My tounge! This is embarrassing!

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by Star Cat, May 17, 2007.

1. Star Cat

Star Cat Member

I confess that I just fell for this, and it's embarrassing! I can't believe I fell for it! It's worse than yawning!

Oh well, at least I know it's common... a Charlie Brown comic strip once addressed this sort of thing:

I just ran into a friend who was acting all annoyed and making weird expressions, and I asked him what the heck he was doing, and he goes, "DAMN! That jerk I was working with! He made me 'aware' of my tounge! He was deliberately making remarks to make me aware of my tounge, and now I can't forget it and just relax it! It feels like it's in the way, or off to the side, or something, I can't FORGET it again!" And he was dead serious, he was pretty annoyed about it.

And suddenly, after listening to him, I suddenly realize and go, "oh man, WHY did I have to run into you today?!! Now YOU'VE made ME aware of MY tounge!"

And it's TRUE! I can't forget it or get it to relax now! I've been trying for quite some time, and I just can't do it! AUGH!!

2. CrazybutLazy

CrazybutLazy Banned

God dammit....

Blink and breath.

3. Star Cat

Star Cat Member

Oh no.

Don't tell me I accidentally did that to you, too?

4. †ù®Ké¥ š†ûƒƒïñg

†ù®Ké¥ š†ûƒƒïñg Eminent Herbalist

U ASS, now I got it. Same thing with blinking,

5. Star Cat

Star Cat Member

Blinking??

Oh geez, now you've got me started with blinking now! I didn't even think about that one until you mentioned it! Ugh!

6. CrazybutLazy

CrazybutLazy Banned

Today I've been having to make myself blink, make myself breath, and constantly notice my tounge in the way. It's very annoying....

7. TheLizardKingMike

TheLizardKingMike Members

I have to ask, what is wrong with being aware of you're tongue? I once became intensely aware of my legs, but that's a different story.

8. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

just be glad they didn't make you aware of your testicles =D

9. SunStoned72

SunStoned72 just kidding

I get like that with swallowing.

10. BodyElectric

BodyElectric Member

I'm usually aware of my tongue. Especially if the balls on my tongue ring need replacing, or I've drank a lot of soda. Plus I'm always playing with the ring in my mouth to some extent. I think I'm so used to being aware of my tongue that it doesn't bug me.

Now breathing...I think too much about that and I can slowly hyperventilate. :1eye:

11. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

I hate stuff like this