My theory that the entire world is insane.

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by MeAgain, Aug 30, 2022.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I just thought of it, or remembered it, as it's a theory I originally developed in the first grade.
    And I have been refining it ever since, I might add.
    Bear with me.
    Or is it bare with me?
    Whatever.

I remembered it when I heard on the news yesterday that two airplane pilots on an Air France passenger liner got into a fist fight in the cockpit the other day.
    Apparently the First Officer wouldn't listen to the Captain. They grabbed each other by the collar, one guy got punched, and one guy had a clipboard thrown in his face. Probably the checklist.
    I mean really? I realize they are French, I assume, but I submit this as Exhibit one.

Exhibit two.
    As I'm watching the news after twenty to thirty commercials the news chick comes on with the hook line, "Two pilots get into a fistfight on board an Air France airplane, details after these messages." Then the commercials start again.
    So I'm thinking, this should be interesting, I'll wait around and see what happened.
    Then I watch twenty to thirty commercials again and the chick comes back on with the details.
    "Two pilots get into a fistfight on board an Air France airplane, the flight crew had to intervene. And now a word from our sponsors."

Exhibit three.
    So I watched fifteen to twenty minutes of commercials to get one line of news which didn't tell me anything more than the hook line which was given fifteen to twenty minutes after the first set of commercials.
    And I thought, "Am I crazy for watching all these commercials knowing that the news chic wasn't really going to tell me anything anyway, or are the news people crazy for thinking they're actually news people, or maybe the ad people are crazy for thinking I'm going to run right out and buy whatever they were trying to sell me which I didn't pay any attention to anyway?

Exhibit four.
    Which all goes into reinforcing my first grade hypothesis that the entire world is =crazy when I found out that the word "Knee" started with a "k".

Sorry I took so long to write this but my wife kept interrupting me with something about our bank. Hope I didn't keep you waiting too long for me to finish.

P.S. (Did I post something like this before?)

scratcho and Todd56 like this.
  2. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

Wait until the airline uses this in their add, to generate more business.

GeorgeCarlinFan likes this.
  3. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

I usually leave the room when the commercials come on. You actually believe them when they say "coming up next"?

GeorgeCarlinFan likes this.
  4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Yes, that's what I'm saying for a moment there I actually believed them when they said "coming up next".

5. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

Yes and people actually watch the Super Bowl, for the commericals.

MeAgain likes this.
  6. GeorgeCarlinFan

GeorgeCarlinFan Members

I agree, but I don't know anything about commercials. I wouldn't have cable if it didn't include DVR.

As for one little fight, it's nothing compared to the millions who have died under my government's "leadership" just in this century, so everything else is a little underwhelming.

7. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

"it's all about the money,boys." : Big Dan from Oh Brother Where Art Thou.

8. GeorgeCarlinFan

GeorgeCarlinFan Members

I wouldn't mind if the money went to the right people... For example, if you are in the top 5% of .... whatever... you should be paid in the top 5% of that profession.

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

to the best of my knowledge minerals lack the capacity to be judged sane or insane. and since 99.999% of all the volume and all the mass both, of everything that exists is mineral, rocks, gasses and the occasional precious liquids, that doesn't exactly leave a whole lot for the collective ego of the human species to claim to be even one entire world.

nor is the majority, even of planet earth about money. which human's faces are being constantly rubbed in by environment and climate.

humans only pretend everything is in their heads, because that may well be the only place they can know of it,
    but the unknown being unknown in no way prevents there from being a much bigger and more important reality,
    and not just that of a physical universe, but all the mental masterbation humans pretend to know about the nonphysical as well,
    outside and far beyond.

and yet there is a connection, not a clear perception, but a connection, that tells us be means of both anxieties, but also of a kind of elation,
    from no observable physical source, that some things are really not a very good idea, and some things are, and by that,
    the way in which they are or are not, is the way they create, by our actions, the kind of world, each other of us, has to live in.

if there is one root of insanity, it is the hatred of a logic, without which harm is incapable of being prevented.
    it is the claim that it is the will of beliefs, to hate logic, it is the claim that goodness and the desire to be feared are anything other then absolute binary opposits,
    that morality is anything other then universal consideration, and tyranny and evil are anything other then aggressive inconsiderateness.

yes there is such insanity in this world, but it is the statistic of a choice that is accessable to each of us.

gods owe nothing to what we believe, but demons are the creation of our own statistical sum, of aggressive inconsiderateness.
    which is to say, the statistical sum of our choices of behavior.

there is no biological imparative to be this insanity. i understand it is an expression of frustration. but the root of that frustration is itself.
    recursive frustration, self perpetuating, but not immutable, not eternal, not anything a majority of us, looking beyond the box of ourselves,
    and our mutual selves, couldn't turn around in a day, largely by not continuing to repeat these erronious assumptions, however comfortable familiar, they might otherwise be.