My uncle had a cat,...

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by freedbypeace, May 16, 2004.

1. arimoore

arimoore Guest

I just joined the forums - hi everybody. My partner and I live with three vegan cats.

I just created a new online community for vegan cat people - and those who are interested in learning more about it - and I wanted to tell y'all about it:

Sorry, no spamming other sites here.

Regardless of your views on whether feeding cats a vegan diet is right or wrong, I think we can all agree that sharing information and making sure our decisions are well-informed is a good thing. There's no dogma on this site, just honest communication and information-sharing.

Well, there will be if I can get people to join - I just made it tonight so I'm the only one on there so far! :)

2. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

I had a cat as a kid. He had sharp claws, could see in the dark, had large pointed teeth and liked to chase birds around the garden. Therefore we fed him meat
    I would be unlikely to get a cat now but if i did, the same would apply. Its a cat. Im human. Massive difference
    I wonder how many more times this will come up here
    The vegan cat foods do contain all the vitamins etc the cat needs in a supplement type form, so if they prefer it over meat then fine. Just id never do it

3. arimoore

arimoore Guest

Yeah, I'm very aware that it's questionable to feed a cat a vegan diet. But it's also questionable for a vegan to support slaughterhouses, and to choose their cat over many cows and pigs and chickens and fishes.

I never would have adopted our cats if I didn't really believe it was safe and healthy for them to eat this special food - I love them too much. It wouldn't have been in line with animal rights if I'd felt they'd be unhealthy or deprived.

Anyway, the community I set up is so folks who do make this decision can make sure we're doing it in a way that's as respectful of our cats' health and well-being as possible. Maybe we'll all discover patterns about our cats' health that we hadn't seen before, by being able to compare notes - I know that I personally would switch my cats to a meat diet in an instant if I knew that it was essential to keep them healthy.

This isn't about dogma, it's about doing what's right for our cats - and for the animals we would otherwise be feeding to them.

4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

closed because of necrothreading and suspiciously spam like postings.