My wooden chillum (And I made it! :) )

Discussion in 'Show Your Piece' started by BudToker, Apr 21, 2007.

1. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

So this was my first attempt at carving a wooden chillum after I tried to carve a wooden pipe a while back and it ended misserably. I found the PERFECT wood in the forest behind my house. It is strong enough to not break easily, light weight, doesn't burn easily, and is easy to carve. I'm not sure what wood it is, but it is awsome! I got into a couple snags and there are a few minor cracks on the chillum and an accidental "popper" on the bottom. Neither effect the performance, but you have to make sure your thumb or other finger is covering the accidental hole at the bottom. I put a metal screen in and burnt the bowl cause I thought it would look cool. It tokes really really well and can hold quite a bit. The bowl part of it curves sligthly upward (on purpose) so you don't haev to tilt the chillum up so much. Overall I am quite pleased with myself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

looks sweet, but judging by how well it burns it wont look sweet for long :D

3. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

It took me a long time with the lighter to burn the bowl. I did it on purpose. Read the post before you talk.

And yeah it does look sweet

4. forwardventure

forwardventure Member

That's awesome. I've never smoked out of a wooden piece...what do the hits taste like compared to glass? And how long did it take to make?

Nice work. :)

5. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

Thanks! :) It tastes and smells minorly smokey (like a campfire or a wood stove), but it doesn't make the smoke any thicker because the flame isn't touching the wood long enough for it to burn. It took me about an hour of straight working. I'm sure when it will be quicker to make in the future because I know what to do and what not to do now.

6. paintballer687

paintballer687 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Very nice indeed, but you should take an extra step to help the bowl. Mix some honey with water in a 1:1 ratio and apply it to the inside and edges of the bowl and let it dry. Give it a few coats, take a lighter to it, and repeat. This will keep the wood from burning and give a cleaner smoke.

7. chameleongreen

chameleongreen Member

this guy knows his shit lol

8. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

thanks, I'll try that

9. toastacidblocks

toastacidblocks Member

hahaha

10. DepTh

DepTh Member

thats so ghetto lol