... At least I amuse myself.

9. dollyfizz

dollyfizz Senior Member

I am nail polish obsessed! I literally have 100 polishes that are all new in consistency and good quality. It's a problem of mine. Yesterday I bought Essie's Angora Cardi, In Stitches and Tea and Crumpets and OPI's Burlesque Extra Va Vaganza. I haven't got them yet, I can't wait until they arrive!

I love deep, dark colours but lately I've been obsessing over murky colours. My current favourite is Chanel's Particuliere and I have that on my fingers and Chanel's Rouge Noir on my toes.

10. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

Yeah same, I have been buying loads of them again recently. Right now they are black.

11. dollyfizz

dollyfizz Senior Member

:2thumbsup:Can't beat a good old black! I still love plain, glossy black polish. If I'm in a rush and can't wait for polish to dry, I always go with matt black because it dries straight away. But yesss, glossy black is perfect. I might do that now.

12. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

Yeah, it's one of the nicest! I only managed one coat last night before I had to go out, so I need to out on another today.

13. Too Curious

Too Curious Visitor

bright colors are the best, just opinion

14. haha_wintaaa

haha_wintaaa Member

Agreed. I stick to oranges, reds, and yellows. But I like seeing other bright colors

15. surreal_charm

surreal_charm Member

i prefer the conventional style of wearing nail polish. i am not really a big fan of nail art. i find it rather yucky.

16. iadoreyou

iadoreyou Guest

I've been on a polish frenzy lately, subscribed to a service called julep who sent me an awesome gunmetal grey color i'm about to put on my toes.

usually i opt for blue or purple fingers, and red or black toes. I'd like to paint them like little strawberries, but am way too shaky!

17. incredibl_shrinking_man

incredibl_shrinking_man Member

Wow! Like being in a Candy Store w/ all those Lovely Painted Finger & Toe Nails! I Lov'm on women! While I like the numerous colors mentioned..."nothing" beats the succulent "Candy Apple Red!" Impossible not to notice!

18. dollyfizz

dollyfizz Senior Member

Loving red at the moment. Essie's Lollipop, true pillar-box red. It's beautiful.

19. FluffehMonster

FluffehMonster Guest

In the winter I like blues. In the summer, I have to go with the obnoxiously bright neon colors, usually pink. They make me happier when going around barefoot and I love the look of them when paired with flip flops that are the same color for when I'm forced to wear some form of shoe ^_^

20. Kyrara-Ruxandra

Kyrara-Ruxandra Member

I mostly wear red, but also like hot pink and light silvery gray. My flatmate bought a gunmetal grey nail polish that we've been wearing for a few weeks straight:D