My Solution to Violence.

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Jimbee68, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Slunted

Slunted 'long time listener, first time caller'

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well no, there's definitely a violent gene.

3. Slunted

regardless how good the teacher you cant take that away from people.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

what you can't take away from people, is because you can't take away for the universe, the only inhierent nature that it has, which is diversity.
    its all statistical, but you can certainly influence the shape and location of the curve.

of course you can't absolutely prevent ANYthing. you can just make it a whole lot more or less likely. and again what does that, is the culture people actually live,
    which begins with the priorities they don't even know they have, and those begin with the stories they're exposed to and stick in their subconscious mind.

5. Slunted

But surely a regime of medication to subdue inherent nature is never a solution to anything, As you say influence is a far more less evasive way. I'm just not in bed with the whole idea of medicating something that can be dealt with in other ways.

themnax likes this.
  6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

with this i agree.

the only thing i would agree with mass 'medicating' (putting something in the air or water supply deliberately) would be to lower the human birthrate.
    oddly enough, a less dense population would almost certainly be less violent too.
    but the main reason i would allow for this level of desperation, is to prevent the not so distant future extinction of humans as a species,
    resulting from the overloading of the environment that we have already passed many tipping points as the result of.

Slunted likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Trump has proposed tighter gun controls today.
    I guess I never read about it, because it's a good thing he's doing.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

and upon what do you base this claim? something on television again?

mine is based upon the conclusions of numerous studies published in peer reviewed scientific journals in the 70s and 80s

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nope, Yahoo news. :D

Slunted likes this.
  10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

took him long enough to figure this out. i mean, i'm happy he finally did, but, i kind of thought white supremists, neo-nazi's et al, WERE his 'base".
    (judging by the nature of his selection of appointments and advisors official and unofficial both)
    (of course you also realize, he'll say absolutely anything, if he thinks it might have the effect he wants, even if it directly contradicts his previous sentence)

11. You would like Trump irminsul, ya fuckin' Nazi.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

that's kind of close enough.

13. Slunted

Haha,

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Actually I thought you quoted the other message.

I read about the violent and greed genes when I was researching our Deconstructed DNA strands and genome.

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

stop romantacizing advisarial culture, no matter how much 'profit' there is in pandering to it.
    i'm not saying seeing it once is the problem, but a steady diet of nothing else cannot help but be.

violent genes are speculative, but we will soon have the technology to redesign our genehome if such a thing did exist.
    i do want to see people able to radically redesign their own personal physical appearance.
    and that in way, which unlike reconstructive surgery, would be low to no maintainence.

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

You mean RAP MUSIC..

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You see the kids...
    They listen to the rap music...
    With the hippin and the hoppin and the bippin and the boppin.

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

includes most of that certainly, along with most of so called country, which has almost nothing to do with people who don't live in cities,
    but its not just confined to music. there's a lot of it in all sorts of for profit 'artistic expression'.
    and again like i said, its not just someone being exposed to it,
    its when that's the only thing people are allowed because of nearly everything else being quietly and unofficially defacto censured,
    whether by ideological and religious motivation, or 'simply' 'market forces'.

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

Marijuana ... A real positive image..

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i am aware of papers to that effect having been published,
    i am also aware however of equally scholarly and peer reviewed rebuttals having been as well.
    with as well or better established evidence to support them.